Unstoppable Domains .crypto

namepros has been taken over ..

Labeled as status-resolved in NamePros Comments and Feedback started by frank-germany, Nov 18, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

I have told @Bob Hawkes to reign it in, but the man does not listen :xf.wink: (he does a great job really:xf.smile:)

Seriously though, I do think it benefits the community when @Rob Monster contributes.

I have personally not submitted any names for the Dojo and only made 1 comment (I think) on the other 2 threads listed above, you can be involved as little or as much as you like.

The whole .org thread is a great read imo....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  3. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

Well Rob and Bob are both active posters that contribute Almarri needs to come to senses and realise he is basing his prices on scam offers not on sales histories.

4. Reddstagg

Reddstagg Upgraded Member Gold Account

Namepros Bingo. I just need two more Robs for five in a line.

Dont-shout-house-shout-Epic.com

5. Fortnite

Fortnite Patience is the key to success and big money Gold Account

Yeah that dude Almari is living on lalaland, dont know when he will get out of that dream.😓

6. frank-germany

you all are right:

meanwhile
    a huge grain of humo(u) r is indeed needed

7. MrAcidic

[​IMG]

8. Tunababa8v

Tunababa8v Established Member

Almari will be here in 4 3 2 1 ......

9. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

In his defence he made some good dot company sales but he can't base his pricing on offers that are not real. I think he will delay any immediate reply as there is nothing to reply to.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

Sorry. I will try my best in future to not write about sexy topics like the statistics of hyphens! :xf.grin:
    Bob

11. frank-germany

12. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Agreed .company guy at $3 million starting options needs to stop the flooding.

It’s become a waste of bandwidth. Like nobody here is going to pay millions for a dot .company, you can buy your own extension for a fraction of that.

13. Domain_savvy

Domain_savvy Established Member

I have noticed that Mods are being strict lately and moving threads here and there. Feels like less freedom to write on NP nowadays.

@frank-germany In which section was the thread originally posted ?

14. Samer

Samer Top Member VIP

Welcome Frank.

i’ve been expecting you.

This is what happens when people feel their voices are heard. Everyday, those “other guys” (suspect ur bosses) lose me, more and more

Samer

15. Ategy

Ategy NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

lmao .. what are you talking about?

Bob and Rob write such short tiny puny posts! lol
    @Bob Hawkes @Rob Monster

Seriously .. I don't always agree with either (nor most people 100% of the time), but the more people who actually participate in online forums while actually fully debating, discussing and exploring possibilities, the better it is for everyone.

Most people just write one or two sentences .. which isn't the end of the world, but the whole point of forums is to dig deep and explore ideas and possibilities that you and/or others haven't considered yet. Often times one person says something that will trigger a similar idea in someone else .. it's called evolution of ideas .. development .. progress.

I know it can be intimidating to jump into conversations at times .. but people still learn even when people post things other people disagree with. In fact .. one could argue we can sometimes learn even more by considering opposing views.

In most cases the community learns more when we explore the "Why", and not the "What".

I honestly don't care how many people started how many discussions .. as long as they all (or mostly .. lol) lead to quality discussions where at least some people (hopefully including myself) learn something new .. even if it's simply to understand and appreciate/respect points-of-views and opinions that are different from our own.

I'd much rather have an in-depth discussion with someone I disagree with, but who has taken the time to research, understand and respect both sides of the debate, rather than just hang out with people who all agree on the same thing but don't explore or dig deeper into a topic.

16. Bob Hawkes

Actually if we view it as a serious thread, which I agree it could be, then it seems to me that it is now probably in the right place (did not notice where it was originally).

I think, in general, it is healthy to have a diversity of authors of meaningful threads that have constructive discussion. Yes Rob starts tons of threads and in general they get high up because there is worthwhile points surrounding them, and sometimes multiple highly held opinions. I personally find that almost all of his posts add to our community. That said, I would love to have someone highly placed at some of the other domainer serving companies actively involved too, and also I recognize that there is a thin line between being enthusiastic and offering what you genuinely consider as good advice and promotion.

Bob

17. MrAcidic

Tongue in cheek humor should be short and sweet :xf.wink:

18. Bob Hawkes

I agree so much with this.

I am not so much opposed to how many threads people start or contribute to, as the quality of the discussion and the points being made. I do value those who say clever, insightful things in a few words, but that is not always possible.

The situation which I most object to is when there is a thread with some inflammatory click bait title (like scam, fraud, lies, etc.). Then there are a bunch of people jumping on it to oppose it. Which is sensible, but the way posts move up is when people post replies, so then it moves up and other more meaningful threads don't make it to the highlighted ones and don't get seen.

Anyway, this comment is not about Rob's posts at all, but more a general concern re which ones get highlighted on the right hand border.

BTW can someone talk to that Bob H guy? I mean using words like hyphen in a title is so click baity :xf.cool: - perturbs me!

Bob

19. frank-germany

upload_2019-11-18_19-4-56.png

20. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

By the way, I do think those posts were all pretty decent reads with some great comments from thoughtful people.

These other recent posts did not get as much attention but are also good reads:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/yall-wanna-shoot-the-moon.1162085/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...upper-that-is-held-via-privacy-proxy.1163437/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/teach-a-man-to-fish-co-creating-abundance.1162792

https://www.namepros.com/threads/hi...ct-managers-and-executive-leadership.1162639/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namepros-alexa-rank-predictions-for-year-end.1152491/

The over-arching themes:

1. Make the pie bigger -- overcome the scarcity mindset.

2. Digital empowerment - share what you know.

3. NamePros - make NamePros a high impact community.

4. Transition from PPC to Landers and SHOOT THE MOON!

21. frank-germany

100% agreed

but if the research was done
    with the main focus on
    how to have as many views/replies

the main purpose of advertising
    becomes obvious

and a discussion mutates into an unpaid promotion

22. frank-germany

no idea what you talk about, Samer

23. Rob Monster

Frank - I disagree.

This is not promotional:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/turning-lemons-into-lemonade.1161776

That is just life advice. People tried to move it into the Promotional category, but instead it ended in the break room. I know it helped a bunch of people.

And this one has too:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/personal-productivity-megathread.1155735/

It would be awesome if more people engaged and shared their knowledge, wisdom and professional techniques. We could make the pie bigger. And that would be very cool.

People can provide for themselves, provide for their families, provide for their community, and have the opportunity to contemplate the meaning of life. Why does this terrify you so much?

24. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO Gold Account VIP

Hello,

Fortunately, we are aware of the promotional issue, and we have been working on it. We do not treat Rob any differently than other enthusiastic members who have come to NamePros over the years and created large influxes of content that sometimes violates the rules.

We are in communication with Rob about this and working with him (just like we do all other members that have done this in the past, including you Frank) to help him learn the rules and post within the expectations of the community. He is making strides to improve. However, please use the Report link on any posts that you see where a rule has been violated, and we will take the appropriate actions. Your reports will help contribute to his learning of what is considered acceptable use at NamePros.

We appreciate your help.

25. Rob Monster

Thanks. It is true.

The software does have some throttling features in place which seem to work like this one:

upload_2019-11-19_10-45-50.png

However, I think the real solution is for more folks to do this:

1. Post useful content. Teach what you know. Share what you discover. Raise the collective intelligence of the community by giving without any expectation of immediate return.

2. Run polls for name selection. These are popular and let naming experts strut their stuff, mention their relevant inventory, while letting others learn techniques for naming. @Ategy.com is prolific among others.

3. Follow people who engage with you. They often follow back. You then get notified about each other's posts. A lot of folks follow me but I followed them back.

And when a lot of people do that, we get explosive traffic growth and the community becomes more vibrant:

upload_2019-11-19_10-50-25.png
    And that is a good thing for the industry, so keep that in mind. I have shared what works. Copy it, don't piss on it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice