IT.COM

New .top registry spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I was surprised to see this in my inbox today. As it appears to be new .top registry spam from the guy who keeps attacking me personally on NP.

I thought I would share. Because this unsolicited .top spam from their paid shills IS A REAL PROBLEM. I never signed up for this registry sponsored spam and there is no way to unsubscribe.

--
Subject: Interested in .top domains ?

Hi ______,

I see _________ is listed by you on sedo. This is a very good domain, are you a professional domainer?

As .top has been gaining popularity from domainers and big companies. Companies like Baidu, Google and Yahoo just registered their trademark domains at .top recently. If you would like to register .top domain or want to know more, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
----------------
Vicho Lv

hUNzI9-QWfUni1PeoO0fec_JX2tAfSV3zJT-lgFGeMjKOp0Vx8NKZ3zl4oTn87NAxtPOvURIAa88C2rop77YW_X3NX15eDdlSohBFKo45q77qQbNv2YG0H6di_yBGbBbATmIi6X0mWRqgR7zMG4K0TDu7z1TZd3QMPkU5aKH=s0-d-e1-ft

Jiangsu Bangning Science and Technology Co., Ltd. Registrar ID: 1469
Tel:(+86)18761868202

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awful. You should report their tactics to icann, if they care (?).

Also, that Vicho guy should be banned from NP imho. He clearly is a relentless and unrepentant spammer

Icann, do you know you have bred rogue registries ?
Please take note of this and act accordingly.

•••
you really should listen, be quiet. don't you know they are a registrar? please don't make here comtaminated with your personal bias or ill business intentions.

•••
•••
Have some of these as well in my collection of .top spam, infact .top spam is by far the biggest scammer ever to get to my inbox

•••
They don't want to spend money to make money.

•••
.Top is ran by the Chinese. In communist China mainland. As usual, you need to be careful doing business directly with Chinese companies. You guys are taking a serious risk investing in .top.

•••
More spam *sigh*

Someone needs to stop these guys.. this is beyond ridiculous. I get these e-mails nearly every day now. :(

Qian Huang [email protected] via gmail.com
Apr 25 (1 days ago)Hi,

I see ______ is listed by you on sedo. This is a very good domain, are you a professional domainer?

As .top has been gaining popularity from domainers and big companies. Companies like Baidu, Google and Yahoo just registered their trademark domains at .top recently. If you would like to register .top domain or want to know more, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
------------------
Qian Huang

hUNzI9-QWfUni1PeoO0fec_JX2tAfSV3zJT-lgFGeMjKOp0Vx8NKZ3zl4oTn87NAxtPOvURIAa88C2rop77YW_X3NX15eDdlSohBFKo45q77qQbNv2YG0H6di_yBGbBbATmIi6X0mWRqgR7zMG4K0TDu7z1TZd3QMPkU5aKH=s0-d-e1-ft

Jiangsu Bangning
http://www.nic.top/en/Whois.asp

•••
They're advertisers on NamePros. Look at their banner under New Replies on the right. NP needs to remove it.

•••
They're advertisers on NamePros. Look at their banner under New Replies on the right. NP needs to remove it.
Assume money talks as mostly.

•••
edit

mods feel free to delete this reply.. I was going to add something but changed my mind.

•••
The .TOP in China is a garbage suffix,
They often send spam email to domain name investors.

•••
Got a .top spam today.

I advise you to stay away from .top because we are clearly dealing with an unrepentant spammer. In short: a rogue registry. There is no reason to trust or deal with people who have low ethics. They just don't know what is right or wrong.

Remember: the difference between a spammer and a scammer: one single letter.

•••
So they are not spending on advertisement and spamming forum members. Bad tactics.

•••
Yes I got a spam like that through Linkedin.. an other guy from data.top but I'm not sure they are the "official" guys from the .top extension.. At first they wanted to hire me as a broker and sent their list of 65,000 .top domains (lol). I thought they were crazy to invest such a budget on .top domains but I was also interested because they had domains like X.top or 8.top that might have some value somedays (might), but I've checked and these domains are not even registered yet. For a domain priced at 8K on different registrars they listed them at 12K, offering a 10% fee on successful sales... so of course I've stopped to discuss with this ".top investor".
I won't report his name though because it was on linkedin so I've accepted him before he sent me this great offer

•••
Yes I got a spam like that through Linkedin.. an other guy from data.top but I'm not sure they are the "official" guys from the .top extension.. At first they wanted to hire me as a broker and sent their list of 65,000 .top domains (lol). I thought they were crazy to invest such a budget on .top domains but I was also interested because they had domains like X.top or 8.top that might have some value somedays (might), but I've checked and these domains are not even registered yet. For a domain priced at 8K on different registrars they listed them at 12K, offering a 10% fee on successful sales... so of course I've stopped to discuss with this ".top investor".
I won't report his name though because it was on linkedin so I've accepted him before he sent me this great offer

that sounds like scam and spam

•••

These clowns.. Watch out for them. They found a way to spam all emails I use for WHOIS contact. Offered me awsome domains like yahoo.top and so on.

•••
Downright criminal if you ask me. This is the kind of beast that icann unleashed.

•••
Downright criminal if you ask me. This is the kind of beast that icann unleashed.

Agreed. I wonder if ICANN will ever step in and do anything to put a halt to it?

•••
Agreed. I wonder if ICANN will ever step in and do anything to put a halt to it?

Is there a simple way to report .top to ICANN?

•••
I just received the following on linkedin -

Hi Brad, how are you? Thank you for connecting.

Have you heard of the new gTLD, .TOP domains by any chance? We have many types of valuable premium .TOP domains, such as lap.top, michigan.top, necklace.top, 1st.top, wine.top, martini.top, vine.top, e.t.c.. We have many more.

If you are interested, please let me know. The potential in .TOP domains is huge.

Kind regards
Kevin

p.s.please visit www.knowabout.top for more information.

•••
What's the hold up people ? Just buy those .top domains and be done with it. Okay ?
Please.

•••
I wanted to buy spam.top but it's reserved by the registry :(

•••
•••
Ironically, from people's experiences, .Top is actually the .Bottom of the domain industry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back