IT.COM

domains Will the gTLD originally launched by Amazon be the next ".AI" competitor?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zotix

Upgraded Member
Impact
Dear NamePros,

Discussion Topic mentioned in the Title of this Thread, I want to Quote something from the AWS-Blog:
Today, I’m excited to announce the launch of .BOT, a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) from Amazon. Customers can use .BOT domains to provide an identity and portal for their bots. Fitness bots, slack bots, e-commerce bots, and more can all benefit from an easy-to-access .BOT domain. The phrase “bot” was the 4th most registered domain keyword within the .COM TLD in 2016 with more than 6000 domains per month. A .BOT domain allows customers to provide a definitive internet identity for their bots as well as enhancing SEO performance.
Hunt, R. (2018, April 24). New .BOT gTLD from Amazon. Retrieved from https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-bot-gtld-from-amazon/

Recently, i heard more and more about this gTLD, also for Example in this Article

Amazon makes .bot domain names easier to register

As of today, March 05, 2024, there is just one sale record in Namebio's sales history.

1709660021387.png

According to nTLDStats, there are 10,309 (0.03%) registered Bot Domains, with NameCheap of a share of around 50%
1709660519032.png

So, it is pretty early to give a proper prediction about this TLD.
Recently, I saw someone asking for a Domain Appraisal—it was a 2L Domain—and then I started to think more about potential Use Cases for this gTLD.

Of course, all the 1L are already taken, so I thought about it and tried to look up, for example:
By the way, I saw that a Domain like "VM.BOT" is still available. It is, but I don't want to buy it.
Spaceship is selling it for approx 517$

So, my Question is: Will the gTLD originally launched by Amazon be the next "AI" competitor?

Let me know what you think about it - especially what kind of use cases you could Imagine for this gTLD.

And of course if you bought VM.BOT :xf.grin:

Best regards,
zotix

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn´t comparte them tbh.
Bots are rule-based and linear following a predetermined conversational flow, conversational AI is the opposite.

But I think there are some quite good usecases for .bot like :

Chat.bot
Trading.bot
FrontRun.bot
etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back