Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The former owner was a member here? - I remember his thread here at NP
he regged camroulette then Adam offered him I think $1500 he took it, Adam flipped it for $151,000 a few days later ...

Hi guys. I'm a member too but just haven't been around here forever. Looked up my name and saw this thread. Thanks.

It took months not days and I spent a lot of money to make it all come together, not to mention that I have contacts in this industry and have spent years developing my business and skills.. It wasn't just the money to buy the domain. I marketed and produced an auction and spent my time and energy finding buyers. By the time the auction rolled around the name was peaking on traffic. It's all about luck right ? The intersection or preparedness and opportunity. I've had plenty of failures guys.

•••
5kTube dot com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
You guys are wasting your money with 5k domains. 8k technology and content is already being developed. 8k is being promoted as a competitor of 4k....but 4k has gained more traction for obvious technological reasons.

At the end of the day it's content...and 4k is winning the content war with services like NetFlix following suit

I had the one 8K sale... that was a few months back on a hand reg sold on sedo 8KSolutions $x,xxx - reported on NP/dnjournal.

The owner is a big player in digital TV content in the states - he's taken nearly everything up 8K....He's the owner of XOS Digital Inc.

4K is just a stop gap - lots of interesting things happening 8K.

Google news "8K" does that mean let's pull out all those GD codes and start regging? Nope! Best be smart with your $ and invest wisely..

FX

•••
Only have the one in Holo

.com

HoloPros

•••
Next trend you ask? Dropping of domains reg'd the previous year... it may in fact be a common trend.

•••
•••
I freaking wish I owned that one!

A hat may be in order for dawg's new trend:

bacon_trucker_hat.jpg

•••
•••
I had phygitalstore.com and phygitalshop.com on my list, but i codent take them all.
Now the are gone.

i own:
Phygitalsoluions
phygitaltechnology
phygitalretail
phygitalspace
phygitaldisplay
phy-gital
.com

phygital
.nl

•••
For those of you interested in Beacons, Google is pushing UriBeacon through the Physical Web (soon to be integrated into mobile browsers). Basically, this creates a way lower entry point for business, as they wont need to develop an app to support a beacon ecosystem. All a UriBeacon does is send out a URL for the user to discover and visit. A fairly succinct explanation can be found here - http://www.bkon.com/uribeacon

•••
2 of my mooc sales emooc.com $5k and cmooc.com $2250 were sold to Chinese.

I had no action whatsoever on the plural MOOCs only sold the MOOC ones and have dropped all the plural ones.
Still hold some nice mooc domains I would sell, if anyone is interested!.

•••
You should drop the names with the tm's in them

•••
iotamazon.com
iotcisco.com
iotdisney.com
iotedison.com
iotfacebook.com
iotfedex.com
iotgoogle.com
iotinstagram.com
iotlinkedin.com
iotsony.com
iotverizon.com
iotyoutube.com
iotzigbee.com

Delete these. Nobody will ever buy them.
They are all TM's D-:

•••
Been getting a fair bit of traffic lately for driverlessassistant.com + selfdrivingassistant.com for some reason

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Yeah maybe Keith

There is holo advertising already being developed and used, so I dont think its too far away

I own HolographicAdvertising.com as well as HologramMarketing.com
Holo will undoubtedly be huge

As for some other 'Emerging Technologies' on the rise?

Most of my inquiries center around Telematics and this has become my hottest group of names at the moment... (V2X - Vehicle to Network.... V2V - Vehicle to Vehicle)... This market is maturing rapidly and is now unavoidable... in the process of changing the automobile industry forever.

Driver assisted cars as well as Autonomous cars

M2M - a branch off the IOT - this can mean either 'Machine to Machine' or 'Machine to Man'...

Haptics are coming closer and closer to mainstream by the day - very exciting tech, not just for us as individuals, but the medical industry is really doing some amazing things in this sector

Wearable Computing is all set to explode - but me personally, I've never been a big fan of product names with all the monopolies

T-Commerce is also very interesting (as well as confused)
There appears to be a tug of war over what this term will actually reference - Tablet Commerce and/or TV Commerce.... (Also dubbed Couch Commerce)
* I hand regged TCommerce.biz in January for $5 and sold this three months later for $550... Very cool developments here

Maybe not exactly 'new' or 'emerging' - but online advertising is changing rapidly with RTB Networks (Real Time Bidding)... The numbers being thrown around here are just insane

3d Projection Mapping is a very high profit industry and people can't get enough of it... I've actually been personally involved in this sector and believe me when I tell u - HUGE industry that keeps getting bigger

There's more I can share... But then I'd have to fight u all for the names.... hope that helps :)

Best of Luck

•••
A safer and faster approach than "predictive domaining" is probably "retrospective domaining".
Learning from the past, from the mistakes of others, from experience of others, from the fails and successes of others, etc.
Even if you want to be a successful predictive domainer, you need to be a retrospective domainer with some experience and feeling for the whole domain market first. You can't just start with domaining, go to google news, type 'future trends', then register some word combinations you read in some articles and wait for $$$$$$ and call yourself trend domainer.
Last but not least, you have to be lucky. Many apparently new promising trends, can turn in to fails because of different circumstances and developments.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/05/bbc-is-done-with-3d-tv-after-the-doctor-who-special/

http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/07/08/your-ability-to-focus-why-3d-television-cant-take-off/

Then again, this could change with new technologies and development.
No one really knows.
As i said, you need some luck too.

I personally like trends and also participate in trends, hypes and whatever you want to call it from while to while, but i know that most of the time its gambling and just a game with unknown outcome. so its a rather small part and i try to diversify as much as possible.
Its fun though, no doubt.

Last edited:
•••
You are not the only domainer who is desperate to have a big sale :)

But to make a big sale you got to be lucky enough to get approached by a big company that has their heart set on having your domain and on top of that you have to be in a strong enough position to be able to say no to all the xxxxx offers.

I have had a fairly good share of sales over the years and have never been desperate to sell.

The problem with saying no to $xx,xxx negotiated offers is that invariably they are one off and never to be repeated.

You have to be strong enough to accept many offers and move on to the next one with no regrets.

You will sell a lot more that way.

•••
•••
Got a low xxx email offer on ModularPrinting, so I feel that's good news for the modular niche!

And even better news for me since I own ModularPrinter as well :)

•••
How's this one:-

HoloTalk

Picked on drop.
.net .de taken.

•••
•••
•••
I wanna buy my pot using wave pay from my NFC phone via the cloud and then pick it up with my solar-powered robotic hoverbike

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back