Domain Empire
Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'm not sure it's been mentioned earlier or not, if so, then sorry.

So if someone heard about Twitch.tv, and that "chaos" what's going on there, in a positive way, so that knows that broadcasting live gaming is something like live erotic cam. In fact it's already over passed the adult industry I'm guessing. I was surprised how many people are watching other people gaming, and watchers even donating them. It's crazy. So I think it will evolve, people will be broadcasting every kind of stuff they do, especially what they're good at, and other people who are intrested in that certain subject will watch these pro's, and donate them.
So this trend is called live broadcasting, as simple as it is.

Last edited:
•••
^I agree and to an extent not even just pros, but just people who feel everyone else wants to/ should see what they're doing. That's why I've went to town on live streaming and live reality domain names. Personal broadcasters are the next big thing.

•••
...not even just pros, but just people who feel everyone else wants to/ should see what they're doing.
I agree absolutely.

•••
Google Patents remote Bear/rabbit.
A teddy bear fitted with sensors that could control the TV in your house?
Story Here.
Wifitoy . Net is taken B.T.W :)
RemoteToy .Net as well

•••
think MOOCs have a great potential for the future as its a simple way of providing higher ed for the vast masses. knowledge is power!

•••
•••
think MOOCs have a great potential for the future as its a simple way of providing higher ed for the vast masses. knowledge is power!

Couldn't agree more ;) Holding onto iMOOCs.com I've noticed that the Chinese have invested heavily in Moocs and so has just about all the top Universities in the U.S are getting on board.

•••
•••
2 of my mooc sales emooc.com $5k and cmooc.com $2250 were sold to Chinese.

I had no action whatsoever on the plural MOOCs only sold the MOOC ones and have dropped all the plural ones.
Still hold some nice mooc domains I would sell, if anyone is interested!.

•••
Thanks. I didn't even realize what a MOOC was until I saw it in this thread.

•••
mooc - " Massive open online course "

a course of study made available over the Internet without charge to a very large number of people.

•••
My fav. MOOC is TheOdinProject.com I learned so much from that site, it's amazing.

•••
I was able to grab Moocsi . com for $1.17
Hope I get ROI :)

•••
I'm pretty cautious about investing in keywords domains related to "free" products and resources.

•••
•••
I'm pretty cautious about investing in keywords domains related to "free" products and resources.

as far as i have understood it: moocs consist of both free and fee-paying courses. it describes a cheap way of making courses available through digital distribution. thus they are able to make the courses cheaper and so they can appeal to very large number of people.

•••
Maybe I'm a mook for hand regging these... :)

CentralMooc
MaoMooc

•••
is there a future for domains in spocs?

With SPOCs, HarvardX tries making MOOCs smaller ...
https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/.../with-spocs-harvardx-...
For Fisher's course, groups of 25 students and their TFs logged on to an Adobe conferencing system each week and spent an hour and a half in the same virtual ...

SPOCs may provide what MOOCs can't - University Business
www.universitybusiness.com/.../spocs-may-provide-...
It's hard to follow higher education news these days without seeing a reference to MOOCs. The online learning platforms from edX, Coursera, Udacity, and ...

•••
Anybody sold intercloud domains yet? @FX and others?

•••
Have you guys seen this zuckerberg telepathy news the past few days? Probably 10-15 years off, surprised hes even talking about it already. Should be in our lifetimes though (Im assuming after "domain names" have run their course)...

http://no_url_shorteners/1RgtiaF

•••
•••
LOL , MaoMooc is solid

Both of them got a few inquiries but no firm offers to date. I regged one more MOOCPHD which actually has some search volume. I've a BBQ this weekend with a friend who is heavily involved in the whole e-learning sphere. I'll be picking his brains for what's on the horizon and I'll report back anything interesting.

•••
DevMOOC

I could be wrong, but it seems like the majority of companies offering online courses are mostly geared for the development community. When I saw that DevMOOC dot com was available I thought it was an error, because "dev" is the name of the industry. Tried the search again to see if it was a hiccup and then jumped on the MOOC bandwagon the second I confirmed it was in fact available lol...

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back