Dynadot

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there not a concern that if some sellers start disallowing certain payment options on their NameSilo landing pages, that buyers will think that it's a NameSilo policy and thus put them off looking to buy domains from other NameSilo sellers in the future?
Completely agree. More payment options = better endusers experience in a long run, and also in a short run. Yes different payment options may have different processing costs, even different credit cards (amex vs visa classic vs visa black for example) may have different costs for namesilo. Namesilo does their job correctly by offering a single and simple price list, and so should we the sellers. There is nothing that prevents the seller from pricing all domains that are below <5K assuming that the buyer will select credit card (and that the seller will be charged accordingly), and if the buyer elected to pay by bankwire - fine, seller got a bonus

•••
It might be good to put a namesilo.com logo in the footer or somewhere else on the page.
I am now working on own-hosted landing pages both for my namesilo fixed priced listings and for godaddy premium listings. In GD case, there are TONS of banners and logos of all colours and sizes all over the Net (I do not even need to join the affiliate program to grab one, nor I feel this to be correct even if they pay affiliate commision for aftermarket sales which is unlikely). In NameSilo case, there are just a few and none fits aftermarket premium listing landing page. Actually all I was able to find is either based on blue NameSilo logo OR promotes some cheap new regs or transfers or renewals.
I am NOT looking for, and have no intention to, present my landing pages as being run by , or somehow being associated with GD or NameSilo in any aspect. To the contrary, I am also working on my own branding, and any and all graphical elements representing somebody else would be just this - common sized banners/buttons with no affiliate codes, and this graphics would not be prevailing part of a page.
Can NameSilo add some graphichs for such a purpose? Will also serve for an affiliate program if it exists. Moreover, for the sake of clarity, a task for designers might be - "banners and buttons of at least most common sizes, with and without texts referring to cheap pricing etc, for an affiliate program".

Last edited:
•••
Completely agree. More payment options = better endusers experience in a long run, and also in a short run. Yes different payment options may have different processing costs, even different credit cards (amex vs visa classic vs visa black for example) may have different costs for namesilo. Namesilo does their job correctly by offering a single and simple price list, and so should we the sellers. There is nothing that prevents the seller from pricing all domains that are below <5K assuming that the buyer will select credit card (and that the seller will be charged accordingly), and if the buyer elected to pay by bankwire - fine, seller got a bonus

The seller can increase the price to cover the commission that is one way of dealing with the situation. I am not sure I would transfer a domain to NameSilo and increase the price when I can just add a escrow.com link to the landing page in a minute and then just push or transfer the domain to the buyer's preferred registrar. You see, when we sell a domain through NameSilo marketplace the buyer doesn't get an option to transfer the domain to his preferred registrar. Probably not a big deal for most buyers as they can transfer out after 2 months (I think).

But I never said that the seller or NameSilo should restrict the buyer from using a particular payment method. NameSilo should stick with the single and simple price list, but if the seller wants the buyer to pay the fees, then it should be made clear on the listing page. If the seller, like most of you, chooses to pay the fees, then your buyer would have the same experience he/she already has when buying from you.

What I want is just an additional option we get at escrow.com.

•••
Hi Everyone. Thanks for all of the responses regarding payment methods and options for passing the processing costs to the Buyer. Our approach is to give our Sellers as many configuration options as possible without compromising the ease-of-processing for Buyers. You all bring up many good points, and we are continuing to evaluate the possibility of allowing this option and exactly what it would entail on our end to implement and the foreseen impact to Buyers. We should have an update on this before long.

@Haris , correct, people can transfer domains out to a different registrar after 60 days. We do get contacted from Buyers occasionally with pre-sales questions for Marketplace domains such as if/when domains can transfer out, what options are available while the domain is with us, etc. We are very good about responding quickly and letting Buyers know what the options are and that they will get complete control over the domain (DNS, email, etc.) immediately. I cannot remember a time when a Buyer has chosen not to move forward with a purchase due to the inability to transfer out to their registrar immediately, but that is not to say it has never happened. Most Buyers are satisfied (and even pleasantly surprised) that they will get the domain immediately and have no problem waiting 60 days to transfer out if that is their preference. We feel this is one of the main advantages we have over Escrow.com and other services that process payments only - with us, Buyers pay and get the domain immediately leaving less chance of payment issues, Buyers changing their mind, problems with gaining/losing registrar for transfer, etc. Still, we are always interested in ways to improve and will certainly consider your feedback accordingly.

@tonyk2000 , We do make several banners available for download within our Affiliate Program. You can find them within your account at https://www.namesilo.com/account_affiliate_marketing_materials.php. You do not need to use the source code provided which contains links to the affiliate program to use the graphic files. Unfortunately, those banners are currently our only options that we make available. The banners we do make available come in several different sizes of the most common ad sizes used. A few of the options are animated gifs which I think show just our company name/logo without any marketing verbiage so you could take just the first frame for your purposes.

•••
•••
I cannot remember a time when a Buyer has chosen not to move forward with a purchase due to the inability to transfer out to their registrar immediately, but that is not to say it has never happened.
In such cases, NameSilo-related or not, I usually quote to the buyers the most recent version of ICANN transfer policy referring to 60 days lock after registrant change. I'm also thinking (did not yet do this) to ask US-based buyers to contact their congressmen or any other representative if they do not like this policy, which nobody likes. So far, this worked.

•••
As a side note, NameSilo appears to be able to process legitimate credit card and other online payments with no issues, in current enviroment. Proof: I had a namesilo-regged domain listed at another popular marketplace (the name of another marketplace is irrelevant for the purposes of this post in Namesilo-related thread). Buyer tried to pay. Their payment was rejected. Buyer tried to pay once again. Payment rejected again. Buyer was told to send a wire transfer. Which they did not like to do as this would have increased total cost of a routine 3-figures purchase (international wires are expensive). The transaction was finally canceled. With NameSilo, their online payment was approved immediately and they got the domain immediately. There is no evidence of any fraud (NameSilo never told me so), and, moreover, last time I checked, the domain was still with NameSilo under buyers whois AND WITH THE BUYER SHOWN AS NAMESILO RESELLER. So, NameSilo also got a new reseller as the result of doing things correctly.

Why I'm writing this? Because sometimes the following - If it's not broke, don't fix it - makes perfect sense. In particular, with current $$$ processing.

Still, we are always interested in ways to improve

Last edited:
•••
Hi Everyone. A few updates we wanted to share...

First, we just released another new landing page template! This new template is a responsive design that is our first template to include an optional background image.You can see the new template on the bottom of this page: https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace . The template allows a choice of 6 different background images (or none at all) and is entirely backward-compatible with our other templates so feel free to change any existing sales to using the new template if you want to try it out.

Also, we are very pleased to report that the new template we announced 2 weeks ago has been quite successful. That template is our only one (currently) that has an on-page contact form. There have been over 50 forms filled out to-date (not including tests) and there have been 5 sales already!

Hope you enjoy and more to come!

Attachments

• landing_page_template_4.jpg
    landing_page_template_4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 99
•••
Hi Everyone. A few updates we wanted to share...

First, we just released another new landing page template! This new template is a responsive design that is our first template to include an optional background image.You can see the new template on the bottom of this page: https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace . The template allows a choice of 6 different background images (or none at all) and is entirely backward-compatible with our other templates so feel free to change any existing sales to using the new template if you want to try it out.

Also, we are very pleased to report that the new template we announced 2 weeks ago has been quite successful. That template is our only one (currently) that has an on-page contact form. There have been over 50 forms filled out to-date (not including tests) and there have been 5 sales already!

Hope you enjoy and more to come!

best landing page yet!!

•••
•••
Just transferred some names over, how to I change the first letter to capital letter for each word in name?

•••
•••
I wasnt clicking the orange symbol, clicking one next to it. Thanks!

•••
I don't like that it shows the old names i had listed or in link manager before. Some say dropped, some say active with expiry from when i dropped it, little confusing.Guess it says active because someone else reg it. Should remove the ones we delete, or option too, but I keep transferring more names to you :xf.grin:

One thing I really like is a buyer can pay me in any form and i can and almost will make them do a push.
This would eliminate any chance of a charge back being successful as namesilo could confirm the transfer
Is that correct?
Other than that love the entire system and response time is pretty awesome too

•••
I don't like that it shows the old names i had listed or in link manager before. Some say dropped, some say active with expiry from when i dropped it, little confusing.Guess it says active because someone else reg it. Should remove the ones we delete, or option too, but I keep transferring more names to you :xf.grin:

One thing I really like is a buyer can pay me in any form and i can and almost will make them do a push.
This would eliminate any chance of a charge back being successful as namesilo could confirm the transfer
Is that correct?
Other than that love the entire system and response time is pretty awesome too

Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

The Financial/Marketing section is intended to keep an entire history of domains you have in your entire portfolio (whether they be registered with us or elsewhere) for purposes of lifetime financial tracking. Therefore, any domains you have ever had in our system (or with other registrars added via DomainLink) will appear in that section. You can filter that page by status such as "Active" to see only your active domains.

You are correct - and sales in our system result in the Buyer getting the domain immediately upon issuing of payment. We feel this is a major advantage we offer compared to other services that introduce an escrow or other waiting period before the Buyer gets the domain. Those delays could result in anything from charge backs to Buyers having remorse and deciding not to complete the purchase.

Thanks again!

•••
Hey Everyone. Wanted to let you know that we have just updated all of the screens used when picking/configuring landing page templates. The new system has a preview and more intuitive configuration options. We hope this makes selection/configuration a more seemless process.

We are getting things in place to add multiple more templates in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

•••
... and we just added another new template! This is another responsive design with options to select highlight color, background image and an optional contact form. As with all the others, this is entirely backward-compatible so give it a try when you have time if you like it :)

Should have a number more in the upcoming weeks

Attachments

• landing_page_template_9.jpg
    landing_page_template_9.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 91
•••
We just added 2 more updates related to the landing page options:
  • You can now upload your own images to use for the background of landing pages that support background images. You can store an unlimited number of images in your library and select to use them on a per-sale basis, or applied in bulk.

• We are now including some geo location data in emails you receive when people fill out the contact form on applicable landing pages. This data includes the country, state/province and city of the person who submitted the form based on their IP address.
We are very excited about all of the new landing page choices, configuration options and functionality that we've added in the last few weeks. Our goal is to help you sell your domains by giving you the most options possible for the display and content of your landing pages and sales configurations. We are always interested in hearing your ideas for ways we can improve so don't be shy with requests/suggestions :)

We can't promise that we will be able to do everything, but the more we know about what you'd like to see, the better we can continue improving.

•••
•••
Quick question @namesilo ...when you use your own images is the template responsive?

I have added images to a few landing pages and while they are great on desktop, they look funny on mobile (can't even see the image, just some dots and lines).

•••
Quick question @namesilo ...when you use your own images is the template responsive?

I have added images to a few landing pages and while they are great on desktop, they look funny on mobile (can't even see the image, just some dots and lines).

Hello. Yes, it should work the same as the default images that we provide. Can you please list a few of the domains? If you do not want to list publicly, feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] and we can take a look. Thanks

•••
We just added 2 more updates related to the landing page options:
  • You can now upload your own images to use for the background of landing pages that support background images. You can store an unlimited number of images in your library and select to use them on a per-sale basis, or applied in bulk.

• We are now including some geo location data in emails you receive when people fill out the contact form on applicable landing pages. This data includes the country, state/province and city of the person who submitted the form based on their IP address.
We are very excited about all of the new landing page choices, configuration options and functionality that we've added in the last few weeks. Our goal is to help you sell your domains by giving you the most options possible for the display and content of your landing pages and sales configurations. We are always interested in hearing your ideas for ways we can improve so don't be shy with requests/suggestions :)

We can't promise that we will be able to do everything, but the more we know about what you'd like to see, the better we can continue improving.
Any updates regarding implementation of minimum bid amount in the landing page contact forms?

•••
Regarding additional landing page designs, maybe you could introduce one with a payment plan button and include some data to promote this option. Maybe something along the lines of buy now for $2000 OR get this domain today for just $153.8, followed by 12 monthly payments of $153.8.

Would also be great if you could introduce another landing page template that is integrated directly with the namesilo.com site (like template #1).

•••
Can we rent out a domain name at NameSilo marketplace? No fix period, buyer will continue to pay every month as long as he wants to use the domain? Would be a great feature.

•••
Any updates regarding implementation of minimum bid amount in the landing page contact forms?

Yes, we will be adding some form validation rules to landing pages with the optional contact forms.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back