Dynadot

Non-Payer at Undeveloped.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Information provided by Undeveloped.com after "buyer" who had agreed to purchase failed to respond to 4 reminders and was subsequently warned of the consequences.

IP Address -Singapore 137.132.253.10

Too many of these non payers around and they need to be exposed accordingly.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, far too many non-payers. I have five so far this year (at Undeveloped and Sedo). Really frustrating.

•••
Can we create a new thread with all the information about these non-payers? It would be helpful to sellers in someway. It should include non-payers from all the marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
I have 2 non payers through my efty landers using payoneer. They click the buy it now and then agree to all the terms and conditions etc and then vanish. Wan***s

•••
It's a law of averages thing, people also default on mortgages and credit cards and etc ///

•••
It's a law of averages thing, people also default on mortgages and credit cards and etc ///

And there are major financial repercussions for defaulting on things like that. :)

Mortgages, credit cards, car loans, etc - back out of that and your phone will start ringing from collectors. Back out of student loans and the federal government will be coming after that (in the USA at least). Cant bankrupt a student loan. IRS will take any refunds prior to you seeing it and thats if DOJ hasnt already garnished the salary of those in default.

In the case where people back out of bidding on a house (for example), they forfeit what is called "earnest money" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnest_payment So it would behoove those who are interested to be serious players.

That process has to become part of the bidding and purchase of a domain name too or else the industry will remain flush with these tire-kickers. I've had 5 non-payers this year alone.

It would be so easy to implement: In order to bid on a domain name then require a credit card or whatever other means of down payment. Simple. All serious buyers will move forward and most tire-kickers will fall away.

The amount of money wasted in time chasing these people are enormous. For those who say its not worth it for under a certain amount, sure - it probably isnt. But when we lose $5000, $10000, or even more offers to people who are probably out just to waste our time, play games, or simply back out because they decided not to AND because there are no repercussions (even though they are in a binding legal agreement), it would make perfect sense to require a 10% deposit in order to bid. Personally, I'd have mid-4 figures in earnest money in my pocket this year so far AND a lot of time not wasted trying to chase down these people.

I am open for discussion, anyone that can see flaws in this for the domain world then lets all talk about it. Something has to change though. In the meantime, I would love to see a thread where we can post non-paying buyers information to warn other domain investors. Someplace we can look up whether or not these people are legit. I've had CEOs and founders of huge companies back out of 5 figure sales like its nothing. People worth multiple dozens of millions of dollars and in one case a billionaire (several years ago). This is BS and needs to change. Its worth discussing.

•••
Mods, a specific thread for this? Would have to be verified non payers before posting.

•••
And there are major financial repercussions for defaulting on things like that. :)

Mortgages, credit cards, car loans, etc - back out of that and your phone will start ringing from collectors. Back out of student loans and the federal government will be coming after that (in the USA at least). Cant bankrupt a student loan. IRS will take any refunds prior to you seeing it and thats if DOJ hasnt already garnished the salary of those in default.

In the case where people back out of bidding on a house (for example), they forfeit what is called "earnest money" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnest_payment So it would behoove those who are interested to be serious players.

That process has to become part of the bidding and purchase of a domain name too or else the industry will remain flush with these tire-kickers. I've had 5 non-payers this year alone.

It would be so easy to implement: In order to bid on a domain name then require a credit card or whatever other means of down payment. Simple. All serious buyers will move forward and most tire-kickers will fall away.

The amount of money wasted in time chasing these people are enormous. For those who say its not worth it for under a certain amount, sure - it probably isnt. But when we lose $5000, $10000, or even more offers to people who are probably out just to waste our time, play games, or simply back out because they decided not to AND because there are no repercussions (even though they are in a binding legal agreement), it would make perfect sense to require a 10% deposit in order to bid. Personally, I'd have mid-4 figures in earnest money in my pocket this year so far AND a lot of time not wasted trying to chase down these people.

I am open for discussion, anyone that can see flaws in this for the domain world then lets all talk about it. Something has to change though. In the meantime, I would love to see a thread where we can post non-paying buyers information to warn other domain investors. Someplace we can look up whether or not these people are legit. I've had CEOs and founders of huge companies back out of 5 figure sales like its nothing. People worth multiple dozens of millions of dollars and in one case a billionaire (several years ago). This is BS and needs to change. Its worth discussing.
People claim bankruptcy every day, bad buyers are buyer ..... it happens in all walks of life

•••
People claim bankruptcy every day, bad buyers are buyer ..... it happens in all walks of life

In namepros, we should only worry about domain non payers.

•••

Apples/Oranges.

We're not talking about someone who is leasing/renting (to own) your domain and the stops paying and walks away from it. In that case you get your name back and can put it right back on the market for sale.

A fair comparison would be going to try to purchase a house. You can not make an offer without placing a deposit.

What we're talking about with domains are people who have legally agreed to purchase your domain for lets say $10,000. They press "buy now" and then the aftermarket (or even yourself) waits for payment.

You wait and wait and wait and wait... could be weeks sometimes even months. They tie up your domain as they drag their legs and they eventually breach their end of the contract never making payment. You cant offer your domain to anyone else because you are going to keep your end of the bargain and not sell the domain to someone else in the middle of a legal agreement to sell it to the person who you no longer hear from.

Yes, there are bad transactions in business everywhere but as I said there are repercussions to those as well.

Just because bad things happen doesnt mean we shouldnt try to find a better way to resolve and iron out rough spots. I am open to discussing WHY it wont work, not simply because there are bad people in business in other industries. Sure there are. Surely we can discuss how to stop this BS from happening in our corner of the world.

•••
What’s the problem? I picked up stuffs at super market, when I got to the checkpoint, I decided not to buy some of them all the time.
Even when I took them home, I could still return some of them within 7 days.

Last edited:
•••
Escrow.com
[email protected] $ 575
[email protected] $6666
+ another $ 16666 email adress was absolute fantastic [email protected]
SEDO.com (BuyNow)
nam hai
ngoc doan
hai an
180000 hai phong
Vietnam | 5577 euro

Hey Wot i know you "love" me very much & follow me on other forums but maybe you know this guys
Just a legit question :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
What’s the problem? I picked up stuffs at super market, when I got to the checkpoint, I decided not to buy some of them all the time.
I will remember this when making a 'binding' commitment to buy your domains. You should also advertise your 7-day buyback guarantee.

•••
I wonder if they are locking in your price, shopping it around hoping to find someone to pay more, and then hoping to pay you and flip it. Thoughts?

•••
I will remember this when making a 'binding' commitment to buy your domains. You should also advertise your 7-day buyback guarantee.
You're welcome to do that. Just I don't provide 7 day buyback guarantee.

•••
Transaction cancelled

Unfortunately we have to cancel this transaction. Here are the details of the buyer: Zeljko Grbavac - [email protected] - +436602953124

(Note: This transaction was only for low $xxx :xf.laugh: )

Last edited:
•••
Transaction cancelled

Unfortunately we have to cancel this transaction. Here are the details of the buyer: Courtney Parks - [email protected] - +14049487224

Unfortunately we have to cancel this transaction. Here are the details of the buyer: angelo morales - [email protected] - +13477023809

Unfortunately we have to cancel this transaction. Here are the details of the buyer: M Johns - [email protected] - +14803219876

Last edited:
•••
Transaction cancelled

Unfortunately we have to cancel this transaction. Here are the details of the buyer: Murad - [email protected] - +218923170770

•••
I wonder if they are locking in your price, shopping it around hoping to find someone to pay more, and then hoping to pay you and flip it. Thoughts?

I dont know. Sounds possible and I am sure it has happened to us without us realizing..

Sometimes I will receive another offer, days or weeks later, as I am waiting for payment from the original buyer.

The offer is usually lower, but there have been times where it was higher. I often wondered if I was being toyed with - especially with the higher offers. To see if I will break the original agreement... But in all cases when the buyer becomes a deadbeat, the prospect with the other offer never responds. Working in tandem, who knows. Then all goes silent for the domain for a while. Its odd.

Last edited:
•••
I have one nonpayer here at namepros - still waiting for responce

I have also two payers here at namepros which haven't yet accepted domain push at Godaddy

Sometimes I wish I could do everything by myself :banghead:

•••
So from your way of thinking in terms of domains you don't have a problem breaking agreements then?
Not doing your rep a lot of good making those kind of statements.

•••
Escrow.com
[email protected] $ 575
[email protected] $6666
+ another $ 16666 email adress was absolute fantastic [email protected]
SEDO.com (BuyNow)
nam hai
ngoc doan
hai an
180000 hai phong
Vietnam | 5577 euro

Hey Wot i know you "love" me very much & follow me on other forums but maybe you know this guys
Just a legit question :xf.wink:
No I don't know them, but maybe they thought they were buying something other than what they had made the offers on?

•••
There will always be non payers, here and on other sales platforms. The systems in place are the ones that work best in the sales platforms view. I am willing to guess that not every person "paying" off a domain at Huge Domains fulfils the contract. Except in that instance the "house" wins and they keep the domain and the money.

•••
So from your way of thinking in terms of domains you don't have a problem breaking agreements then?
Not doing your rep a lot of good making those kind of statements.
Buyer: “how much for these oranges?”
Seller: “$3 per kg.”
Buyer: “can you do $2 kg?”
Seller: “ok”
Buyer: “I remember I still have some at home / now I realize these oranges aren’t good enough / I suddenly don’t feel like eating fruit. I wouldn’t buy today.”
Seller took a photo of that customer to print out and stick it in the street with a writing “this man backed out from an orange deal”.

•••
Buyer: “how much for these oranges?”
Seller: “$3 per kg.”
Buyer: “can you do $2 kg?”
Seller: “ok”
Buyer: “I remember I still have some at home / now I realize these oranges aren’t good enough / I suddenly don’t feel like eating fruit. I wouldn’t buy today.”
Seller took a photo of that customer to print out and stick it in the street with a writing “this man backed out from an orange deal”.
Sounds like ........ "sour lemons"

•••
Back