IT.COM

New .top registry spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I was surprised to see this in my inbox today. As it appears to be new .top registry spam from the guy who keeps attacking me personally on NP.

I thought I would share. Because this unsolicited .top spam from their paid shills IS A REAL PROBLEM. I never signed up for this registry sponsored spam and there is no way to unsubscribe.

--
Subject: Interested in .top domains ?

Hi ______,

I see _________ is listed by you on sedo. This is a very good domain, are you a professional domainer?

As .top has been gaining popularity from domainers and big companies. Companies like Baidu, Google and Yahoo just registered their trademark domains at .top recently. If you would like to register .top domain or want to know more, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
----------------
Vicho Lv

hUNzI9-QWfUni1PeoO0fec_JX2tAfSV3zJT-lgFGeMjKOp0Vx8NKZ3zl4oTn87NAxtPOvURIAa88C2rop77YW_X3NX15eDdlSohBFKo45q77qQbNv2YG0H6di_yBGbBbATmIi6X0mWRqgR7zMG4K0TDu7z1TZd3QMPkU5aKH=s0-d-e1-ft

Jiangsu Bangning Science and Technology Co., Ltd. Registrar ID: 1469
Tel:(+86)18761868202

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well when you have new domain extensions that are either given away Free or sold for about a buck for the first year of registration, you are bound to have bloated numbers!

Let's see how many are renewed when that first year registration is up for the .top extension!

I don't think that .top is a bad extension, especially when compared to some other new options out there. Out of all the new extensions, that was one that had some good potential but they destroyed the reputation of the extension by the practices that the registry has used, & looks like haven't stopped.

•••
cause the shit you spew is pathetic and I just wanted to voice my thoughts
on .TOP - it's a discussion thread right? So I am entitled to discuss my view.

All the hype about the .top 63 character, was all that HYPE self hype I might add
but don't worry about replying to my messages cause I really don't care ;)

•••
Ironically, even the .top spam thread is being spammed.

•••
.TOP will never be recognized for anything other than spamming from people who think that TOP will never be recognized for anything other than spamming.

For all other People .TOP will be recognized for everything else than spamming.

Best Regards,
spiritual.top

Hello NP VIPs, Members, New Members, Active Members, Business Account Members, PRO Business Account Members and all others : )

I have to say too - it turned really into a funny thread :D

Some NP members can't believe that there is someone who have nothing to do with the .top registry :D
This just looks like that they can't believe that there are people who believe in the upcoming power of the new gTLD .top which is in many ways one of the best new gTLDs.

So, AGAIN
''I guarantee you all for 100 % that I have NOTHING to do with the .top registry.
I am an complete independet human beeing from Austria which owns many (german - what a coincidence) .top names.''

Regards,
spiritual.top

Thanks for bringing so much fun to NP.:D

I think I know why!

Because there is a subconscious desire in us reaching some kind of a top - so the new gTLD .top is the simplest chance to 'reach' (register* / buy*) your 'top place' (Name*) at least in the web.
And we know, the web these days and in future is the 'parallel life' - so good names means good places.

*But there will be not much time because the run on .top is going on and the best names are going fast away, especialy in chinese / english / german.
Register / buy a .top name is one thing, set content into the name is another thing which allows more time.

if you don't want it to be classed as SPAM, then STOP spamming it!! Simple really,
just step away from the keyboard and forget all about it, one man can't sail the ship -
yet you are the only one trying to force it down people's throats...why is that?
you have a steak in their success...or failure?
Are you paid to spam, errr I mean post?

•••
.Top is ran by the Chinese. In communist China mainland. As usual, you need to be careful doing business directly with Chinese companies. You guys are taking a serious risk investing in .top.

•••
Got a .top spam today.

I advise you to stay away from .top because we are clearly dealing with an unrepentant spammer. In short: a rogue registry. There is no reason to trust or deal with people who have low ethics. They just don't know what is right or wrong.

Remember: the difference between a spammer and a scammer: one single letter.

•••
Yes I got a spam like that through Linkedin.. an other guy from data.top but I'm not sure they are the "official" guys from the .top extension.. At first they wanted to hire me as a broker and sent their list of 65,000 .top domains (lol). I thought they were crazy to invest such a budget on .top domains but I was also interested because they had domains like X.top or 8.top that might have some value somedays (might), but I've checked and these domains are not even registered yet. For a domain priced at 8K on different registrars they listed them at 12K, offering a 10% fee on successful sales... so of course I've stopped to discuss with this ".top investor".
I won't report his name though because it was on linkedin so I've accepted him before he sent me this great offer

These clowns.. Watch out for them. They found a way to spam all emails I use for WHOIS contact. Offered me awsome domains like yahoo.top and so on.

•••
I wanted to buy spam.top but it's reserved by the registry :(

•••
- psychological smart (TOP = BEST)

It's like Orwell meets The Onion meets Twilight Zone, aka Who does this!?

Frighteningly obvious.

•••
.TOP will never be recognized for anything other than spamming from people who think that TOP will never be recognized for anything other than spamming.

For all other People .TOP will be recognized for everything else than spamming.

Best Regards,
spiritual.top

•••
hahaha.. I just came here to read the comments.

•••
•••
Have some of these as well in my collection of .top spam, infact .top spam is by far the biggest scammer ever to get to my inbox

•••
They're advertisers on NamePros. Look at their banner under New Replies on the right. NP needs to remove it.

•••
•••
Got mail from them yesterday on 3 separate accounts (on of which is the company account).
These guys are serious about spamming.
Come to think I was planning to buy the company name in .top ... now I'm sure I don't even want to hear about dot-top.

•••
.top = top*
* maybe not yet but sooon

Just simple logic ; )

INFO
View .top statistics at /// namestat.org
Visit .top registry at /// nic.top
Visit .top featuring site on SEDO /// sedo.com/de/neue-gtlds/top-domain/?session=991f152cb1d7dc7082df6d2f40616238

It's a fact that this extension is growing like a star since it's birth.

FACTS
- short (3)
- psychological smart (TOP = BEST)
- concise
- noticeable
- easiest spelling
- simple pronunciation
- advertising affine
- visually appealing
- linguistically universal (globally applicable)
- non specific, for every content

Forget all .top haters and follow your instinct - .top will became TOP
Try to get the best .top names, in every language.

Regards,
spiritual.top
Ironically, even the .top spam thread is being spammed.

LOL my thoughts exactly!

•••
They're advertisers on NamePros. Look at their banner under New Replies on the right. NP needs to remove it.

ahh haa, that totally explains all the spam throughout the forum - mostly one member and his .top
sidekick - hard to deny the obvious ;)

•••
Got another spam today, it's been a while:

Subject: New gTLD Domains

Hi there,
Hope this email finds you well. I’m a domain broker, mainly selling premium .top domains, one of the most registered new gTLD in the world, without any free or fake registrations. You know it’s the top names that are remembered and mentioned everywhere, so having a .top website adds more value and public recognition to the brand. Please let me know if you have any desired domains in mind or you would like to know more.

PS: I’d like to share a website with you where you can pick a registrar to register non reserved .top domains with very low price: www.nic.top/en/whois[dot]asp (please change the [dot] to .), hope you enjoy.

Best regards,

Iris Lin
.TOP Brokering
The mail headers show that comes from China.

•••
•••
I have to say that I am kinda of interested in .top now, and HELL, I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!

I think I know why!

Because there is a subconscious desire in us reaching some kind of a top - so the new gTLD .top is the simplest chance to 'reach' (register* / buy*) your 'top place' (Name*) at least in the web.
And we know, the web these days and in future is the 'parallel life' - so good names means good places.

*But there will be not much time because the run on .top is going on and the best names are going fast away, especialy in chinese / english / german.
Register / buy a .top name is one thing, set content into the name is another thing which allows more time.

Last edited:
•••
not following anything related to .top - that you can bet on
however, I just can't seem to escape it - it's f'ing everywhere!!!!

•••
Another sloppy .top spam:
Subject: New gTLD Domains
Hi Mazur,

Hope you are well.
I’m a domain broker selling premium domains, mainly about .top domains. .TOP is one of the most registered new gTLD in the world .Top has wonderful meaning of its own and it suits all kinds of fields. It is a good choice to have your top website. Please let me know if you have interested domains that are not available as standard domains.

You can find more information about .TOP from the PDF attached. And if you would like to register standard ones, you are advised to get some from Dynadot for only $2.99 each.

Best regards,

--
Lexi

.TOP Brokering
BTW there is no pdf attached and my name is not Mazur.

•••
The .Top spam train continues. It doesn't matter how many times I've unsubscribed, asked them never to e-mail, etc. It is unsolicited spam from .Top with absolutely no way to unsubscribe.

Here's the newest one recently.

Lexi <[email protected]>

Hi,

Hope you are having a good day!

I see you are selling a few .us domains, so I'm thinking you might be a domain investor or broker. Are you interested in .top domains, currently the 4th most registered gTLD and is welcomed by manybig companies and domainers. If you would like to register standard .top domains, you can register on Dynadot for only $2.99 each. Or if you want to buy premium domains. I will be the right person.

Best regards,
--
Lexi

.TOP Brokering

来自 网易手机号码邮箱 -- 有手机就有网易手机号码邮箱,了解详情>
夏日畅销榜大牌美妆只要1元

•••
Have you ever received a spam email from.COM?

nope not trying to spam me with buying .com. Plus, .com has value whereas .top is mainly worthless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back