IT.COM

news My First Sale at NamePros!!

NameSilo
Watch

Miguel Ferreira

Established Member
Impact
I'd just like to make a disclaimer starting this thread: I'm in NO way shape or form a member of this forum that you probably know or even should know but I'm very interested in being in this industry and bringing as much value to it as I can, that's why I'm sharing this "win".

So I'd just like to announce that I've sold my first domain here. As you can see from my profile (if you want) I've only just recently become a part of the family, but thank you all for the warming welcome, much appreciated...

I'm at a point where my portfolio (of 5 domains now LOL) seemed to need a little extra something so I decided to get rid of my 5L Domain (dot com)...

I had picked it up (it was expired) thinking it could be a good investment a few months ago and I wanted to see what happened whit an auction here:

So I've listed this 5L (SPLKA) and I'm glad to announce that I've sold it for a whopping $1 :laugh: - to its highest bidder!

While I'm obviously at a clear loss when it comes to money, I've learned that I should be careful when starting an auction with NO Reserve and that I should read the rules about the winning bid has to take the domain (if it's not stated otherwise it's within 72 hours, and obviously I didn't state otherwise LOL)...

So there you go guys: my first successful deal right here at NamePros has just been pushed. Hope the new owner enjoys it and that I can inspire you (or not :alien3:).

Keep making deals happen. My Best Regards to you all :-$

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats, your first $1 dollar in the biz.
fdf_twitter.jpg

Frame it. :)

•••
congrats. don't spend it all at once! :$:

how much is it after paypal fees? ;)

•••
Thanks for sharing your story mate. May you close big $$$$ deals in the future. But there's one friendly advice, do not stop reading and learning about this industry if you want to succeed.

Best.

•••
Congrats, your first $1 dollar in the biz.
fdf_twitter.jpg

Frame it. :)

Thanks :) I'll try but I'm not sure I'll be able to frame the amount I'll receive after fees LOOOL

In all honesty, I'm learning, that's what I have to focus on now :)

•••
Congrats on your first sale though a formality.

•••
congrats. don't spend it all at once! :$:

how much is it after paypal fees? ;)

I'm trying to plan my next move with the money... So many options you know? :D

It seems the buyer decided to pay the fees himself which worked out fine I guess :D

•••
Thanks for sharing your story mate. May you close big $$$$ deals in the future. But there's one friendly advice, do not stop reading and learning about this industry if you want to succeed.

Best.

I'm trying to enjoy the ride while learning and building the things that I want. If my story ends up motivating/helping someone even better :)

Hope you'll also close great $$$$ deals too.

I won't stop, I can't, I'm too passionate :D

Regards Mate

•••
Congrats on your first sale though a formality.

I believe in rules and how they help to shape a better community and ultimately a fair future for whatever they apply to. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you I'm happy to loose the $9 Investment for it but hey It's my fault I haven't noticed that at all.

Also, I needed to see for myself how this whole namepros auction thing worked, and It's not my market... Better figure it out with a $9 loss than later with a higher investment/project/domain/whatever :)

Regards

•••

I believe in rules and how they help to shape a better community and ultimately a fair future for whatever they apply to. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you I'm happy to loose the $9 Investment for it but hey It's my fault I haven't noticed that at all.

Also, I needed to see for myself how this whole namepros auction thing worked, and It's not my market... Better figure it out with a $9 loss than later with a higher investment/project/domain/whatever :)

Regards

Actually I think putting your domain name in auctions can be exciting.This time you ended up getting 1 $ maybe next time it might be 200$ or more,who knows.This is the way auctions work.Good luck !

Regards.

•••
Actually I think putting your domain name in auctions can be exciting.This time you ended up getting 1 $ maybe next time it might be 200$ or more,who knows.This is the way auctions work.Good luck !

Regards.

I totally agree with you. With that said, I don't thin I have enough knowledge about this market (yet) so I'll probably need to make better investment choices first and learn how to properly evaluate them before taking the risk :)

Thanks and good luck to you too!

•••
•••
Congrats. Now get out while you still can!! J/K

Above all, you have demonstrated honesty and integrity, if not lightheartedness, in your first sale. This is worth more than any dollar amount. Keep it up.

•••
Congrats on your learning experience!

.67 Cents!

IMG_0037-1024x768.jpg

Thanks :D Actually the buyer lost his mind and paid for the fees. Cool right? :P

Now I'm able to frame the bill :)

•••
Congrats. Now get out while you still can!! J/K

Above all, you have demonstrated honesty and integrity, if not lightheartedness, in your first sale. This is worth more than any dollar amount. Keep it up.

It's not easy to accept that you've made a mistake and that you'll pay for it (even that it's a 9$ mistake, one can always keep counting it as a loss). And yeah I understand that being "the internet" I could have just said: "f*** it I'm out" but, why do that?

I wouldn't have learned anything, I had to stop using this account (which has some personal data and my introduction that was really cool to make) and basically do something that "isn't me" so yeah, this is probably the first of (I hope not) many mistakes that costed me and the most well earned dollar both in learning and being honest and true to myself :)

Regards :D

•••
•••
•••
Congrats and Enjoy the great platform.

•••
Congrats! One step at a time. B-) :$:

•••
You win some and you lose some.. now get to winning!

•••
I kind of think you got Hulka'ed on Splka. But no matter, you gotta start somewhere!

Don't sell yourself short. You will go far!

•••
•••
Congrats! One step at a time. B-) :$:

Thanks! It'll sound cheesy but "Rome wasn't built in one day", right?

I keep thinking 1 is better than 0. (Not just for the $$ but for every result) :D

•••
You win some and you lose some... now get to winning!

True to that, that's my game plan :P

Probably it's not the last time I'll make mistakes but I'll be much more careful now, at least that :)

•••
I kind of think you got Hulka'ed on Splka. But no matter, you gotta start somewhere!

Don't sell yourself short. You will go far!

Thanks (there's a reference to remember :) )!!!

As you said, I need to start somewhere and I def. learned to value a bit more my portfolio and take care of it differently.

I won't. And I will try to go as far as possible, you can trust that! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back