Domain Empire

news My First Sale at NamePros!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Miguel Ferreira

Established Member
Impact
I'd just like to make a disclaimer starting this thread: I'm in NO way shape or form a member of this forum that you probably know or even should know but I'm very interested in being in this industry and bringing as much value to it as I can, that's why I'm sharing this "win".

So I'd just like to announce that I've sold my first domain here. As you can see from my profile (if you want) I've only just recently become a part of the family, but thank you all for the warming welcome, much appreciated...

I'm at a point where my portfolio (of 5 domains now LOL) seemed to need a little extra something so I decided to get rid of my 5L Domain (dot com)...

I had picked it up (it was expired) thinking it could be a good investment a few months ago and I wanted to see what happened whit an auction here:

So I've listed this 5L (SPLKA) and I'm glad to announce that I've sold it for a whopping $1 :laugh: - to its highest bidder!

While I'm obviously at a clear loss when it comes to money, I've learned that I should be careful when starting an auction with NO Reserve and that I should read the rules about the winning bid has to take the domain (if it's not stated otherwise it's within 72 hours, and obviously I didn't state otherwise LOL)...

So there you go guys: my first successful deal right here at NamePros has just been pushed. Hope the new owner enjoys it and that I can inspire you (or not :alien3:).

Keep making deals happen. My Best Regards to you all :-$

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations and Good Luck!
Yes, In Auctions the start bid is reserve.

•••
Congratulations and Good Luck!
Yes, In Auctions the start bid is reserve.

Thank you, you too!

To be honest, I wasn't worried about the reserve, I even "advertised" No reserve...

I just didn't know every bid was final in a 72 hour period after the final bid (if it isn't stated otherwise) and that I needed to end the auction even with just 1 Bid.... Totally my fault.

Plus, since it was a 5L dot com, I thought this was the right market to sell it to and never expected there was only going to be one bid.

You live and learn :)

•••
•••
•••
congrats and welcome to NP, that's what we do, sometimes lucky, sometime loss.
Here we can learn and share each other.

•••
Congrats and Enjoy of your first income.

•••
congrats and welcome to NP, that's what we do, sometimes lucky, sometime loss.
Here we can learn and share each other.

Thanks :). I'm refining my strategy and hopefully, with everything, I'll learn here I'll be able to be "more lucky" than have more losses :)

Regards

•••
Congrats and Enjoy of your first income.

Thanks :) I think I'll probably get a piggy bank and put this money there! ahah :)

I'll keep trying and keep going until I get to better results.

Wish you all the best deals too :D

Regards

•••
Logged out and again logged in to comment here...

Congrats! @Miguel Ferreira

My first one I gave it away for free here ..... (started with 0$ ) :laugh:

•••
•••
Thanks! @guru4444 ...

That's a story that I think we would all like to hear! How did it happen? :)

hahaha....

I just wanted to sell that domain and I know that domain is worthless (it is a typo)
so I posted here as a start 0$ and increment 1$..
and it went for 0...:D

•••
hahaha....

I just wanted to sell that domain and I know that domain is worthless (it is a typo)
so I posted here as a start 0$ and increment 1$..
and it went for 0...:D

UAU, Thanks for sharing that...

I'm speechless but hey: living and learning right? It's part of the journey right? :D

I'm certain that there are a lot of people in the industry that has had or seen it all... Not even including scams and all that.

Hope you're on a much better path right now :P

•••
Great story from the OP ! Maybe you might have hoped for a little more but no worries.

I hope your next sale earns you a profit.

Get the beers in.

Maybe not :laugh:

Best,
Paul

•••
•••
Great story from the OP ! Maybe you might have hoped for a little more but no worries.

I hope your next sale earns you a profit.

Get the beers in.

Maybe not :laugh:

Best,
Paul

Thanks, @Paul123. Believe it or not, I thought the domain was quite valuable like in the mid hundreds at least.

I was under the impression that my domain was a "killer" one and that I got lucky to have picked it up when it expired, especially because it was a 5L... LOL

I still have a long way to go I guess LOOL

Best Regards :)

•••
•••
5l.com are great

but you won't sell them here
for profit

try to list them at brandbucket

•••
5l.com are great

but you won't sell them here
for profit

try to list them at brandbucket

Thanks for the heads up @frank-germany If only I knew that before listing it up :P

To be honest I was under the impression I would be able to sell it fast here and even if I didn't make a profit, I'd learn from the experience and cut on the upfront expense of listing the domain and having to wait...

Like you said a 5L is great so everyone would want it, right? Or so I thought :P

•••
•••
Appreciate you are being genuine and honest about yourself. Obviously loosing $8 will return back to you as $888 worth experience. Most of us lost money in the beginning, just keep trying until you find the right solution..

•••
My first sale in 1999 was what got me interested in domaining, in fact my first domain registration was still my highest grossing sale to date (3 letter.com). As I have found out, you never know what domain in your portfolio has the potential to sell for a bunch of "moola".

Congrats on the sale, even if it was just $1 and still cost you more in the end for the initial reg fee :D

•••
•••
Appreciate you are being genuine and honest about yourself. Obviously loosing $8 will return back to you as $888 worth experience. Most of us lost money in the beginning, just keep trying until you find the right solution..

Thank you. Happy you recognize that! :)

I don't have a reason to not be, you know? I paid close attention to some of the best in the industries I'm passionate about (web dev/design/domain investing/amongst other) and some of the people that I look up to and all of them aren't afraid to be who they really are and expose themselves to the world. So I went for it too you know?

I'm in the process of building my dreams, so IF I'm not honest and genuine about it who else do I want to be? I was raised with the mentality to treat others like you want them to treat you, so It's easy for me you know?

This is not a rant by any means It's just an in-depth perception of who I am both as a person and who I want to be as a businessman :)

I've taken a hit of $8 that I'm getting back in positive energy and synergy from this forum, that's wayyy more important to me :)

I'll keep going and keep trying to minimise my mistakes for sure :)

Best regards :D

•••
My first sale in 1999 was what got me interested in domaining, in fact my first domain registration was still my highest grossing sale to date (3 letter.com). As I have found out, you never know what domain in your portfolio has the potential to sell for a bunch of "moola".

Congrats on the sale, even if it was just $1 and still cost you more in the end for the initial reg fee :D

Thanks :) - It definitely cost me more than the reg fee (I'm down around $8 in this deal thanks to GD coupons :P ahaha)...

1999 was around the year I got my first computer. Internet wasn't even a concept I understood.... (Does this mean we're all grown up now? :P)

That sounds like a great deal :) Would you mind sharing some numbers to kill my curiosity? :P

I'm keeping up with it for sure. It's a journey and I just need to keep going :) "moola" will eventually appear...

Regards :)

•••
I'd just like to make a disclaimer starting this thread: I'm in NO way shape or form a member of this forum that you probably know or even should know but I'm very interested in being in this industry and bringing as much value to it as I can, that's why I'm sharing this "win".

So I'd just like to announce that I've sold my first domain here. As you can see from my profile (if you want) I've only just recently become a part of the family, but thank you all for the warming welcome, much appreciated...

I'm at a point where my portfolio (of 5 domains now LOL) seemed to need a little extra something so I decided to get rid of my 5L Domain (dot com)...

I had picked it up (it was expired) thinking it could be a good investment a few months ago and I wanted to see what happened whit an auction here:

So I've listed this 5L (SPLKA) and I'm glad to announce that I've sold it for a whopping $1 :laugh: - to its highest bidder!

While I'm obviously at a clear loss when it comes to money, I've learned that I should be careful when starting an auction with NO Reserve and that I should read the rules about the winning bid has to take the domain (if it's not stated otherwise it's within 72 hours, and obviously I didn't state otherwise LOL)...

So there you go guys: my first successful deal right here at NamePros has just been pushed. Hope the new owner enjoys it and that I can inspire you (or not :alien3:).

Keep making deals happen. My Best Regards to you all :-$

i have yet to make a sale but have just found 3 x 5 letter .com's {brandable} which if i decide to buy them will cost me £30 total i suppose

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back