Never trust NameJet.com until…

NameSilo
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

I have been using NameJet for years and never had any issue until the end of last month when I received an email from them stating that:

“We regret to inform you that a domain you recently purchased through a pre-release auction has been cancelled, as allowed by the NameJet Agreement. Unfortunately this domain was listed in error and was not available for sale.All efforts will be made to assure this does not occur again.

As a result, we will be refunding your auction fee within the next few days.”

To make things clear, I won a domain LLL.org through NameJet on Sep 17, 2016 and the above email I received was on Oct 29th, 2016; right after 41 days of winning the domain through an auction.

My card was charged on the same day of winning the auction. However, I responded them with the following message:

“What the hell is this? It’s been more than 1 month since I won the domain and now you are taking it back?? Kindly give the domain back to me or I will make you guys popular in every domain forum and my blog AbdulBasit.com which is widely read among domainers community.”

Their technical support member responded back:

“This domain was listed in error by the seller likely due to a typo in his submission and as such, there is no domain to deliver. You were never delivered the domain in this case due to the error in listing and as such, there is nothing that we can return.

We do apologize for the inconvenience as this is a rare occasion.”

After which I contacted them again and asked to either ban the seller or verify the domain ownerships and listings before making it live for auction for which I didn’t hear anything.

Also I was not delivered the domain during the entire 41 days and I forgot to ask them as well because I buy domains from many different places and sometimes I forget to check and transfer out domains. As many readers of my blog already know that I keep all my domains with Uniregistry and try my best to move all domains which I win at different marketplaces as soon as possible to Uniregistry in order to keep it at one place and that’s easy way to organize and manage my domains.

At first, this ridiculous mistake should not have happened from NameJet.

Secondly, if it happened, why they took 41 days to inform and even more time to refund my money? Hijacking my $1,000 for that many days is not the way of doing business. This amount might not be big for someone but it’s not about the actual figure whether it be $1 or $100,000. How can you hold my funds for over 40 days and come back with lame excuse?

I’m sharing my recent experience with you all to beware using NameJet and don’t think the domain is yours until the name is transferred to your account.

Feel free to give your feedback and share your experiences if you had any like that in past.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honest mistake or not this shouldn't have happened, expecially with NJ. Domain ownership verification is an old procedure and in the org TLD should not be a problem to manage.
I also agree with the delay in keeping the funds. They should have reacted way faster.
Most of us choose a more expensive service just because to avoid problems, this is the case and they failed.

Last edited:
•••
I haven't read this entire thread, just the first couple of posts.

It does seem like a honest mistake but I do see your point and understand your frustration.

NameJet should introduce some sort of domain verification check on submission.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

•••
I never bought anything on NameJet. I sold many names there and they paid me on time. But this is beyond acceptable for one reason only:

The number of days it took them.

41 days is a very long time. What is surprising to me is how they didnt find out this problem? As someone who sold many names there, I always received payment on the 15th of the month , not even one extra day.

So for them to realize after 41 days is alarming.

•••
I would want interest on holding my 1000 but that's just me. Like others said, inconvenience not hurt or crime. Glad you got your money back for another domain. :)

•••
I'm sure you would have been feeling the heat suppose if your $10,000 were put on hold for 41 days... Surely the same reaction wouldn't be there from you!

Sh*t yeah I would be pissed if they kept my 10k for over a month.

That is wrong, plus they were probably collecting interest on your money.

•••
A mistake is understandable, it happens.

What is wrong is holding onto his $ for so long.

That is wrong, wrong, wrong!!

•••
A mistake is understandable, it happens.

What is wrong is holding onto his $ for so long.

That is wrong, wrong, wrong!!

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate that :)

•••
So sad to hear this...
Btw to my eyes, resolve the mistake just after 41 days it is unaccettable.
If the name already had been in your account I would not accept to give it back after so long period.

I also think that if you was seeing that the name was already delivered after 1 week, i think they would have refund you faster.

Every day i find so many glitch or issues with the software or services that I use..
every day i've to spend time talking with some support...too many people work with really low quality...

I'm close to you Abdul

•••
You are a reputable person in domaining and so Namejet. sh*t happens. Just forget it and move forward.

thats always a good advice

•••
I would suggest doing an up todate whoisdomain check before ever placing a bid and see if it matches to who you think you are buying it from. Could save some grief. Sucks that they held the money for so long.

•••
What Abdul think and want to bring to others is:

a) they said it is rare occasion

AND

b) they could react better - offer some compensation in any way - I am convinced, even if it would be small Abdul would be thankful, because he would know he is not just "a number", but valued customer :)

Great companies you recognise how they deal with such (rare!) cases - on LinkedIn is a lot of stuff about that, but obviously they never visit and read about that. Just one smart small step would definitely change course and we would not be reading this...

I fully support Abdul post!

•••
@F00lu - spot on! I gotta do this myself, lol

•••
I don't know a lot about NameJet and haven't used them much at all but your timing of this thread is perfect for me since I have been starting to use them recently. I won an auction from NameJet 2-1/2 weeks ago. I just got the same damn email from them. They took my payment immediately as well and just refunded me. First off, The 2-1/2 week of holding my money which they shouldn't have had at all kind of bothers me. I know it is not half as bad as yours (holding your money for over a month) Still bothers me a bit though. The worst thing about this to me, is the time I put into their whole auction process for the name and then them telling me I cant have the name because It was a pre-release auction which has been cancelled. They said "Unfortunately this domain was listed in error and was not available for sale"
How many times do they does this happen there? It shouldn't even happen once as far as I am concerned. How can they list domains for auction that aren't even available for auction. What a waste of friggen time and money. How do you avoid that? Just never join a NameJet pre-release auction and consider all pre-release auctions as a waste of time?

•••
I used namejet once in a same scenario years ago, never got a refund. As a result i consider them a "random scam party" and never use them now!

•••
@frank-germany
I have already moved on but the purpose of sharing was to create awareness. And hopefully NJ won't repeat such silly mistakes in future.

@F00lu
Most of the time private auctions running at NJ are under privacy and even if it's not under WHOIS privacy, that won't be helpful in any way IMO. But thanks for your suggestion.

@tksfrm
The big issue was that I was informed after 41 days AND my entire funds were held by them. Thanks for your support :)

@the dot stop
Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback which is appreciated.
I have been using them for years but this was first time I was involved in such incident. But looking at your experience, it seems this issue have been quite usual now which isn't good sign for domain buyers using NJ. The only way you can avoid this is you buy domain which are of pre-release (expiring domain) and not any domain which is a private auction which may trigger similar issue.

@EtherDomains
Thanks for sharing your experience and it's shocking really! How can they not refund your funds? PM me with complete detail and I'll talk to them.

•••
I would suggest doing an up todate whoisdomain check before ever placing a bid and see if it matches to who you think you are buying it from. Could save some grief. Sucks that they held the money for so long.
What about if everything matches this and that; then they will just find another way of doing scum things. Is this company a "NEWBIES"? No excuse.period :xf.rolleyes:
I have an account with them, but I never used them for any transaction; thank god. I will have to close this account. I'm too old to play this game :cautious:

•••
Hello and Hū gǣþ? as spoken in old English as you generally greet us in Arabic on your blog.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com thanks for your offer, but it was like 5 years ago, i don't even remember my login details there, have to look for em on old HDDs. And they won't refund it obviously.

•••
lol found my login to NJ, and guess what: "Your account has been disabled. Please Contact NameJet.
Guess they have disabled it bc i wasn't active. Anyways - they are scum and that's it.

•••
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

I have been using NameJet for years and never had any issue until the end of last month when I received an email from them stating that:

“We regret to inform you that a domain you recently purchased through a pre-release auction has been cancelled, as allowed by the NameJet Agreement. Unfortunately this domain was listed in error and was not available for sale.All efforts will be made to assure this does not occur again.

As a result, we will be refunding your auction fee within the next few days.”

To make things clear, I won a domain LLL.org through NameJet on Sep 17, 2016 and the above email I received was on Oct 29th, 2016; right after 41 days of winning the domain through an auction.

My card was charged on the same day of winning the auction. However, I responded them with the following message:

“What the hell is this? It’s been more than 1 month since I won the domain and now you are taking it back?? Kindly give the domain back to me or I will make you guys popular in every domain forum and my blog AbdulBasit.com which is widely read among domainers community.”

Their technical support member responded back:

“This domain was listed in error by the seller likely due to a typo in his submission and as such, there is no domain to deliver. You were never delivered the domain in this case due to the error in listing and as such, there is nothing that we can return.

We do apologize for the inconvenience as this is a rare occasion.”

After which I contacted them again and asked to either ban the seller or verify the domain ownerships and listings before making it live for auction for which I didn’t hear anything.

Also I was not delivered the domain during the entire 41 days and I forgot to ask them as well because I buy domains from many different places and sometimes I forget to check and transfer out domains. As many readers of my blog already know that I keep all my domains with Uniregistry and try my best to move all domains which I win at different marketplaces as soon as possible to Uniregistry in order to keep it at one place and that’s easy way to organize and manage my domains.

At first, this ridiculous mistake should not have happened from NameJet.

Secondly, if it happened, why they took 41 days to inform and even more time to refund my money? Hijacking my $1,000 for that many days is not the way of doing business. This amount might not be big for someone but it’s not about the actual figure whether it be $1 or $100,000. How can you hold my funds for over 40 days and come back with lame excuse?

I’m sharing my recent experience with you all to beware using NameJet and don’t think the domain is yours until the name is transferred to your account.

Feel free to give your feedback and share your experiences if you had any like that in past.

Thanks!

You seem to threaten people with the "making them popular" line quite often.

Does anyone particularly care about a threat from some random blogger? Curious if this works.

•••
I never bought anything on NameJet. I sold many names there and they paid me on time. But this is beyond acceptable for one reason only:

The number of days it took them.

41 days is a very long time. What is surprising to me is how they didnt find out this problem? As someone who sold many names there, I always received payment on the 15th of the month , not even one extra day.

So for them to realize after 41 days is alarming.
Namejet still won't accept my names. How do you guys do it and are there any fees involved to list a domain name there?

•••
Namejet still won't accept my names. How do you guys do it and are there any fees involved to list a domain name there?
No fees , just submit them and if they like they will reach you.

•••
Well, seller must honor the sale. I have myself sold one domain by mistake. You know what? I sold it anyway! Not honoring the sale is bad business.

•••

To be able to sell domains on namjet I did submit a list of my "liquid" domains. They contacted me back and asked me to sign a contract.

•••
You seem to threaten people with the "making them popular" line quite often.

Does anyone particularly care about a threat from some random blogger? Curious if this works.

You have some problem and cannot see anyone doing anything for betterment. My main purpose of publishing the post was to create awareness and regular buyers using NJ beware of it.

It shows how jealous you are by saying "random blogger". I have seen your attitude in past as well and it shows here again. Do some survey at NamePros and see the results!

Don't be jealous of someone's success and admit it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back