IT.COM

status-resolved namepros has been taken over ..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
upload_2019-11-18_8-41-41.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

just like to say, for the record

it's not personal against Rob. it's business
as long as there is compliance, then I don't have any issues

if I follow the posting rules as stated in the forums TOS, then I expect everyone else to abide accordingly.
that's being professional first, and respectful, second.

it's like having manners when you go to somebody else's house.
you show respect for those that are there, in attendance.

to me, it's the principle and in principle, it, the rules, should be adhered to.

I think some are letting their admiration, blind them to such principles and ethics.

as long as they are getting fed a steady diet of this and that, which engages their mind to think within the parameters set forth by the messenger... then they are content, with the content.

but they are failing to see the promotional context, which is the intent of delivery.

in an ideal situation, members should moderate themselves..
however, it's good to see staff speak to this issue and hope they can provide clarity and guidance, as needed.

again, it's not personal, it's business.

imo...
That's whats up.

•••
it's just that sometimes I feel threads are too aggressively moved to the review section. Particuarly when it comes to things so broad like GoDaddy auctions where it literally affects more than 50% of domainers.
All threads about a specific person or company are considered Reviews to us and moved there accordingly, when they come to our attention.

Threads may lose attention in the Reviews section when they are not domain-specific discussions. Otherwise, those threads still appear under Domain Name Discussion, the Overview, New Posts, etc. if they're categorized properly.

What I used to do in my old forum was leave the ones that truly merited global attention .. then after the topic naturally started slowing down I'd move it yet still leave a forward/redirect so it still showed in the index of the original forum .. then I'd cleanup/delete the redirect after the topic dropped off the 1st or 2nd page.
We do that sometimes, but mostly as a result of it not coming to our attention for a few days or weeks. Or being too busy to get to it for a few days. These are low priority matters.

I often times find myself wanting to write about something that is related to something that happened at a particular registrar, but with the focus of my intended discussion to be more about the issue/incident in question as opposed to the particular registrar or domain service .. but I just don't post those anymore because I know they will be moved and effectively mostly collect dust.
Don't mention the company name and it won't be moved. Easy. :)

Thinking about it now, I don't even know where the review section is from the home page .. although I do admit I probably could find it quick if I wanted to
Visit the home page, type Ctrl+F, and then type "Reviews" without the quotes.

Especially about the old friend that left NP because he could see the side bar
It's worth noting that if you decrease the size of your browser window, the sidebar will appear at the very bottom of the page below everything else and be out of sight for the most part. Cc @equity78

•••
I don't have a problem with people explaining solutions to a problem
and in case they offer a product to solve that issue
I have no problem with them explaining it.

For me, it's starting to become controversial
when a problem is invented in order to gain new customers
who didn't know they had that problem

It's not an uncommon strategy.

But when I come across, I feel the urge to interfere.

For example:
I may be uninformed, but for me, Cloudflare is a great company
offering a fantastic service
and when I follow them on twitter
I think those are great people.

Now somebody is coming here promoting an alternative service
and talking about Cloudflare like they are sons of the evil
and implying that somebody is uninformed and naive
when he doesn't recognize it.

For example:
I know nothing about the escrow industry.

But nowadays I get the feeling that I must have been lucky.

I have always finalized my deals at escrow . com
Maybe they had been better in the past.
Maybe they grew and don't have the capacity to please everybody by now.

I hear in this forum, that it is a bad idea to use them
and I hear in this forum that epik has a greater escrow
than anybody, though they are no escrow company in the first place.

I was always fine with DANs escrow and with Sedos escrow too.

Basically I don't have an escrow issue.

For example:

I didn't know I had not enough .orgs in my portfolio

Luckily somebody informed me
how to get them cheaply.

and so on

I get what you are saying especially with Cloudflare, I do think Escrow should be discussed Rob brought to light things behind the scenes people here did not know.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back