Dynadot

news My first $x,xxx sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainingIsFun

Established Member
Impact
I'm so happy. I want to tell everyone, but everybody I know doesn't care about domains. So I came here.

I've had 2 $xxx sales. They were great and kept me going. Both were on flippa, one via auction won, and the second fell into my lap by chatting up an $xx auction winner. Both of them were $69/$79 namejet names.

On this last sale, I was catching namejet names (one of my favorite places) based on a little more research than I had been doing. I've been playing fast and loose like most beginners (from what I hear) and long story short I now have a huge list of names I'll probably let drop. But I've began buying much more conservatively lately and I found this name on namejet I really liked, got it for $79. I figured brand bucket would accept it but they didn't. So I listed on flippa, with $xxx minimum offer $xxxx BIN and recently converted it to an auction. Set a low reserve and $xxxx BIN and it still ended up not selling, so I relisted, at the same figures but 30 days instead of 7. With $1 bid on it, after 6 days, someone bought it for BIN.

I'm ecstatic and much more focused now. I had my doubts about domaining but I think I've finally got the right idea. Don't get discouraged and if there's value there, you'll get it.

Namepros has been really helpful and to other beginners, listen to these guys. They know how to do it. Imitate success. Yay domaining!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats, mind sharing the domain?

•••
•••
Congrats, hopefully more to come soon!

•••
Thanks guys I'm not sure if I should share because I'm unsure of the buyers intentions for the domain.

•••
Congrats, that was a fast and profitable flip!

•••
•••
Okay, I will Imitate success :xf.wink: Congrats to you and me.
Bcuz this showed me It's possible ..Yay it's reachable.

•••
Okay, I will Imitate success :xf.wink: Congrats to you and me.
Bcuz this showed me It's possible ..Yay it's reachable.

I am by no means the success. But I believe I'm on the way :) My best advice is make sure you are certain you are buying something valuable before buying, then buy it for as little as possible because every $1 you spend on a domain is $1 potential loss.

•••
Well done mate, 2017 sart amazingly good :)

•••
I've always said that domain names represent dreams. To get the best price you have to find someone with that dream, and build it in his mind. That's easy to say, but I still haven't worked out the best way to attach a dream to a name. :)

•••
you don't need to attach a dream to a domain

a good example i suppose is fb

to have bought Facebook dot com
etc a person must have realised that eventually there would be a website full of faces eg face book and bought the perfect .com of the domain that reflects the idea / dream - eventually someone else will have that same idea dream/ vision / dream etc and will type in your domain and find that it has been bought which leaves them with the choice of choosing another domain or giving up on that dream or making you an offer for your domain

•••
Congratulation for your nice sell buddy. It certainly encourages everyone, especially newbie like me..
But, something that bother me, all of domains that I like always has reserved price of >$1000 on Namejet lol. Your post open my eyes that there are still names there priced $69 that actually can sell for $x,xxx

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations! ...and many more!

•••
I'm so happy. I want to tell everyone, but everybody I know doesn't care about domains. So I came here.

Namepros has been really helpful and to other beginners, listen to these guys. They know how to do it. Imitate success. Yay domaining!

My best advice is make sure you are certain you are buying something valuable before buying, then buy it for as little as possible because every $1 you spend on a domain is $1 potential loss.

Great Job @DomainingIsFun !

Not only a wonderful sale but really solid advice as well! Thanks for sharing your success story.

And oh yeah, non-domainers so totally do not get it : rolleyes :

•••
Congrats bro, Hope many more come your way.

Thanks for sharing!

•••
Well done @DomainingIsFun

Congrats on an excellent sale and good job on finding a "winner" and for keeping at it.

Hope this is 1 sale from many many more to come in future! :)

All the best...

•••
Congratulation for your nice sell buddy. It certainly encourages everyone, especially newbie like me..
But, something that bother me, all of domains that I like always has reserved price of >$1000 on Namejet lol. Your post open my eyes that there are still names there priced $69 that actually can sell for $x,xxx
It really depends on the source of your domains. If you get them through one of the many registrars partnered with Namejet, you'll usually find there to be no reserve. If you're buying directly off a domainer, reserves will be a lot more common because people like using Namejet as a marketing platform for their category killers (and Namejet obviously loves the hype and traffic that comes with that).

I personally love using Namejet to liquidate and consolidate parts of my portfolio that no longer fit within my margins and business plan. The kind of $xxx name that doesn't have the heavyweight type in traffic that higher end domains have, and that's really just too much of a hassle to flip on forums or send to spotlight auctions for what it'll eventually pay. With some luck, even a no reserve $69,- liquidation listing on Namejet can bag $x,xxx numbers for such names - if bidders get emotional!

•••

Yes many of the good ones have reserves but there's still a lot of good ones that don't. A good strategy is to find you one that you want and bookmark it. Don't bid until right before it ends, once you bid it's easier for your competition to find it too!

•••
•••
So I listed on flippa, with $xxx minimum offer $xxxx BIN and recently converted it to an auction. Set a low reserve and $xxxx BIN and it still ended up not selling, so I relisted, at the same figures but 30 days instead of 7. With $1 bid on it, after 6 days, someone bought it for BIN.

That's a golden nugget there. I've also been told to list for 30 days instead of 7. (y)

•••
That's a golden nugget there. I've also been told to list for 30 days instead of 7. (y)
Forgot to mention... I've also been told to start at $1 with no reserve set.... this part scares me. That's a huge gamble.

•••
I set a reserve personally but I'll typically disclose it to whoever requests

•••
•••
Congrats!

Well done!

Just what we all want to hear.

Keep it up!!!!!

•••
Back