NameSilo

Moniker TRAFFIC East Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone have any news on this auction which is underway?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eieio said:
I am the proud buyer of one of those underpriced domains there ;) i think it was a buyers auction to be honest.

Congrats, how many bids did your name get?

I suppose a sale is a sale but most definitely low prices in comparison to a year or so ago.

Looks like sub prime has hit domains for the time being. :gl:

•••
sorry won't tell you what name i bought, just that i bought one of them

•••
eieio said:
sorry won't tell you what name i bought, just that i bought one of them

I see, you bought one. It appeared that you were the owner who sold one.

How many bids did you make :?

•••
•••
Thanks for posting the live auction results mahadeva. :)

•••
Depends what you mean by under-priced. Take Dot Mobis. If the current trend is conclusive then they are still over-priced. It is a Hero or Zero scenario.

•••
Current bid list:

mensbodywash.com 1 bid $890.00 5 days
healthproductsonline.com 1 $480.00 5 days
ukmortgagequotes.com 1 $200.00 5 days
saskatoon.net 3 $160.00 5 days
epicure.net 1 $100.00 5 days
hollering.com 1$100.00 5 days
janeiro.com 1$ 100.00 5 days

•••
E-Thunder said:
Thanks for posting the live auction results mahadeva. :)

You are welcome!

•••
The auction this time was a FLOP really.

Israel.com didn't sell even after the big press release in the Jerusalem Post and other media.

•••
randomo said:
Current bid list:

mensbodywash.com 1 bid $890.00 5 days
healthproductsonline.com 1 $480.00 5 days
ukmortgagequotes.com 1 $200.00 5 days
saskatoon.net 3 $160.00 5 days
epicure.net 1 $100.00 5 days
hollering.com 1$100.00 5 days
janeiro.com 1$ 100.00 5 days

Any new bids in the silent auction? :)

•••
Here is the latest update:

Watch Title Bids Type Bid Ends
mensbodywash.com 1 $ 890.00 3 days
healthproductsonline.com 1 $ 480.00 3 days
ukmortgagequotes.com 1 $ 200.00 3 days
saskatoon.net 3 $ 160.00 3 days
janeiro.com 2 $ 121.00 3 days
hollering.com 1 $ 100.00 3 days
epicure.net 1 $ 100.00 3 days

•••
•••
no other bids yet as of this posting...

•••
Latest Update (Tuesday, 11:55 AM PST):

Watch Title Bids Type Bid Ends
mensbodywash.com 1 $ 890.00 2 days
healthproductsonline.com 1 $ 480.00 2 days
ukmortgagequotes.com 1 $ 200.00 2 days
saskatoon.net 5 $ 198.00 2 days
janeiro.com 2 $ 121.00 2 days
hollering.com 1 $ 100.00 2 days
epicure.net 1 $ 100.00 2 days

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Looks like Saskatoon.net has some active bidding.

•••
Poor show at the moment with only seven domains receiving bids in the silent. Let's hope there is more action nearer to the end!

•••
Moniker just called me and told me that the domain I purchased in the LIVE AUCTION was not authorized by the seller and was not supposed to be auctioned. :(

•••
Rubber Duck said:
Depends what you mean by under-priced. Take Dot Mobis. If the current trend is conclusive then they are still over-priced. It is a Hero or Zero scenario.

Agreed.
Reviewing the handful ... and based on prior hype and unsubstantiated hysteria ... severely mediocre - to - lackluster "sales" of "dot Mobeys" to Usual Suspect™ domainers (versus actual End users) here at the recent Traffic, the future is not at all promising when you combine this market reality with the facts that mTLD has done nothing to enforce the mandated development requirements and has clearly abandoned the RFP process! Literally 1,000's of undeveloped .MOBI's are still languishing in the hands of m(oney)TLD, the extension's very DIFFICULT task to brand its awkward and unnatural four-lettered / two-syllabled nature, and complete - I mean, 100% - LACK of corporate adoption of its most generic (non ™) terms ... I'd say these prices continue to tumble significantly through September, 2008 and beyond IMHO. :guilty:

Just my two sense. :imho:

eieio said:
Moniker just called me and told me that the domain I purchased in the LIVE AUCTION was not authorized by the seller and was not supposed to be auctioned. :(

Ouch! :tri:

Seller's :$: remorse? :red:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Len said:
Poor show at the moment with only seven domains receiving bids in the silent. Let's hope there is more action nearer to the end!

I hope so! The last Traffic silent auction in Las Vegas seemed to have most bids come in the night before or morning the auction ended.

•••
there's an incredible name there that i wish i had gotten! i really should have paid more attention to this auction, dammit. :P

•••
Jeff said:
Agreed.
Reviewing the handful ... and based on prior hype and unsubstantiated hysteria ... severely mediocre - to - lackluster "sales" of "dot Mobeys" to Usual Suspect™ domainers (versus actual End users) here at the recent Traffic, the future is not at all promising when you combine this market reality with the facts that mTLD has done nothing to enforce the mandated development requirements and has clearly abandoned the RFP process! Literally 1,000's of undeveloped .MOBI's are still languishing in the hands of m(oney)TLD, the extension's very DIFFICULT task to brand its awkward and unnatural four-lettered / two-syllabled nature, and complete - I mean, 100% - LACK of corporate adoption of its most generic (non ™) terms ... I'd say these prices continue to tumble significantly through September, 2008 and beyond IMHO. :guilty:
Wow, more "dot mobey" bashing by the Usual Suspect™. surprise surprise. :| :snaphappy:

Thanks everyone for the bidding updates. Snipe bidders are poised no doubt, watch the final minutes as usual.

•••
Jeff said:
Ouch! :tri:

Seller's :$: remorse? :red:

-Jeff B-)

They said the seller did not agree to the authorization to sell or something like that, they said it was just a general mistake. Not sure exactly.

•••
Jeff said:
Agreed.

Just my two sense. :imho:

Where does it say that mTLD has abandoned the RFP process? I know of one issued several weeks ago. This whole post has been addressed already. They are working on a sensible way to enforce noncompliance, not some knee-jerk reaction.

•••
eieio said:
They said the seller did not agree to the authorization to sell or something like that, they said it was just a general mistake. Not sure exactly.

Hopefully you'll receive prompt clarification -and- resolution on this matter! :gl: :imho:
All the best, and please keep us posted ... :talk:

coast said:
They are working on a sensible way to enforce noncompliance, not some knee-jerk reaction.

This is something that should have been well thought out ahead of time, IMHO. :guilty:
To me, it's more clear each and every day that mTLD is in this thing for the greed :$: MONEY only ... and at the expense of actual developments, "ecosystem", and promotions! :tri: :imho:

Acquisitions of these "dot Mobey" domains at the event - getting back on the topic of Traffic - amongst Usual Suspect "dot Mobey" domainers / handful of regular traders bidding each other up is hardly - SADLY - forward progess, in my view. :red: :snaphappy:

Best of Luck.
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
It is not even worth it to answer this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back