Dynadot

Moniker recommending Hostgator

NameSilo
Watch
Got a spammy email from Moniker today with an ad for Hostgator.

Not that I ever hosted with Moniker, but it looks like they are getting out of the hosting business and just doing domains only.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally I never knew Moniker had web hosting. Perhaps not many people took advantage of it. But after looking at their website, it appears to me their hosting section has a gator on it and has a link that redirects you to hostgator. So it seems this is accurate. :)

•••
It wouldn't surprise me if this is a cost-saving measure. Doesn't make sense to maintain hosting servers if you don't have many customers for it.

By recommending HG, they are at least still making some $ from the affiliate revenue.

•••
Did they ever do their own hosting? I don't recall but it could be just an affiliate thing.

•••
Hmm, maybe they didn't. I just assumed that all registrars had a hosting division. Did some digging, turns out that they used to refer webhosting to a company called CoolHandle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back