Domain Empire

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Email from Namesilo...

We are very excited to share with you that we have just surpassed over 1 million active domains registered with us! This milestone places us in the top 1% of nearly 3,000 ICANN-accredited registrars.

We reached the 1,000,000 domain milestone much faster than most other registrars having adding over 350,000 domains in just the last 12 months alone. You can read the full press release at https://www.namesilo.com/press_release_08_22_17.php.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping us reach this fantastic milestone in the evolution of our company, and we remain committed to constantly improving, listening and responding to feedback and retaining your trust.

Thanks,

The NameSilo Team
[email protected]

•••
Email from Namesilo...

We are very excited to share with you that we have just surpassed over 1 million active domains registered with us! This milestone places us in the top 1% of nearly 3,000 ICANN-accredited registrars.

We reached the 1,000,000 domain milestone much faster than most other registrars having adding over 350,000 domains in just the last 12 months alone. You can read the full press release at https://www.namesilo.com/press_release_08_22_17.php.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping us reach this fantastic milestone in the evolution of our company, and we remain committed to constantly improving, listening and responding to feedback and retaining your trust.

Thanks,

The NameSilo Team
[email protected]

Thanks for posting. We are extremely proud of this milestone and thanks to everyone on NP that has helped us reach it!!

•••
•••
.com reg deal? Please? :)

Thanks for posting. We are extremely proud of this milestone and thanks to everyone on NP that has helped us reach it!!

•••
Some transfer deals (.com/.net/.org) as a treat for your customers?

You might hit another milestone real fast if you could bring it on! ;)

Eitherways, we love you @namesilo

•••
Am I the only one who finds the NameSilo marketplace very hard to read?
  1. Because the font is so tiny.
  2. Because the domain names are underlined, which makes it even harder to distinguish exact characters
namesilo marketplace.png

•••
  2. Because the domain names are underlined, which makes it even harder to distinguish exact characters
Show attachment 67152
glad somebody mentioned this. @namesilo is there any way we can have less domains on a single page and more space in between the names and bigger fonts.I know it prolly wont happen overnight but can you mention this to your front end team? thank you.

•••
Personally I like the font size and how it all works. If you make any change, make sure it is optional !

•••
I mainly hate waiting the 30 days for the expired domains to be sold.

•••
•••
@namesilo - Can you please make it optional whether or not to display the minimum down payment amount on the landing page? Would be great if we could set a minimum down payment amount without having this displayed at the center of the landing page. The payment plan details text break down over three lines, with two different sized small fonts, which looks quite messy. Would be great if you could make it optional whether or not we want to display this, just like you made it optional whether or not we want to display the domain's renewal fee.

Also, if somebody doesn't make an installment payment for a domain, how many chances are they given, if any, to make the payment? Say if a buyer is supposed to pay me $300 on August 25, what happens if he doesn't pay before the payment due? What options does a buyer have at that point? When is the name returned to my account if a buyet fails to meet the payment due deadline? In the example above, would the domain be returned to my account on August 26?

•••
glad somebody mentioned this. @namesilo is there any way we can have less domains on a single page and more space in between the names and bigger fonts.I know it prolly wont happen overnight but can you mention this to your front end team? thank you.

The font is tiny but a simple "Ctrl + +" or "CMD + +" will increase the font for you. Easy-peasy.

•••
Show attachment 67152

Thanks for the note. We have the font size pretty small since there is a lot of information shown on that page and we believe it's more important to show the full domain name (besides for very long ones) than increasing the size. However, we also agree that the underlining made things hard to read so we removed the underline and also changed the font color to help ensure people know they can click on the name. Thanks a gain for the feedback.

•••
@namesilo - Can you please make it optional whether or not to display the minimum down payment amount on the landing page? Would be great if we could set a minimum down payment amount without having this displayed at the center of the landing page. The payment plan details text break down over three lines, with two different sized small fonts, which looks quite messy. Would be great if you could make it optional whether or not we want to display this, just like you made it optional whether or not we want to display the domain's renewal fee.

Also, if somebody doesn't make an installment payment for a domain, how many chances are they given, if any, to make the payment? Say if a buyer is supposed to pay me $300 on August 25, what happens if he doesn't pay before the payment due? What options does a buyer have at that point? When is the name returned to my account if a buyet fails to meet the payment due deadline? In the example above, would the domain be returned to my account on August 26?

Thanks as always for the feedback @Arca. We will look into making the payment plan text optional. Should be doable. Regarding what happens if a payment is missed for a payment plan, please see the "Payment Plan Buyer Terms" section of our Marketplace Terms located here: https://www.namesilo.com/popups/marketplace_terms.php. Thanks

•••
We will look into adding an option upon renewal to re-list with prior settings since I can see where this would save a step for renewal of expired domains.

This would really help. It seems the listing automatically ends several days before the expiry date, looks like 5 days before.

What the Auto Extend Date does is not clear because it asks you to input a number of days, not a Yes/No value - this is what it says:
Auto-Extend End Date
You can configure our system to automatically extend your sale if no bids or offers were submitted prior to the End Date. To use auto-extension, please enter the number of days you would like to extend your sale by below. Upon the end of the sale, if there are no bids or offers, our system will extend the sale by the earlier of the maximum number of days allowed by our terms and the number of days you list below

So to extend by a year would you put in 365? Will that automatically be triggered again the following year and the year after that and so on?

•••
This would really help. It seems the listing automatically ends several days before the expiry date, looks like 5 days before.

What the Auto Extend Date does is not clear because it asks you to input a number of days, not a Yes/No value - this is what it says:

So to extend by a year would you put in 365? Will that automatically be triggered again the following year and the year after that and so on?

Hi @carob . Yes, sales in our system cannot have an end date beyond 5 days form the expiration date. This helps ensure that payments have time to be made if not made upfront for things like won auctions and accepted counter-offers.

The auto-extension of the end date works by automatically extending sales with no bids/offers by the number of days that are entered. The only caveat is that the number of days cannot extend the sale beyond the latest possible date (5 days from expiration as noted above). So, to answer your question, yes, if you wanted to extend a sale by 1 year, you would enter "365". Our system would then extend the sale by 1 year, unless doing so would result in the end date being greater than 5 days from expiration of the domain. If that was the case, the system would only extend until 5 days before the domain's expiration.

•••
Hi Everyone. I wanted to let you know that we have just added a new system for creating "Sales Templates" that can be applied when creating new sales. You can create as many sales templates as you like. Then, when setting up new sale(s), you can select to apply a template which will auto-fill all of the fields. This should help save time when creating new domain sales. Hope you like it!

•••
@namesilo - Here's a suggestion for the "seller resources" tab/page that you can consider implementing in the future. The marketplace “home” page (“NameSilo Marketplace Manager”) contains some basic financial details about ALL of our domains, both those registered at NameSilo, and also those registered at other registrars, and about names sold via the NameSilo Marketplace, as well as names sold on other platforms. I would like to suggest you to create an additional and more detailed sales data section on the “seller resources” page that exclusively includes NameSilo Marketplace sales activity.

It would be very useful if we could have a way to conveniently see how our NS Marketplace listed portfolio is performing on the "seller resources" page. Here are some of the details I’d be interested in seeing (other users can probably chime in if I missed some important points):

Domains sold gross (year to date): $X,XXX
Domains sold net (year to date): $X,XXX
Number of domains sold (year to date): XX
Sell-through rate (past 12 months): X.XX%
Average sales price (past 12 months): $X,XXX
Number of active listings: XXXX
Number of offers (year to date): XX

•••
Hi Everyone. I wanted to let you know that we have just added a new system for creating "Sales Templates" that can be applied when creating new sales. You can create as many sales templates as you like. Then, when setting up new sale(s), you can select to apply a template which will auto-fill all of the fields. This should help save time when creating new domain sales. Hope you like it!
Great feature! Been trying it out for a bit and it's definitely going to save a lot of time when creating listings.

What would complete this feature is if you could include landing page configuration as part of the sales template setup too. Although the sales templates save time when creating a listing, I still have to navigate to those listings later to configure the landing page settings. Would it be possible for you to integrate landing page configurations as part of the sales templates?

•••
I wanted to let you know that we have just added a new system for creating "Sales Templates" that can be applied when creating new sales.
I'd like the sales template to allow me to pre-select Template2 with specific parameters set up. The most ideal case is to only have to specify a portfolio name which will automatically set up sales details for a new domain name.

•••
Hi @carob . Yes, sales in our system cannot have an end date beyond 5 days form the expiration date. This helps ensure that payments have time to be made if not made upfront for things like won auctions and accepted counter-offers.

The auto-extension of the end date works by automatically extending sales with no bids/offers by the number of days that are entered. The only caveat is that the number of days cannot extend the sale beyond the latest possible date (5 days from expiration as noted above)

So does this mean that when you renew a domain less than five days before the expiry date the listing is deleted?

As said, once a listing is deleted it is gone and you have to re-create it manually if you remember to do it, and at best the only record you have is an email from Namesilo telling you the listing has ended. Storing old listings would allow you to re-activate them with a click, and there might even be cases where you want to hide or deactivate a listing temporarily.

•••
Hi Everyone. We should have some good updates in place early next week to help streamline configuring landing pages while setting up sales. This change will also extend to the new templates system. We will post back here when done. Just didn't want you to think we had not seen your questions/requests :)

•••
Hey Everyone... wanted to let you all know that we have just released the upgrade mentioned above. In short, we have now streamlined the setup/configuration of landing pages when setting up new sales. You will now see the customization options available when creating new sales so you no longer need to perform the extra configuration of landing pages when creating new sales. This functionality also extends to the new sales template system. In effect, you can now set your sales templates to also control landing page customizations so settings up new sales using primarily the same information should only take a few seconds :)

Hope you enjoy!

•••
Hey Everyone... wanted to let you all know that we have just released the upgrade mentioned above. In short, we have now streamlined the setup/configuration of landing pages when setting up new sales. You will now see the customization options available when creating new sales so you no longer need to perform the extra configuration of landing pages when creating new sales. This functionality also extends to the new sales template system. In effect, you can now set your sales templates to also control landing page customizations so settings up new sales using primarily the same information should only take a few seconds :)

Hope you enjoy!
This is going to save me a huge amount of time. Thanks for implementing yet another great update/feature!

•••
Not too long ago I got an offer on a domain. I made a counter offer. My counter offer deadline expired without the offer being accepted/countered so I thought the prospective buyer had simply moved on to another name. Then today I suddenly got a new and higher offer on the domain from the same buyer, where he said that he wanted to respond to the offer, but was unable to find the negotiation page.

Maybe you can make it easier for non-domainers, who are not familiar with the namesilo interface, to find domains they have made offers on. Perhaps a direct link to the negotiation page for the specific name in the email? And specifically for newly opened namesilo.com accounts with zero names, that have clearly been opened just for the purpose of making an offer on a particular name, you could put a direct link to the negotiation page on the "Account Overview" home page as well. This would only be useful for newly opened accounts with zero names that were opened just to make an offer on a name, and not for established accounts with domains in them, as the latter group of users would be able to find names they have made offers on via the marketplace manager path, and such info would be redundant and clutter up the account overview of such users.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back