IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
received exactly 14 inquiries in the past 48 hours on HoloEyewear dot com, all of them from different contacts/locations.. crazy, can post a screenshot here from my DNS console later as proof..

ps: and 1 each for HoloImplant dot com & HoloPlanner dot com in the last 24 hours..

Crazy stuff indeed. Had 1 more offer on HoloTalk in last few hours..mid xxx

•••
I regged eDriverless dot com, seems a good name for anything driverless related. Very surprised it was available..

•••
• IOT Corporation (.) com
• IOT Laboratories (.) com
:)

•••
Who has been following Haptic Technology?
This could definitely be a next trend ..

I believe many people are not quite aware of how cool haptics really are.
maybe this will help just a bit(?)

•••
I think some people here could use a little more time finding quality names instead of just trying to dream up the next big trend.

Some of these names don't make sense. Immersivehaptic.com? You can't just fling two words together and hope that they'll make sense.

They might be emerging trends on their own, but in combination they don't necessarily have any meaning to the general public or end users.

I just don't like to see people spend money unnecessarily. It's fine to speculate and predict trends, but don't go crazy registering everything under the sun.

•••
•••
Looks like Modular Mobiles are going to be soon released so happy day :) for all modular fans

•••
•••
Been getting a fair bit of traffic lately for driverlessassistant.com + selfdrivingassistant.com for some reason

This traffic is proberly form domainers, which is normally a good sign !

•••
Wearable devices....

Google glass

Smart watches by Apple

Fitness/Health related wearable device that works with your smartphone apps. These devices constantly monitors some aspects of your health and communicates it to your doctor through apps.

and

Internet of things. This is something that will make every device in your house connect to the internet and also make it smart.

I don't own any names in these trends.......just fyi

Last edited:
•••
I think the next big trend is going to be brandable domain names!, just look at newly regged domains mainly brandables, start up, domains.

With sites like BrandBucket on Track for $1M in Sales in this year alone, and the steady increase each year in start ups.

Now is the time to invest in brandables!

•••
•••
•••
I've already turned down mid $x,xxx for BeWearable(.)com
... this name has a lot of life right now - a real nice amount of inquiries... Great Brand name.

Have also had a couple of nibbles on SportsWearable(.)com, but they were considerably smaller.

... and just for fun I have SwimWearable(.)com

Best of luck iWearables... Great name :)

Turned down mid $xxxx for a name registered 4 months ago!

I must have lost the plot of this business completely. :P

•••
Your other point about get names from poor people absolutely ask the guy who sold Camroulette.com to Adam Strong, he did not see $151,000 and he was never seeing that amount for that domain,

The former owner was a member here? - I remember his thread here at NP
he regged camroulette then Adam offered him I think $1500 he took it, Adam flipped it for $151,000 a few days later ...

another one recently was the owner of OKGlass.com google used a third party to buy the domain from him...

problem is us domainers are never really sure who the buyer is when they contact us via whois unless we contact the enduser ourselves..

•••
Just reggd

CellModular . com

.net .org gone..

Last edited:
•••
just landed in my account

Modular
dot
info

•••
just landed in my account

Modular
dot
info

Cool.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Regged:

SmartWatchModules

.com

•••
•••
Some new articles past few days about hearables, you wont have to look hard. I'm thinking we have a good chance on this one :)

Just read.
The most excitement is about the wearables turning hearables.
Touted as the $5 billion market by 2018. (Grin)

•••
Ok i really like this niche and it hasn't been gobbled up like robotics and 3dprinting so i snagged

HoloQuest
HoloFable
HoloStudy
HoloExplore

That's all for me

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back