Dynadot

new gTLD My ten most recently sold domains - Will continue invest in new gTLDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Ok, my domaining this year has been lame and slow compared with 2016, but these are my most recently sold names (I might have forgot a few):

- Suite .xyz
- Tunis .xyz
- Tenerife .today
- Cargo .xyz
- Parisclick .com
- Iam .blue
- Crowd .tech
- Thaiexpats .com
- Se2 .org
- Rebel .one

Without the new gTLDs, my domaining would go (more or less) bankrupt.

Ok, Obviously short / great .com names are the king of domains (without competition) but I can't afford these at the moment ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how much you make and its outbound sale?

•••
how much you make and its outbound sale?

Various kind of sales. Not that much profit last months. The average price per domain is only about 200-250 dollars. It used to be above $500 per domain for me . But better than nothing.

•••
One more sale and I have also received a few offers the last days.

A little more optimistic again! (y):whistle:

•••
Ok, my domaining this year has been lame and slow compared with 2016, but these are my most recently sold names (I might have forgot a few):

- Suite .xyz
- Tunis .xyz
- Tenerife .today
- Cargo .xyz
- Parisclick .com
- Iam .blue
- Crowd .tech
- Thaiexpats .com
- Se2 .org
- Rebel .one

Without the new gTLDs, my domaining would go (more or less) bankrupt.

Ok, Obviously short / great .com names are the king of domains (without competition) but I can't afford these at the moment ;)

would you say its mostly inbound or outbound? as in, would your domaining also go bankrupt if it were not for outbound? cheers

•••
would you say its mostly inbound or outbound? as in, would your domaining also go bankrupt if it were not for outbound? cheers

More are inbound sales, so it would not. Still the income is remarkable higher than the cost for renewals.

•••
More are inbound sales, so it would not. Still the income is remarkable higher than the cost for renewals.

good for you!

is there any tip or strategy you may want to share or have for other ngtld investors who have but a tiny fraction of your success and generally (as in the majority) fail badly with their ngtlds investments?

most ngtld success story I hear of involve owning huge numbers of domains.. say xyz. or others.. would you say this is also your strategy?

•••
I would say, either:

1. Spend a lot of time searching drops and other lists and do only register the very best ones you'll find.

2. Register lots of names at discounted prices and put up everything up at market places. Do only renew the best one and then continue with the same strategy.

Personally, I prefer strategy 1 as I want more control. But 2 might be more profitable.

•••
I prefer to sell 1 domain for $2K instead of 5 domains x $400...
So in result I get +$2K and -1 domain...

•••
But better than nothing.
This POV looks like "there is the only one buyer in the world on my domains"... even on the very best ones...
For me such decision is very simple: if no adequate budget - bye, next buyer - welcome...

Last edited:
•••
But regarding .xyz I agree...
I don't see 4-figure potential for them.

•••
This POV looks like "there is the only one buyer in the world on my domains"... even on the very best ones...
For me such decision is very simple: if no adequate budget - bye, next buyer - welcome...

Most of my domains will be sold for $xxxx minimum. My keepers.

It is mostly my presumed drops I sell for a low $xxx. Also, if I sell a name for 400, I can use that money to renew 25 BETTER names.

Last edited:
•••
I had up to mid $X,XXX sales (Non-.com) of absolutely average domains... which couldn't be sold on this forum even for 2-3 regfee... Yes, quality is important always, but even more important - seller's skills to do negotiations and his psychology...

Last edited:
•••
I had up to mid $X,XXX sales (Non-.com) of absolutely average domains... which couldn't be sold on this forum even for 2-3 regfee... Yes, quality is important always, but even more important - seller's skills to do negotiations and his psychology...

Sure, but the absolute most important factor has got to be how much total profit you make per year. Mann is selling loads of domains for mostly 5-digits, while Schwartz is selling a few 6 or even 7-digits. Both are doing great.

Ps. I totally agree on the negotiation part. Many of us has a lot to learn there.

Last edited:
•••
They are selling .COMs...
I'm talking about all other TLDs... where 6-figure range is mostly mission impossible.

•••
All names which can be branded or already have potential endusers - might be sold high (if seller is able)... and even within 1-2 years... and without any outbound.

•••
They are selling .COMs...
I'm talking about all other TLDs... where 6-figure range is mostly mission impossible.

Yep, but still the same phenomenon. The total income is what matters, regardless of 500 or just 2 sales per year.

At least for me.

•••
All names which can be branded or already have potential endusers - might be sold high (if seller is able)... and even within 1-2 years... and without any outbound.

That is your perspective. Mine is that you can sell some high, some not so high.

•••
If American student is able to pay $2K for Non-.com domain (after negotiations) - then I don't understand why some domainers can't sell their domains for such money even to companies... and even to medium and big companies.

•••
If American student is able to pay $2K for Non-.com domain (after negotiations) - then I don't understand why some domainers can't sell their domains for such money even to companies... and even to medium and big companies.

I just got a 100 dollar offer for Tip .xyz, that I have listed for $1900. :xf.eek: I didn't even bother to answer. There are so many different people and minds out there.

•••
Thaiexpats dot com is a very good domain ..

•••
I can give you a true example. I had pypi.org , bought from the droops. A few months later, I found out that python, the programming language wanted to launch a software called pypi, them using .org for python, was normal that they wanted the same for the software. So, I've just waited and after two months I received an offer through sedo for 200$ for pypi.org, I countered with 2,8k, but nothing. After one more month I've received another offer from them through my email, saying that 500$ it's the best they could do...I've asked again 2,8k and they have said that they had a meeting and 500$ is the most they could pay. After a few other messages back and forth we agreed that we were to far away, them 500$ me 2,8k, and that was it. After another 4 months, I've checked what's happening with them and on their website they were announcing that they will launch their new software on pypi.io and I've checked and it was already partially working, but not finished. I've contacted them, sending them two emails which I've received on pypi.org regarding their new software pypi and some traffic details coming from them. They said they are ready to buy it at any time, they spend millions in a year, but the financial department said they can't pay more than 500$. So, knowing that there will not be another big customer, I sold it for 500$. I don't think that somebody could have done more, just maybe to wait a few years, but in the meantime everybody would have been used to pypi.io and maybe that they will not needed it so much anymore.

Last edited:
•••
My example with student is also true.

•••
I believe you, but depends who's the student and how he makes the money, if you receive the money from your parents or you have hit the jackpot with a software making millions is easy to pay 2k. For example, I have three .com domain with keyword group for which I'm in discussions at the moment. An exporting company from Europe, a transport company and a bank in Africa, dealing in 7 countries and a few thousands employees. With the bank probably it will go easier, but the other two it's hard to make them pay between 2 and 3k, and this is after 2 months already: they don't have enough money, they need to discuss, how much discount I can do, things like this, and they have 500+ employees.

Last edited:
•••
This student said me that $2K was all his savings in bank...
His 1st offer was $500.

Last edited:
•••
Back