Dynadot

new gTLD My ten most recently sold domains - Will continue invest in new gTLDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Ok, my domaining this year has been lame and slow compared with 2016, but these are my most recently sold names (I might have forgot a few):

- Suite .xyz
- Tunis .xyz
- Tenerife .today
- Cargo .xyz
- Parisclick .com
- Iam .blue
- Crowd .tech
- Thaiexpats .com
- Se2 .org
- Rebel .one

Without the new gTLDs, my domaining would go (more or less) bankrupt.

Ok, Obviously short / great .com names are the king of domains (without competition) but I can't afford these at the moment ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
what is your domain buying or registering stagy and selling. Any keyword idea.

•••
Last two weeks has been the best for me, for a LONG time.

Maybe PARTLY because the summer is over in many places of the world??!

•••
Thanks guys for all interesting comments and nice words! I appreciate it!

•••
Which is the good market to sell those 100-200 usd names?
And do you use auction often?

•••
But regarding .xyz I agree...
I don't see 4-figure potential for them.

I think it's a shame that XYZ went for the "all things to all people, we're the next dot-COM" style marketing strategy - I guess it's easy to be wise with hindsight, but I think they would have been better off selecting a niche and targeting it.

I think the <yourname>.XYZ aimed at millennials had some merit.

•••
Several xxxx sales this month. New gTLDs rules (again :-P :xf.wink:).

•••
I have some new gTLDs hand regged. Will you be able to share where you market your names?

•••
I have some new gTLDs hand regged. Will you be able to share where you market your names?

Sure:

1. My own landing pages (example: www.tri.one)
2. Afternic, Sedo and Uniregistry market

•••
Congrats!

Unfortunately, nothing for me regarding nTLDs since June... just very rare and lowball offers...

•••
Congrats!

Unfortunately, nothing for me regarding nTLDs since June... just very rare and lowball offers...

I hope you'll have some better "luck" from now!

•••
I can give you a true example. I had pypi.org , bought from the droops. A few months later, I found out that python, the programming language wanted to launch a software called pypi, them using .org for python, was normal that they wanted the same for the software. So, I've just waited and after two months I received an offer through sedo for 200$ for pypi.org, I countered with 2,8k, but nothing. After one more month I've received another offer from them through my email, saying that 500$ it's the best they could do...I've asked again 2,8k and they have said that they had a meeting and 500$ is the most they could pay. After a few other messages back and forth we agreed that we were to far away, them 500$ me 2,8k, and that was it. After another 4 months, I've checked what's happening with them and on their website they were announcing that they will launch their new software on pypi.io and I've checked and it was already partially working, but not finished. I've contacted them, sending them two emails which I've received on pypi.org regarding their new software pypi and some traffic details coming from them. They said they are ready to buy it at any time, they spend millions in a year, but the financial department said they can't pay more than 500$. So, knowing that there will not be another big customer, I sold it for 500$. I don't think that somebody could have done more, just maybe to wait a few years, but in the meantime everybody would have been used to pypi.io and maybe that they will not needed it so much anymore.

As someone who works in Finance / Accounting, this may be what you were told but as I have mentioned on other threads, real companies spend serious money on marketing, IT projects and all kinds of normal business expenditures. I have invoices on my desk totaling millions of dollars. It is possible the decision maker does not value domains very highly and did not want to spend more than X on a domain. Could they afford to pay more than $500? Certainly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back