Dynadot

Number domains... why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

chishikijin

Impact
Why do I keep seeing numbers everywhere and with bids? Some code thing? I get it if it's like 991.com or something but what about:

56481.com

83102.com

09957.com

23760.com

59452.com

78249.com

84187.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Numbers have meaning in some cultures. They almost translate into words. That combined with the limited number of 5 digit sequences makes them valuable to some investors.

•••
•••
Once upon a time, LL.com sold for $XX,XXX ... Once upon a time, NN.com sold for $XX,XXX ...

Now we see the current numerical domain market as a confusing array of mixed opinions and the value and rarity continue to rise ... to any serious investors ... Honestly, it's a whole other world !

360.com can sell for $17M, because of an enduser who has interest yet to an investor this domain would fetch no more then $100K on investor standards in today's 2017 market ... Hilarious beyond belief

With your example, LLL.com is becoming the new LL.com and NNNNN.com is becoming the new NNNN.com and the market will adjust itself appropriately ...

Thousand dollar domains reach ten thousand dollar values and million dollar domains reach ten million dollar values ... The problem is investors cannot afford these new market prices and the average American enduser does not have a clue about domain names or markets ... Secretaries will unfortunately laugh in your face and offer you $50 for what they don't know is the price tag of a Bugatti ...
The average Chinese enduser will negotiate the price with you ... And will quote their lowest offer and then when it comes time to do the deal, they will retract their offer in the midst of "Hard Negotiation" and you'll wait months if not years thinking you wasted your damn time ...

"Read em and weep"

•••
Why do I keep seeing numbers everywhere and with bids? Some code thing? I get it if it's like 991.com or something but what about:

56481.com

83102.com

09957.com

23760.com

59452.com

78249.com

84187.com

Sometimes they represent zip codes, example 78249, zip code for San Antonio Tx, 84187, zip for a city in Germany.

The combo of numbers are more representative of a China market buyer given the meanings and the placement of 0 and 4
Meaning is very popular in the China market. 5 numbers and beyond is mostly speculation with a few rare combo exceptions.

78249 could mean: Go and become rich+peaceful life+forever

84187 could mean: Handle affairs, Become rich (investment, management, affiliate etc)

09957 could mean: Win a very long time, play with money ( gambling site)

83102 could mean: Business, Win love( dating site)

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back