NameSilo

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold one name within a month of opening an account and had one non payer in the next month, at least there was interest

•••
thanks for the replies everyone

•••
perhaps i messed up by sending in my best one first because the rest just got denied lol.

•••
I found a lot of my 'Winners" were not accepted, it is a little hard to be precise with the requirements, they either hit a chord with the staff or they don't ......most of mine didn't but that's ok because i consider the brandable's market to be a lottery anyway .... nothing is guaranteed

•••
But I mean anyone could do this. You have the domain XXXX.com and I say to you I can get you $XXXX for it. Only wait a year and pay me 30% for doing so. And promise to pay someone else $xxx for designing a logo.

Someone could come up with all the logos and post up, make $100s to $1000s per post....the what Namerific seems to do it is in the $!000s, with nothing for anyone else who can only get $1000 for their domain, no exposure. But to a deal that they can make a few $1000 sure, qualified. But if your domain won't sell for 3 years, even for a few $1000, it seems like they are just declining the lot because of it. Keeping site numbers down as far as domains listed goes, which could be good for them. But I've gotten 80% of my domains declined.

They are asking what everyone else is asking, forward my site to them, let them gain that exposure. And of course, take ONLY the top qualifying domains I have, and let them wait to be sold, when domainers should be developing and building their domains, not waiting 2 months just to be listed on a site to be sold. And your business model just seems to add value to your domain and not really to the domain market, as far as work on domainers part goes.

It seems like the wait of 2 months would lead most people to think of at least 10 ideas they could use their premium domain for. Most people try to offer you $20-50 for the best of the best you have, and I kinda feel the same here, like I'm being asked

Put the best domains you have in our hands and we will try to get you what you want, only if we agree with your pricing, and you agree with over 30% being taken away from your true domains value, on top of what we cheapen you before we put you on Namerific, and then on top of that pay our professionals to make an image, around about 5% of what you sell your domain for.

So basically if people foward domains like Namerific tells them to do, they can take an estimate on traffic coming in, benefit off the monetizing of everyones PREMIUM domains, and pay nothing for it, other than making you wait for two months? from what is said, or a month at least, and after a month of premium domains forwarded to their site, they will either deny or approve you based on that 1 domains traffic, biased against your other domains.

So after you agree to let them take 35% plus whatever they cheapen off your domain's value, and have your domain forwarded to them for at least a month, and set the price themselves to make at least $1000, only for the best of the best, while making you wait and giving nothing back to you for all the 1000s of daily hits they get because of your premium domains....

I mean I could make people wait that long and make business decisions about who will pay me $1000s to sell on my website, or not. It's not even a gamble, you can watch these statistics plainly and estimate value of domains and domain owners.

But I can't believe you're asking to have the domain forwarded for a month, then finally (maybe) get it listed, after you deny 4 other premium domain names. I mean I have a premium, excepted domain already. I come to your site because you claim you are doing bigger things since the past things. But all I see is a pyramid scheme here of traffick.

I have a premium domain, that is heard daily from television as a phrase, in over 90% of American homes. For the price you gave me to approve it, which was cheaper than what I wanted in-pocket, you should already have my domain sold without a picture, and for the $100 I'm paying or more, to someone to come up with a logo, I would expect faster service while you rape premium domain traffic

•••
Of course I'm not complaining but this is how I see things. My premium domains are accepted and asked to fwd to you, while you claim you can do nothing for 80% of the other premium domains, while taking more than 30% pay, and wasting 8% of my year forwarded to your site to be not even listing or advertising my domain for sale, except through my effort. Really just seems like a lot to ask domainers to do, the wait, the forward, to me its like getting some offer for a one-word domain for $20. It's not like you cheapened my domain that much, $1 is too much though. But still, my domain name without the .com is heard in pretty much every home in the US. Everyday, all day long if the TV's on. Yet while my domains name, without the .com, is said literally billions of times across America this month, I will be waiting to see if and when my domain gets up, and how long it takes to sell. I'm not expecting turn-key sales from this site unless it just comes, but people, do your own work, don't forward everything you got to someone and then drop 80% of your domains. And don't let anyone else tell you what's worth it and what's not. Because I was led to believe when I read this thread that Namerific was getting better and faster, and couldn't promise sales but was promising exposure to their homepage. I don't think domainers should be paying for it in the way you've set up your business plan, but you probably know better than i do about what you do

•••
Of course I'm not complaining but this is how I see things. My premium domains are accepted and asked to fwd to you, while you claim you can do nothing for 80% of the other premium domains, while taking more than 30% pay, and wasting 8% of my year forwarded to your site to be not even listing or advertising my domain for sale, except through my effort. Really just seems like a lot to ask domainers to do, the wait, the forward, to me its like getting some offer for a one-word domain for $20. It's not like you cheapened my domain that much, $1 is too much though. But still, my domain name without the .com is heard in pretty much every home in the US. Everyday, all day long if the TV's on. Yet while my domains name, without the .com, is said literally billions of times across America this month, I will be waiting to see if and when my domain gets up, and how long it takes to sell. I'm not expecting turn-key sales from this site unless it just comes, but people, do your own work, don't forward everything you got to someone and then drop 80% of your domains. And don't let anyone else tell you what's worth it and what's not. Because I was led to believe when I read this thread that Namerific was getting better and faster, and couldn't promise sales but was promising exposure to their homepage. I don't think domainers should be paying for it in the way you've set up your business plan, but you probably know better than i do about what you do
Please let me know which domain is yours, I will ensure it is taken care of as soon as possible (please email me at [email protected]). Please keep in mind we have had about 2000+ domain submissions in the past week. Most domains we have to reject, unfortunately. We really want to ensure our buyers dont have to sift through a lot of inventory to find what they want. As for forwarding, this is simply to ensure you own the domain. Once our system verifies ownership, you can forward the domain anywhere you wish.

•••
I got a question about selling process on namerific.

Sometime ago i submited a domain, it have been accepted and went into logo design process.

The logo was not yet designed, but today when i checked status it says: "Pending Logo Design (Domain reserved, and design process started)"

What "domain reserved" mean?

•••
I got a question about selling process on namerific.

Sometime ago i submited a domain, it have been accepted and went into logo design process.

The logo was not yet designed, but today when i checked status it says: "Pending Logo Design (Domain reserved, and design process started)"

What "domain reserved" mean?
It means that a logo designer has reserved it for 24 hours to design a logo for it.

•••
Thank you for your reply.

How this status is different from the one it has before?

Yesterday it was saying "Designer has claimed this domain, logo creation has started. "

•••
Thank you for your reply.

How this status is different from the one it has before?

Yesterday it was saying "Designer has claimed this domain, logo creation has started. "
Not sure, I'll have to look that one up :)

•••
•••
Discovered this website recently, looks very professional. Got my first 3 domains declined but I'm determined to get better in my picking of brandables to sell :)

Last edited:
•••
@Namerific/Mike

Thank you for fixing the issue I had. Everything is bueno atm, and looks like you also approved a bunch of other names from me so thanks for that too.

Keep up the good work!

•••
@Namerific/Mike

Thank you for fixing the issue I had. Everything is bueno atm, and looks like you also approved a bunch of other names from me so thanks for that too.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks man. Let us know if theres anything else we can do for you.

•••
When Namerific first launched Zane Gocha was the main guy there. He was experienced at accepting pretty good names and I believe that is why I had 4 sales there. I have not had a sale in many many months and I think it is because of Zane leaving Namerific and the subsequent drop in the quality of the names. Names like BodyBuilderAbs and DreamBlankie should not be listed there and hundreds more in my opinion. I would not consider those to be high quality brandable domains.

I also received an email from Namerific and an intern in Singapore asking what my bottom dollar price was on a name. I know he was an intern because it said it right under his name. I told him the amount and how to proceed and never ever heard back from "the Intern". Personally negotiations of any kind should not be done by an intern. Anytime potential profits are at stake Mike or Zane should do the negotiating. Obviously Zane is not there so it should be someone besides an intern.

I would love to hear other peoples experiences with Namerific. I am not knocking them. They have the best looking site by far but the name choices are lacking.

•••
I think it's a good business idea/plan to sell the brandables. It brings value back to the domain market, all while taking 30% end fees. Check out my link below, I think domain sales pages are overrated...the most the do is escrow, unless it's like Namepros or something. I think the web and web security has come far enough for owners to do business on their own, granted the law allows :).

My site's more open, but brandables are a big market, and someone does need to grasp on them

•••
I think it's a good business idea/plan to sell the brandables. It brings value back to the domain market, all while taking 30% end fees. Check out my link below, I think domain sales pages are overrated...the most the do is escrow, unless it's like Namepros or something. I think the web and web security has come far enough for owners to do business on their own, granted the law allows :).

My site's more open, but brandables are a big market, and someone does need to grasp on them

I agree that selling brandables is a good idea but what I was saying is that the ones they are accepting lately don't seem to fall into that niche 100%.

•••
I agree that selling brandables is a good idea but what I was saying is that the ones they are accepting lately don't seem to fall into that niche 100%.

From what I understand they list their own names too, have a paid staff to find brandable names to list. Therefore you're competing against them for a placement approval and this might be why there's so may denials.

The one's that are approved link back to them which helps them sell their owned names and so what's the ratio of domain owners vrs their owned names? When I looked at the site you can't tell if it's their names or actually someone like me and you.

Anyone at NP had a sale here, curious? I'm not trash talking but when you're competing against the man itself, why?

•••
From what I understand they list their own names too, have a paid staff to find brandable names to list. Therefore you're competing against them for a placement approval and this might be why there's so may denials.

The one's that are approved link back to them which helps them sell their owned names and so what's the ratio of domain owners vrs their owned names? When I looked at the site you can't tell if it's their names or actually someone like me and you.

Anyone at NP had a sale here, curious? I'm not trash talking but when you're competing against the man itself, why?
Quite a few members here have sold domains there - check out the older pages of the completed domain name sales thread.

•••
BodyBuilderAbs and DreamBlankie may not be great company names, but they are very applicable for individual product names in those niches. We reject 97% of submitted names and we try to maintain quality on anything we approve. There are some instances where domainers contact me directly to list and sometimes we're a bit more lenient in those cases.

To Mad409:

Yes, we have a portfolio of names that we list ourselves on the site, but this has no bearing on how many new names we approve.

You can WHOIS any name on the site to see who it is owned by, unless someone has privacy on their names.

We are not exclusive with listings, so no reason you can't try to sell your name elsewhere while it is listed at Namerific.

•••
Wow sent you a message and no reply ?

•••
Submitted 11 domains, had 7 accepted 1 in review. My initial submission of names was 9, I contacted mike and told him about my submitted names. He looked at the names right away. Now just waiting for listings to launch. Incredibly fast...

•••
•••
Submitted 11 domains, had 7 accepted 1 in review. My initial submission of names was 9, I contacted mike and told him about my submitted names. He looked at the names right away. Now just waiting for listings to launch. Incredibly fast...
Let me know which names so I can ensure they go live asap!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back