discuss My first SquadHelp sale experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bohdan

Top Member
Impact
upload_2020-9-9_19-27-55.png

Hi folks,
So finally, after almost 2 weeks of waiting I have received funds from my first sale with SquadHelp. Let's break it down all the pros and cons.
Before this sale, I only had a couple of offers on different names.
The sale happened on August, 27th. The first offer was $1800 and then the buyer went cold. 2 weeks later after the negotiations with the sales team buyer eventually hit BIN, although my floor price was $2K. Was it because of the salesmen's work? Who knows.
Anyway, long story short, after the sale, I just waited for the buyer's transfer instructions, which took almost 2 weeks. And eventually I've transferred the domain to their escrow account. Why not do that from the very beginning? And honestly, It was a bit stressful to wait for so long. In the end, the SH team sent me their wrong Name.com account number to transfer the domain. My luck that the account number was not valid. So, finally, I transferred the domain to their escrow account and received my funds.
Also, I'm sharing my stats, which is a bit different from the average on the marketplace.
Thanks!
upload_2020-9-9_21-56-31.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, that is a long time to wait during escrow.They should have a deadline of sorts, like maybe 7 days, to expedite the process both for the buyer and seller, and seems like you dodged a big bullet with the wrong a/c number being invalid, there's a whole lot of unfavorable possibilities there.

Also i don't think there's a strong correlation between shortlists and chances of a domain sale.
Even though shortlists do convey interest, they seem to be more like bookmarks in a browser, pages you save but, might or might not visit anytime soon.
And of course, shortlists tend to keep the sellers hopeful and anchored, by reassuring them that there is consistent interest for heir domain

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Even though I'm testing out other marketplaces now...nowhere beats DAN. Once the sale is made..it's onto payment and fast transfer. Before you know it, you have your funds in a day or two. They are not perfect, but i give them props for their speed. 2 weeks is unacceptable to me.

•••
•••
Back