Dynadot

news .TOP Registry Reached New Agreements with Chinese Registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vicho

VIP Member
.TOP Staff
Impact
Recently, .TOP registry has launched a new program with 25 domestic registrars and more than 1000 resellers/vendors, selling .TOP domains with other matched products like VPS, cloud hosting, dedicated server, space, etc. This program aims to expand the application of .TOP domains and assist end-users in building websites. A recent example:

China Internet Industry Summit official website: http://www.chinav.top/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi vicho,

Thanx for the info. Seems like the .TOP registry is targeting more on end-users. I heard that websites using .TOP extension have to be put on record with your country government (if i remembered it right). How about websites with .top extension outside China? Do they have to be put on record with your government? I am watching the space of .top and want to learn more.

•••
Hi vicho,

Thanx for the info. Seems like the .TOP registry is targeting more on end-users. I heard that websites using .TOP extension have to be put on record with your country government (if i remembered it right). How about websites with .top extension outside China? Do they have to be put on record with your government? I am watching the space of .top and want to learn more.

.TOP has put on record with Chinese government MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology), and other extensions should do the same in China, including .com.

Websites using Chinese DNS are required be put on record with MIIT, the purpose of which is to create a safe network environment and secure internet information. However, this is not applicable to websites outside China.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back