IT.COM

Need help with 1and1 transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm trying to transfer a domain name from 1and1 to Godaddy.
Everything is fine, but I'm a the last step: select "Change of Provider".

I don't have this damn option in the cancel.1and.com section!

Does somebody know how to do this?

ps: I have followed everything steps, but there's no ''Change of Provider'' option when I choose ''Soon as Possible'': http://www.DNF/f557/1and1-thread-184938.html

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck with 1and1. They will not stop billing me. I tried to cancel the account there about 1 1/2 years ago. When you talk with an CSR you think you been helped but really you haven't since there communication goes nowhere. I think they must hire people who actually think they are doing something but their computer screens must go into a black hole because nothing they do has any effect. I think once they wise up they quit and 1and1 hires new CSRs to take their place.

There business plan must be to make it so hard to do stop their services that people relent and just give them the money. Thinking it is the end of the nightmare. But the nightmare keeps giving and giving since they are billed again the next cycle.

I finally had to cancel my PayPal account to keep them from draining it. But still I get another "invoice" 3 days ago for continual web hosting.

I have nothing good to say about 1and1

•••
I recently moved a domain out of there and (successfully!) cancelled a hosting plan for a client. Unfortunately, since I no longer HAVE a client on there, I don't recall exactly what I did, but Email / call their support - I know I did that first. Whatever it was they told me to do worked perfectly.

I had heard so many horror stories that I was expecting it to be a nightmare but it actually went quite smoothly. It's really cancelled, the billing has stopped, and my only complaint was the lack of communication from the time I submitted the domain transfer request until the time it actually appeared in the new account (there were no emails).

•••
You cannot say the billing has stopped (if you paid for the domain separately) until a year has passed without any more billings.

•••
You cannot say the billing has stopped (if you paid for the domain separately) until a year has passed without any more billings.

Your right the billing hasn't stopped just the paying.

•••
The client was being billed quarterly for hosting. The billing has stopped. And in this case, the domains were not completely separate - the one was tied to the hosting account, the other 2 were listed under it. I dropped those 2 last November - when I went to cancel the entire package, they were no longer showing up in the account and they are available to re-register.

If they try to bill my client, I have it in writing from them that the domains and the account were successfully cancelled. (They sent an email after the process was complete). If you didn't get a similar email, then you probably didn't confirm the cancellation. If you did, get a hold of their support and throw it back in their face.

Since I archive EVERYTHING, here are the instructions I got from them for cancelling a domain:

------------------------
If you wish to cancel domains or extra features from your package please
visit
https://cancel.1and1.com and use your Customer ID and password to login.

Select the package that the domain is in.

Choose the option to cancel domains and/or additional items.

On the following page, you should see a list of domains and feature you
can choose to cancel and the different options on how to do so.

At the end of the process you will need to activate your request. In
order to do so, you will receive an e-mail message with a special link
which you will need to click to complete the process.

Then you get an email that looks like this:

We have received a cancellation request regarding your 1&1 package
(xxxxxxxx) through the 1&1 online cancellation tool.

As a final step to complete the process and activate your cancellation
request, you will need to visit the following URL

(url here)

to proceed with the cancellation of your package.

Please note: If you do not activate your cancellation request within the
next 7 days, your request will be removed from our system and all
components of your contract will remain active.

I suspect a lot of people miss that step.

After you do that, you get another email confirming that you confirmed your request and stating that the product(s) will be deleted on the date you have chosing

Their support # is 1-866-258-5616 . Don't ignore them - they don't go away and have been known to send collection agencies after people.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back