Dynadot

advice Help and Advice - Was my domain stolen?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

eNqyddn

Established Member
Impact
Hi Namepros,

I would really appreciate your help and advice on an unsuccessful domain transaction at Afternic.

I listed one of my domains for sale with Afternic sometime early this year. Received an email in June alerting me that the domain has been sold and that i need to verify ownership by providing the Auth code from my registrar. Did all that and received an email a few days after which said that the domain transfer was cancelled as they could not verify ownership. They also mentioned that the domain would be removed from my Afternic account.

I am now going through my domains for renewal and realised that the domain which was unsuccessfully sold is still not back in my account at my registrar. I noticed that there is also a site now operating under that particular domain name. How could this have happened? Has anyone faced this before?

I have written to afternic for explanation and compensation. Appreciate any useful advice you could give about what I could do about this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back