Never trust NameJet.com until…

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

I have been using NameJet for years and never had any issue until the end of last month when I received an email from them stating that:

“We regret to inform you that a domain you recently purchased through a pre-release auction has been cancelled, as allowed by the NameJet Agreement. Unfortunately this domain was listed in error and was not available for sale.All efforts will be made to assure this does not occur again.

As a result, we will be refunding your auction fee within the next few days.”

To make things clear, I won a domain LLL.org through NameJet on Sep 17, 2016 and the above email I received was on Oct 29th, 2016; right after 41 days of winning the domain through an auction.

My card was charged on the same day of winning the auction. However, I responded them with the following message:

“What the hell is this? It’s been more than 1 month since I won the domain and now you are taking it back?? Kindly give the domain back to me or I will make you guys popular in every domain forum and my blog AbdulBasit.com which is widely read among domainers community.”

Their technical support member responded back:

“This domain was listed in error by the seller likely due to a typo in his submission and as such, there is no domain to deliver. You were never delivered the domain in this case due to the error in listing and as such, there is nothing that we can return.

We do apologize for the inconvenience as this is a rare occasion.”

After which I contacted them again and asked to either ban the seller or verify the domain ownerships and listings before making it live for auction for which I didn’t hear anything.

Also I was not delivered the domain during the entire 41 days and I forgot to ask them as well because I buy domains from many different places and sometimes I forget to check and transfer out domains. As many readers of my blog already know that I keep all my domains with Uniregistry and try my best to move all domains which I win at different marketplaces as soon as possible to Uniregistry in order to keep it at one place and that’s easy way to organize and manage my domains.

At first, this ridiculous mistake should not have happened from NameJet.

Secondly, if it happened, why they took 41 days to inform and even more time to refund my money? Hijacking my $1,000 for that many days is not the way of doing business. This amount might not be big for someone but it’s not about the actual figure whether it be $1 or $100,000. How can you hold my funds for over 40 days and come back with lame excuse?

I’m sharing my recent experience with you all to beware using NameJet and don’t think the domain is yours until the name is transferred to your account.

Feel free to give your feedback and share your experiences if you had any like that in past.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol found my login to NJ, and guess what: "Your account has been disabled. Please Contact NameJet.
Guess they have disabled it bc i wasn't active. Anyways - they are scum and that's it.

That's pretty long time and first you'll need to get your account enabled before we contact them for the refund...

•••
You have some problem and cannot see anyone doing anything for betterment. My main purpose of publishing the post was to create awareness and regular buyers using NJ beware of it.

It shows how jealous you are by saying "random blogger". I have seen your attitude in past as well and it shows here again. Do some survey at NamePros and see the results!

Don't be jealous of someone's success and admit it!

Literally have never heard of you until you came here to NPs.

Thanks for the warning.

*two thumbs up*

•••
“We regret to inform you that a domain you recently purchased through a pre-release auction has been cancelled, as allowed by the NameJet Agreement. Unfortunately this domain was listed in error and was not available for sale.All efforts will be made to assure this does not occur again.

Pre-release auctions have a 42 day lock during which time the original registrant can recover the name. The "listed in error" doesn't make sense unless they mean the registrant didn't mean to let it expire.

•••
Pre-release auctions have a 42 day lock during which time the original registrant can recover the name. The "listed in error" doesn't make sense unless they mean the registrant didn't mean to let it expire.

And this domain was not an expiring but a domain which is renewed till 2018 or 2019 since the auction got started.

•••
To be able to sell domains on namjet I did submit a list of my "liquid" domains. They contacted me back and asked me to sign a contract.
I did that last year BUT no news. Does Namejet hate my face:arghh::meh:?

•••
Yes, I think namejet hates your face. Namejet i am really tired of them. Two struggling to get my account back.

•••
Yes, I think namejet hates your face. Namejet i am really tired of them. Two struggling to get my account back.

don't know if you realised but you replied on a two year old thread :)

•••
Good God guys this threat is over 2 years old, if I can say one thing for certain it's that @AbdulBasit.com has moved on from this.

All big services need to cover their assets when they make a mistake and the little guys have little to no recourse because we agree to their T.O.S.

That's the way it is and always will be.

•••
don't know if you realised but you replied on a two year old thread :)
Yes, I just hate namejet and i found some people who feel what I feel.

•••
I won one domain at an auction here. After purchasing a domain, they transfer it to the Registrar networksolutions.com. I should have received an email with credentials from the Registrar panel with this domain, but nothing came. Namejet support service writes that networksolutions has the domain, ask them (ticket 21067779). Networksolutions write that they initiated a password reset from the account and I should receive an email with a link to reset the password (ticket 21099201). But I don't get anything, my email is 100% working! It's like banging your head against the wall, in General, I actually stole$70. I do not recommend contacting these services.

•••
I won one domain at an auction here. After purchasing a domain, they transfer it to the Registrar networksolutions.com. I should have received an email with credentials from the Registrar panel with this domain, but nothing came. Namejet support service writes that networksolutions has the domain, ask them (ticket 21067779). Networksolutions write that they initiated a password reset from the account and I should receive an email with a link to reset the password (ticket 21099201). But I don't get anything, my email is 100% working! It's like banging your head against the wall, in General, I actually stole$70. I do not recommend contacting these services.

Thanks for sharing your experience and that's unfortunate to hear it repeatedly similar stories. NameJet is going down the hill and there seems to be literally no customer support.

The way I sorted my problem was to keep knocking their door again and again until they gave me the refund back.

•••
Namejet is also still a shill bidding central to this date , you have to question when a known NP member sells many on there, then has a large % always relisted by themselves. I wont name names as no way to prove,

but be cautious of getting auction fever there, pick your budget and stick to it.

Sorry if this was unrelated, I felt it was. Moral is , dont invest too much you might part with for a unfair reason.

also with recent " stolen " GD domain issues, back check and research from any recent whois changes.

Last edited:
•••
Namejet is also still a shill bidding central to this date , you have to question when a known NP member sells many on there, then has a large % always relisted by themselves. I wont name names as no way to prove,

but be cautious of getting auction fever there, pick your budget and stick to it.

Sorry if this was unrelated, I felt it was. Moral is , dont invest too much you might part with for a unfair reason.

also with recent " stolen " GD domain issues, back check and research from any recent whois changes.

Thanks for sharing. This definitely is relevant and good that you shared openly so others can be cautious using that platform.

It's little unfortunate for me that some of my money is left at NameJet when they refunded back so I've no choice but to buy a domain via NameJet to utilize my money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back