Dynadot

status-resolved namepros has been taken over ..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
upload_2019-11-18_8-41-41.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are in communication with Rob about this and working with him (just like we do all other members that have done this in the past, including you Frank) to help him learn the rules and post within the expectations of the community.

I may have been in the wrong department with my posts..
and I may have been rude or un-appropriate with one or two posts

and I apologize
if that has hurt anybody's feelings

but I'm not spitting threads out

in order to cover
the front page of the forum

and continue to do so
over and over
in order to get domainers to move into my service

Last edited:
•••
•••

A few things, that's where blog posts go in domain industry news, number 2 I got nothing to sell you, 3 the mods can close my account or delete posts anytime they like, I could care less.

And for today popular I see

nameprostoday.jpg

Last edited:
•••
A few things, that's where blog posts go in domain industry news, number 2 I got nothing to sell you, 3 the mods can close my account or delete posts anytime they like, I could care less.

Show attachment 136232

Raymond - you have nothing to worry about. It is a slow news day for new thread and it is possible to rank your thread with just a few people engaging. People need to stop complaining, and start thanking you for not turning NP into a:

upload_2019-11-19_14-1-41.png

Keep up the good work, and thanks for keeping your finger on the news pulse.

•••

Show attachment 136232

True. It wasn't meant in a negative way! Just to show there are others with a lot of topics.

Personally I couldn't care less how many topics people start or get involved in. As long as they contain valuable content like yours and Rob's (albeit different in nature) I can only appreciate that!

•••
information
is only valuable
when it's good

when it's obviously a sales pitch
the greatness is always questionable
( like being bullish on orgs )

I'm bullish on green gum frogs
( no I'm not )

but even if..
I'm not selling green gum frogs to you
in case you are now bullish, too.
(for a steep discount of course)

to find the blog posts you have to search for them

in order to find the sales pitches
you can't avoid them
they'll find you

•••
information
is only valuable
when it's good

when it's obviously a sales pitch
the greatness is always questionable
( like being bullish on orgs )

I'm bullish on green gum frogs
( no I'm not )

but even if..
I'm not selling green gum frogs to you
in case you are now bullish, too.
(for a steep discount of course)

to find the blog posts you have to search for them

in order to find the sales pitches
you can't avoid them
they'll find you

You can avoid it by ignoring him?

Look, I get what you're saying and agree sometimes it's a bit much. But what harm comes from that which bothers you?

NP seems to think he's playing by the rules. I'd rather have a registrar actually participating and sneak in some self promotion along the way than only encounter registrars when they run their latest promo.

Just my opinion. I respect you for speaking your mind. It's the critical minds that keep a forum healthy.

•••
The worst sales pitch I've ever seen @ NP was from the .Best Registry ... ruthless ... and newbies ... who think air is money, monkey is fruit ... they just stay in the line ... and registering and registering ... imo

•••
You can avoid it by ignoring him?

Look, I get what you're saying and agree sometimes it's a bit much. But what harm comes from that which bothers you?

NP seems to think he's playing by the rules. I'd rather have a registrar actually participating and sneak in some self promotion along the way than only encounter registrars when they run their latest promo.

Just my opinion. I respect you for speaking your mind. It's the critical minds that keep a forum healthy.

indeed I can't avoid
by ignoring him

the screenshots at the OP
were taken while ignoring

•••
The worst sales pitch I've ever seen @ NP was from the .Best Registry ... ruthless ... and newbies ... who think air is money, monkey is fruit ... they just stay in the line ... and registering and registering ... imo

100% agreed

•••
These repeated accusations are getting really annoying. @frank-germany .. you're more than entitled to your opinion .. but you yourself flood every single post @Rob Monster starts taking them all off-topic.

I've said it many times .. as long as the prime focus in on the topic and discussion, then I don't even mind people mentioning their domain related company. Particularly WHEN IT BRINGS A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE TO A TOPIC specifically because it's from a registrar point of view.

On top of that Frank .. while I do appreciate some of your points sometimes, the way you post as well often is incomprehensible. I'm not really sure you're in the best place to be complaining about others.

I've mentioned it a couple of times when you post 4-5 posts in a row, each with little focus and incomplete sentences strung out over multiple lines.

But I've never once complained to others, nor to NamePros.

This is a public forum .. we aren't always going to agree with what others say nor how they say it. If someone is flagrantly breaking the rules or being abusive to others, then that's one thing .. but that isn't the case here.

By your logic, everybody who wholesales to other domainers should not be allowed to say anything positive about domains!?

Anyhow .. complain about Rob and Bob and anyone else as much as you want .. but I do ask that from this point forward you keep your continuous unconstructive and off-topic complaints here in the comments and feedback forum

If you feel strongly against something you're allowed to speak up about it .. but stop taking every single post Rob starts off-topic .. for the last few months you're actually breaking more rules than he is!

•••
But what harm comes from that which bothers you?

most "information" is not backed by data
"bullish on .org"
leads newbies to register .orgs w/o thinking.
who gains?

"shoot to the moon"
not backed by data
leads to loss of "earthy" sales

read @Michael post

"I can help you sell"
leads to:
let's register

harm?
no harm I can see

•••
These repeated accusations are getting really annoying. @frank-germany .. you're more than entitled to your opinion .. but you yourself flood every single post @Rob Monster starts taking them all off-topic.

I've said it many times .. as long as the prime focus in on the topic and discussion, then I don't even mind people mentioning their domain related company. Particularly WHEN IT BRINGS A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE TO A TOPIC specifically because it's from a registrar point of view.

On top of that Frank .. while I do appreciate some of your points sometimes, the way you post as well often is incomprehensible. I'm not really sure you're in the best place to be complaining about others.

I've mentioned it a couple of times when you post 4-5 posts in a row, each with little focus and incomplete sentences strung out over multiple lines.

But I've never once complained to others, nor to NamePros.

This is a public forum .. we aren't always going to agree with what others say nor how they say it. If someone is flagrantly breaking the rules or being abusive to others, then that's one thing .. but that isn't the case here.

By your logic, everybody who wholesales to other domainers should not be allowed to say anything positive about domains!?

Anyhow .. complain about Rob and Bob and anyone else as much as you want .. but I do ask that from this point forward you keep your continuous unconstructive and off-topic complaints here in the comments and feedback forum

If you feel strongly against something you're allowed to speak up about it .. but stop taking every single post Rob starts off-topic .. for the last few months you're actually breaking more rules than he is!

you are welcome @Ategy.com

but this is my thread

•••
What I don´t understand: What is the problem?

There is a Section "Popular this month". It is ranked by replies or by Likes, I even don´t know. Whatever, it is ranked by the acceptance and participation of all Namepros members. And the ranking cannot be manipulated by the thread OP to rise I assume.

The member participation may be approving or disapproving. Both kinds of posts account for an uprise of threads in the ranking section. Additionally, threads like this one which claim to be critical do only one thing: they guarantee more users´ interest in the criticized item and secure those top rankings because more users are attracted to look into them and participate.

So let´s just suppose that allegations against Rob are relevant and let´s suppose that Rob is even more clever than we think he would have engaged Frank to stage a continuing show of enmity. Schizo Bullshit? Of course, what else. But this fantastic thought just develops the current situation.

If I imagine this forum without the contributions of Rob, Frank, Raymond and Bob, just for example, this forum would be no more than a marketplace. An attractive marketplace for sure, but nothing else. So why not let it be.

•••
What I don´t understand: What is the problem?

There is a Section "Popular this month". It is ranked by replies or by Likes, I even don´t know. Whatever, it is ranked by the acceptance and participation of all Namepros members. And the ranking cannot be manipulated by the thread OP to rise I assume.

The member participation may be approving or disapproving. Both kinds of posts account for an uprise of threads in the ranking section. Additionally, threads like this one which claim to be critical do only one thing: they guarantee more users´ interest in the criticized item and secure those top rankings because more users are attracted to look into them and participate.

So let´s just suppose that allegations against Rob are relevant and let´s suppose that Rob is even more clever than we think he would have engaged Frank to stage a continuing show of enmity. Schizo Bullsh*t? Of course, what else. But this fantastic thought just develops the current situation.

If I imagine this forum without the contributions of Rob, Frank, Raymond and Bob, just for example, this forum would be no more than a marketplace. An attractive marketplace for sure, but nothing else. So why not let it be.

when I ignore someone
I would expect not to see any of his posts

not the case
you can't avoid them

and I might miss other more interesting posts
buried somewhere

Last edited:
•••
... @Ategy.com is prolific among others.

I'm not prolific .. it's the rest of you 999,999 NamePros members who are too vague and imprecise! It's like you're all afraid of words or something! lol

@Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Bravo @Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Foxtrot .. where are we on a membership leaderboard based on character count and/or % of database content? I'm curious if I'm over or under 10x the person in second place!? lol

I still find it funny that NamePros literally had to change post size limits because of me! lol

you are welcome @Ategy.com but this is my thread

Unless it's a lists, marketplace or welcome thread, then all threads pretty much belong to everybody .. AS LONG AS THEY MAINLY STAY ON TOPIC! (You're allowed to make a rare random post a little off topic .. as long as it's a good joke .. lol)

If @Rob Monster starts or participates in a topic about escrow services, then it's perfectly on topic for him to discuss Epik's escrow service ... not only is that OK .. but I think it's great that as domainers we can get a registrar's perspective.

The biggest problem here is that there aren't more registrars participating in the various discussions throughout NamePros .. it's actually pretty sad .. I think most find @Rob Monster out of place because he is in a way .. in that he's the only one posting from a registrar's perspective .. but if you ask me that's not his fault .. if anything we should be blaming all the other registrars for not participating enough! :-/

Last edited:
•••
when I ignore someone
I would expect not to see any of his posts

not the case
you can't avoid them

and I might miss other more interesting posts
buried somewhere
I suggest it is YOUR thread that let me be visible.

Greatness dot human

•••
Unless it's a lists, marketplace or welcome thread, then all threads pretty much belong to everybody .. AS LONG AS THEY MAINLY STAY ON TOPIC! (You're allowed to make a rare random post a little off topic .. as long as it's a good joke .. lol)

that was meant as a reply to you complaining
about me posting on every post Rob started

I wasn't doing so lately

as I didn't further want to enhance the Rob posts
with my replies

and if I ever was posting off-topic
it got deleted, for sure

•••

LMAOROTF .. actually .. it's by replies ... so in a way @frank-germany .. with the way you post 4-5 posts in a row at least once or twice on every single page of @Rob Monster's threads ... it's actually you who is most responsible more than anyone else for putting his threads on the leader board .. lol .. it's your own fault .. and then you come here to complain about it here! lol x 100000000

*DYING of laughter .. someone please be sure to come feed Steamie after I'm gone*

•••
•••
LMAOROTF .. actually .. it's by replies ... so in a way @frank-germany .. with the way you post 4-5 posts in a row at least once or twice on every single page of @Rob Monster's threads ... it's actually you who is most responsible more than anyone else for putting his threads on the leader board .. lol .. it's your own fault .. and then you come here to complain about it here! lol x 100000000

*DYING of laughter .. someone please be sure to come feed Steamie after I'm gone*

yes funny

I can tell you the reason
in case you care

I wanted to be read
by all these fellow domainers
who may have been fooled
in a timely manner

•••
•••
So let´s just suppose that allegations against Rob are relevant and let´s suppose that Rob is even more clever than we think he would have engaged Frank to stage a continuing show of enmity. Schizo Bullsh*t? Of course, what else. But this fantastic thought just develops the current situation.

Interesting thought. I am not that clever.

@Mod Team Bravo, this might sound self-serving but if you want to have a better weighting of thread relevance, add the weighting of likes and thanks to get an indication of popularity. At present, you can drive up view count with a bunch of folks just posting their name pitches endlessly in a thread but the content value can be extremely low. This is an indication of activity but not of popularity or utility.

•••
Let's not over complicate things. Those that start topics that get attention should be rewarded, not scrutinized and penalized as a result.

Here's a big shout out to:

@Rob Monster for getting the discussion going.

@equity78 for churning out lots of content that gets the thought process and discussions started. Hat's off to a blogger that actually participates here on NP's. Much appreciated!

@Bob Hawkes for all that analytical juice, open mind and civility.

@Ategy.com for showing us that longer can be better and dog walking is good therapy.

Cheers! It's not the same without y'all!!....

Lots of others I would like to shout out to, but I got to walk the dog.......

•••
If @Rob Monster starts or participates a topic about escrow services, then it's perfectly on topic for him to discuss Epik's escrow service ... not only is that OK .. but I think it's great that as domainers we can get a registrar's perspective

Hi

that is not true

If he starts a thread that is posted n general discussion section to discuss his escrow service, then that is promotion.
it should be in Advertising section
if he replies to a thread, where the OP is asking about another platforms escrow service (uni or sedo) and he talks about his services, fee's etc, in that thread, then that is promotional.

when he starts a thread in general discussion section about being bullish on .org and talks about reg fee pricing at his service for .org, then that is promotional

there are LOTS of impressional, gullible folks on this forum and they are being taken advantage of, to that extent.

if the intent is discussion, enlightenment, helpful, advisory, etc, then why you have to promote who you work for in each of those threads?

who else does this on the forum?

imo...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back