Dynadot

Beware!! .top registry can steal your domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpls

Top Member
Impact
This story is crazy guys! May 10, 2016 I hand reg an adult domain .top.
Me and my staff were ready to develop, I invest a lot of money in this project and I have prepared a good business plan.
In this 2 months I don't think about domain name, it was regged, it was parked (Jun 16, 2016 Bodis), everthing is ok, hard work on software design, business plans, security problems and so on.
Today I go to dynadot to buy a domain and I don't know why I searched MyDomainName.top (obviously is not this domain). Surprise... Reserved.
WTF? Reserved? This is my domain! An Issue, no doubt. Give me check the whois... Another surprise...

The queried object does not exist:
The domain you request is prohibited.

Status Codes: For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp
Preview the Full Domain Report

What? Does not exist? Domain prohibited? But... IP Location: New York - New York City - Bodis Llc??

I digit the domain name in my browser: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, dns not resolved.

I check my namecheap account, and it is in my domain list. Of course, it is my domain.
I try to switch the name servers to my development server, but I can't. Domain is blocked, I can not change any params.
Immediatly contact namecheap customer support.

They told me that should be an email from registry of .top domains, I check my mailbox and no email, I check in spam folder, no email, nothing, no messages from .top registry. No messages from namecheap.
Support told me domain was deleted by registry. And I've to contact .top registry. And they could do anything to help me.

I said this is unethical, unacceptable they permit to everyone to steal domain without any communications. And they have to protect their customers and I can not accept the answer "contact .top registry".
Where are they when .top registry steal my domain? And what happened if tomorrow I wake up and all my .top domains (developed and not) disappears? They told me contact top registry? This is crazy.

Consumers must be protected, if registrant permit to steal domains from customers accounts, and they don't do anything to help customers where is their responsibility in this?
After 2 hours in chat with support the situation is that namecheap contact .top registry ([email protected]) and they want to know the reasons for delection.
This is crazy guys, I can not accept a registrant permit to steal domains and the only work it does is send an email to register. Where is honesty, ethics?

I'm in bankrupt now.
I have lost all my money, I've payed XXXXX EUR in consulting, accounting, marketing research... And much more I'll have to pay.
And now I have nothing.
No money, no domain, no support. My project is gone.
I'm alone.

I want my domain back or money, because nobody has contact me before take my domain.
When I bought it in namecheap I have not read a disclaimer: "Attention! It's possible, one day, .top registry want your domain back. And it will do it without contact you or pay you. If you have a site developed on it and it is your business, your brand, know what? just don't give a fuck.".
Help me guys, this situation must not be repeated to anyone. Because nobody has to happen what happened to me.
Beware guys! Beware if you invest money in .top! Maybe one day you wake up and your domain names disappears. And the only thing that your registrant will do is tell you : please contact .top registry.
I'm destroyed. I've lost a lot of money.
Please help me, any legal consultant is really really appreciated.

PS: I do not write the domain name, because it is an adult domain.
But I think it's very important write it.
I don't do it because I don't want that discussion is moved in adult room only for a domain name without any sexual images, only for a domain name (sequence of chars) it's happened. Nobody follow that room.
More people as possibles should be aware of .top registry and registrants work.
Nobody has to lost money. Beware guys! Beware!
Please tell me if I can post domain name and all screenshots (no sexual material inside) to prove all situation.
And please help me.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just rechecked all my 62 .top (incl. adult) - no problems for me.

•••
the ServerHold status refers to a blocked domain by registry (top/xyz/etc.. not the registrar)
unfortunately, it is part of their terms thaat any domain you buy from a registry can at any time be blocked by them. they don't even need to give you warning. and you have to practically beg for an explanation afterward. and they don't give a crap abotu the money you once paid them to reg a domain. and they sure as heck do not do refunds.

it can be as simple as presence of your domain in the spamhaus list. not necesssrily even cause you put it there or did something wrong with it, but cause you simpyl regged a domain which already was there.

it happens regularly to domainers that their domains get blocked.

another reason why you shoul stay far away from ngtlds.. xyz.. top.. site.. and others.

one day I woke up to couple .site domains on dynadot blocked. no warning. no reason. no explanation. and I just parked them on bodis since I regged them.

Last edited:
•••
If you pay your domain yearly or what you are suppose to, there shouldn't be a reason why this shit happen. Hope you get it fix.

•••
So your domain exists in WHOIS or not? Check via http://whois.nic.top
If Yes - what Domain Status is displayed there?

•••
the ServerHold status refers to a blocked domain by registry (top/xyz/etc.. not the registrar)
unfortunately, it is part of their terms thaat any domain you buy from a registry can at any time be blocked by them. they don't even need to give you warning. and you have to practically beg for an explanation afterward. and they don't give a crap abotu the money you once paid them to reg a domain. and they sure as heck do not do refunds.

it can be as simple as presence of your domain in the spamhaus list. not necesssrily even cause you put it there or did something wrong with it, but cause you simpyl regged a domain which already was there.

it happens every day. to countless domainers. that their domains get blocked.

this is why you shoul stay far away from ngtlds.. xyz.. top.. site.. and others.

one day I woke up to couple .site domains on dynadot blocked. no warning. no reason. no explanation. and I just parked them on bodis since I regged them.
they don't even give you any reason just take your domains away from you; hmmm this is sound forceful and sure not a good business model. Karma don't have scheduled either.

•••
they don't even give you any reason just take your domains away from you; hmmm this is sound forceful and sure not a good business model. Karma don't have scheduled either.

they'll usualyl give you reason if you contact them.. but it won't be some detailed thing you can rely on. from what I heard its usuaully related ot spamhaus status. the problem with spamhaus is that it's not bulletproof (they say so in their very faq that not only they never give reason why your domain is blocked there, but they also admit sometimes it gets there by error)... and furthermore, none of this is bulletproof or makes sense for simple reason that you can register a domain today xyz or top or other which is already listed on spamhaus. so clearly, its a vicious circle. and its being mishandled.

but that's alright with mama, cause it gives domainers another reason to keep away from the new extensions. seems they like to play games with people.. and their money.

•••
@alcy I don't think domain is already in the spamhaus list, I've hand regged, no buy in aftermarrket.

@Jurgen Wolf domain is in whois, but with the status posted in first post (The queried object does not exist: The domain you request is prohibited.). No info about the owner.
And Ip location: Bodis.

@ZapNano you're right! This is a crazy shit! I've lost a lot of money, I'm in bankrupt for what?? For resgistry steal domains? Incredible...

Let me know if I can post all screenshots (no sexual material inside) to prove the situation and the domain name.
Thanks

•••
As I see - you are using the 3rd-party and cached WHOIS...
Recheck it here: http://whois.nic.top

•••
@alcy I don't think domain is already in the spamhaus list, I've hand regged, no buy in aftermarrket.

@Jurgen Wolf domain is in whois, but with the status posted in first post (The queried object does not exist: The domain you request is prohibited.). No info about the owner.
And Ip location: Bodis.

@ZapNano you're right! This is a crazy sh*t! I've lost a lot of money, I'm in bankrupt for what?? For resgistry steal domains? Incredible...

Let me know if I can post all screenshots (no sexual material inside) to prove the situation and the domain name.
Thanks

I feel your pain. this isn't some .site .top domain you regged for $1 promo. like my .site domain that got blocked. you actually put money into it after. so I hope you solve it.

however, as I said, spamhaus has nothing to do with aftermarket. there are countless xyz domains out there, or others.. already marked as spam in spamhaus which are now freely available to reg for anyone. this is a very vicious circle. that no one seems to care abotu solving. so as result, you must solve it yourself. and simply avoid those extensions. it's better for domainers to avoid them anyway.

•••
As I see - you are using the 3rd-party and cached WHOIS...
Recheck it here: http://whois.nic.top

Same result:

The queried object does not exist: The domain you request is prohibited.

>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-07-08T00:48:01Z <<<

•••
Then, as I understand, Chineses have updated their stoplist... and this adult-term is blacklisted there, nobody can reg it.

•••
I feel your pain. this isn't some .site .top domain you regged for $1 promo. like my .site domain that got blocked. you actually put money into it after. so I hope you solve it.

however, as I said, spamhaus has nothing to do with aftermarket. there are countless xyz domains out there, or others.. already marked as spam in spamhaus which are now freely available to reg for anyone. this is a very vicious circle. that no one seems to care abotu solving. so as result, you must solve it yourself. and simply avoid those extensions. it's better for domainers to avoid them anyway.

Thank you for support friend!
Domain was regged May 10, after 1 month: jun 13, I moved to bodis (so it was active), and today I discover it is delete.
I don't know when they deleted, I only know we were ready for development, but now we haven't the domain.
The most crazy thing is they deleted without inform me. And namecheap the same, they don't write to me.
I've discover this crazy situation the same day we are ready for development.
Can you imagine my investors faces tomorrow when I've to told them: "You know... Domain is disappear..."
I do not want to think about it...

•••
Last edited:
•••
Others have said to contact the .top registry directly. It might also be worth contacting some of the big domain news sites/blogs to see if they can look into what happened. ( thedomains.com domainnamewire.com domainincite.com).

Regards...jmcc

•••
It was a mistake from the beginning...
To invest in Adult under control of Chineses... they don't tolerate Adult like in the USA and some European countries...

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience as to why one should not invest in .TOP domains. Perhaps there is a very good reason why Godaddy does not permit .TOP registrations.

•••
So... take another TLD... which is safe for Adult... and go forward...

•••
•••
This story is insane! I hope you the best buddy!

•••
That story is not about the investing in .top
It is about Adult and China.

•••
It was a mistake from the beginning...
To invest in Adult under control of Chineses... they don't tolerate Adult like in the USA and some European countries...
That can be true; however if they don't like that kind of activities or that ideas of a domain and the like, then they should have block that name in the first place etc...

•••
The story is not about any extension; it is about ethical people and having reputatible business.

•••
A situation like this all lies squarely in the lap of the registrar. You should not be told or have to communicate with the registry whatsoever! This is Namecheaps gig. They are your domains' keepers. If there is any change in movement or status regarding your account, you must be informed. As such, you should also be duly compensated since a product you paid for is no longer there.

If they are saying they contacted, you are saying you never got it...I've been in situtations like that before..it's a lost cause trying to prove lost communications.

I think it's ok to post your stuff,if you're not planning on taking the situation further than forums. Edit your images beforehand and dark out a letter on the domain name everywhere it's shown.

Thats too bad man you did all that work. Since you've already got everything in place, perhaps you find a way to do a re-brand and match a new name to it.

•••
Where is kingoftop when you need him?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back