Domain Empire

registrars New display on GoDaddy when searching for names that are in Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

campout

Top Member
Impact
It looks like GoDaddy has rolled out a new display when you search for names in their search bar. I think it only applies to names that are in Afternic, and maybe GD Premium.

gd.png

I think I like it. They're trying to sell the name by quoting their own estimated value and making some automated points about the name on the right.

They should be able to tell real quick if it's helping or hurting sales rate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for that.

However, we still have the problem of expired listing being included in fast transfer. I don't have the time to check all listing venues for all the names I acquire. Having to add a "No Afternic" button to every site doesn't seem to be good for either of us.

•••
Thanks for that.

However, we still have the problem of expired listing being included in fast transfer. I don't have the time to check all listing venues for all the names I acquire. Having to add a "No Afternic" button to every site doesn't seem to be good for either of us.
No it is not, but honestly when I saw it, it gave me a laugh. So thank you for that :) We'll keep trying to improve and I appreciate the feedback. If you see another listing request come through for you let me know and I will look into it.

•••
It is only being tested and these are good points. I will tell the team who works on this. On the backend of the appraisal tool we look at wholesale and retail pricing and retail values should be what is returned. This sounds like a glitch. I do think the keyword "M" is very good though but since there is not one in my name I prefer the keyword "J" ;) Thanks again. I will have someone look at it. It would help if you can give me the 4L you looked up so I can take a screenshot to show them.

•••
It is only being tested

GD skipped following some of the basic appraisal ratio rules: A/A, A/B, A/C, B/A, B/B, B/C, C/C ...

1. Verification
2. Validation
3. Testing
4. Prevention of unsystematic risk
5. Geo effect (Local, Broad, Specific ...)
etc

now is more like pawnshop owner without calling an external expert for appraisal and verification.
Good luck
imo

Last edited:
•••
I read it before posting. Still, GD did not follow the basic or feed-forward (e.g. ignoring "seller's" BIN price A/C / 2. Validation). More like reasoning based appraisal on the roll-back data instead of feed-forward verification. My suggestion is to stop "live" tests and do the thing behind the doors. Further tests can and it will hurt the GD & Seller's business. The confusion is the biggest enemy in every and each sale process.

•••
I am not seeing the appraising feature but i find it a bad idea. another appraisal tool that will mess with buyer's (and seller's) heads...

actually the all system was badly set-up. if you didn't list a BIN for your domain GoDaddy would show it like the domain was on auction with a deadline and a minimum bid. I had several times to explain to buyers that thought that the domains had a bid of just 250/300 USD or were selling for that kind of amount. and they were 5 and 6 figure domains names.

at least this new way has made a more clear identification on how and why the domains is being offered for sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back