IT.COM

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sean, I'm not sure what your comment means..

I think he means to speed up the process, submit a logo yourself, using your own designer.
Is that allowed?

Last edited:
•••
It is allowed.. But before the logo process the description has to be finalized by namerific.

So the info i got is the following.. There's updates currently about to take place to accelerate the whole process..

The description is on a first come first served basis.. Afterwards the logo is up to the designers to chose.. Based on which ones i guess they feel creatively drawn to / they value most; designer rate vs listing price vs value the designer sees in the name.

•••
Since you asked, I have 1 approved domain I added in Oct 19 but up to now is yet to be published. I have another (approved) two domains I added since Nov 4 & 5 not also published for the same reason "no designers claimed this domain yet".

May I ask how much you set the "logo reward" at for these domains?

•••
has anyone sold anything with them?

•••
Some people yes.. Check earlier pages in this thread

•••
My responses in red font

oyong,

1) is the name description done? Yes

2) and if so, if it's in the name pending status, does it allow you to change the amount you want to pay the designer for the logo (once the domains is sold) ? I did not experience this yet. But i think it is not allowed.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

May I ask how much you set the "logo reward" at for these domains?

Very decent $100. :D

•••
2) and if so, if it's in the name pending status, does it allow you to change the amount you want to pay the designer for the logo (once the domains is sold) ? I did not experience this yet. But i think it is not allowed.

contact them, their respond is quick

•••
Wow.... my first name that got approved with them finally has just got the description done, now I am awaiting the logo and am at 138 in the "design cue" apparently.

If anyone wants to see the description they did you can check it out here: http://www.namerific.com/mirby

•••
congs :)
I am waiting for the description since 4 days. how long it took to make the description done with you? and how long it take to make 138 cue :(

•••
congs :)
I am waiting for the description since 4 days. how long it took to make the description done with you? and how long it take to make 138 cue :(

I think I waited about 18/19 days to get the description for that name haha....... so settle in as you'll probably be waiting awhile longer yet, especially with the holidays.

•••
wow last time i listed a name i did the description myself and the que was not in the 100's

•••
thank God its not me who write it, My language will not help me :)

•••
Wow..... just noticed a designer has picked it up already - "Pending Logo Design (Claimed by a designer. Design has started.) ".

Guess it helps to select $400 as the logo reward haha :)

•••
So far i do have a bunch of names accepted at NR.. But the following were not accepted at my surprise as i thought they were clearly brandable.. I still see value in them for sure..Would be curious about your thoughts about them..

Rentalux.com (luxury rentals)
Trippion.com (for trips)
Biovor.com (bio products)
Joolt.com (just sounds and looks cool)
MoneyHurry.com (awesome for a cash advance company)
Robodi.com (robotics company)
Relivi.com (play on relive.. Cool for an insurane company or any health related industry).

•••
even me : BoldSign(d)com and others
I think it is not always about branding. sometimes if they have many domains point the same niche, business, or meaning, they just not approve it. you know that they try to make it simple for the buyers. if there were alot of domains, this will make it hard for the buyers to browse all domains.

imo

•••
Wow.... my first name that got approved with them finally has just got the description done, now I am awaiting the logo and am at 138 in the "design cue" apparently.

If anyone wants to see the description they did you can check it out here: http://www.namerific.com/mirby

...and it's live! :)

•••
That's a nice name you have for sale there Cyphix ;)

It's been 16 days now since my name got approved and no description yet, so yes, it takes awhile :)

•••
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
That's a nice name you have for sale there Cyphix ;)

It's been 16 days now since my name got approved and no description yet, so yes, it takes awhile :)

Haha thanks! :)

•••
A live link to the Namerific page is allowed, not to any other sales page, these posts have been getting reported by other members. I spoke to Eric and he agreed that if its a Namerific link in the Namerific thread that is ok, technically its linking to a sales page but its on topic, most know that a domainer in here is not going to pay end user prices for a brandable domain.

Any blatant sales attempts will be deleted - Please use marketplace for those. Thank you and good luck with your brandable names.

•••
Dont know if namerific is changing strategies but on average I had about a 50% acceptance rate on the names i was submitting.. Thought understood what they were looking for.. Just had a list of about 17 brandables all just categorically declined... Waiting to see what brandbucket answers if they ever do.. Almost a month since first submissions yet to get any answer.

Last edited:
•••
Dont know if namerific is changing strategies but on average I had about a 50% acceptance rate on the names i was submitting.. Thought understood what they were looking for.. Just had a list of about 17 brandables all just categorically declined... Waiting to see what brandbucket answers if they ever do.. Almost a month since first submissions yet to get any answer.

I have had the same experience with both BB and Namerific in the 3-4 weeks. I think they are tightening up and trying to keep numbers down. I know my names are better than ever (I hope so anyway, lol) as I get the hang of this, but just had a bunch of better ones rejected, some examples below, for an idea. Some of them are getting listing page traffic already on SEDO.

Roamia
LoudWow
Sensationa
Vanysh
Buzzment
Requals
Lovelio
Expeza
Bonavibe

I have 14 more names accepted and waiting for descriptions from early Dec and another 3 waiting for logos, that I paid for the $10 speed up back in Oct. Obviously any domains posted between those two processes is getting overlooked and the logo designers don't get the same bonus.

Another factor for me anyway, on the acceptance rate maybe I have been putting higher prices than before, so maybe they are fed up of emailing price adjustments. :D I notice there have been more requests for this also anyway, lot more requests for under $1000. I think with the extra competition now/increased supply, they may be realizing the prices are too high on the average domains.

I still don't mind, it's their business/service and they can do what they like, and this is how it is. I can still have the names listed elsewhere in the meantime, unlike BB. No point in hanging on their every word or move, we need to get on and do some work ourselves to display these names! They are an avenue or option IMO, not 100% of your sales efforts! Best thing in any business online, is to be independent as possible. %%-

•••

Haha you and me are in the same boat..... just had 8 names declined today too, with none accepted.

BB on the other hand I have been waiting about 3 weeks since the last lot of names I submitted.....

•••
Some examples of mine that really liked but was declined were:

Zlinka (for a linkedin type of site)
Novatral
Arivax
Qizio
Duvena (duvet / bedding company maybe)
Thirve (found it sounded cool)
FirmFactor (consulting firm..)
Namelined ( maybe a site like namerific lol.. Or a marketing company which helps companies allign with a brandable name or a baby name site)

Eventually going to make my own personal site for my domains as a second source.. Besides listing them at the traditional godaddy, sedo, afternic sources..

Last edited:
•••
There is just so much inventory being submitted I think they are getting backed up and being pickier.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back