Dynadot

eNom / Hostgator problems

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I opened a reseller account with Hostgator and it included an account with eNom where I've been registering domains.

The domains I register with eNom are in my name and have got nothing at all to do with hostgator. All my domains are set to auto renew and my card details are correct and work with all new registrations.

Today I received an e-mail saying I had to renew a domain and my card hadn't worked so I had to click a link in the e-mail and update my card details.

I thought it was a spoof because I was under the impression that nobody should ever click a link in an e-mail and give their card details at the linked site. The link points to Hostgator but it's redirected to some other site that I've never seen in my life called registryrocket.com. The price there is $15 per year!!!

Hostgator chat said it wasn't a spoof and I should log in and update my details.

I've never seen that site before and it woiuldn't let me log in with my Hostgator details so now they've created an invoice for $15.

Is this normal?

How have Hostgator been given control of my domains that are registered with eNom? I can't afford to start paying $15 for them all.

I've opened a support ticket with eNom but they haven't replied to it.

Does everybody have this trouble? Surely the auto renew setting should do just that, it should auto renew the domains at eNom, not Hostgator.

Do they just let all domains expire?

I can't go through hours of e-mailing and chat windows every time a domain needs renewing, I want them to auto renew.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
your enom account, is it reseller or retail ? when you login, are you redirected to enomcentral.com or enom.com?
about R-Rocket http://www.enom.com/resellers/registryrocket.asp
Registry Rocket basically is an enom reseller/ETP (eNom Technology Partnet) (in this case is hostgator) interface to sell domain names (like a storefront). It is used by enom reseller who don't want to create their own online store by using enom's API.

btw, to avoid paying $15 for your domain, just create an account with namepros $8.95 pricing
http://www.namepros.com/enomsignup.php
then push your domains there, then renew it for $8.95

CoolMark said:
I opened a reseller account with Hostgator and it included an account with eNom where I've been registering domains.

The domains I register with eNom are in my name and have got nothing at all to do with hostgator. All my domains are set to auto renew and my card details are correct and work with all new registrations.

Today I received an e-mail saying I had to renew a domain and my card hadn't worked so I had to click a link in the e-mail and update my card details.

I thought it was a spoof because I was under the impression that nobody should ever click a link in an e-mail and give their card details at the linked site. The link points to Hostgator but it's redirected to some other site that I've never seen in my life called registryrocket.com. The price there is $15 per year!!!

Hostgator chat said it wasn't a spoof and I should log in and update my details.

I've never seen that site before and it woiuldn't let me log in with my Hostgator details so now they've created an invoice for $15.

Is this normal?

How have Hostgator been given control of my domains that are registered with eNom? I can't afford to start paying $15 for them all.

I've opened a support ticket with eNom but they haven't replied to it.

Does everybody have this trouble? Surely the auto renew setting should do just that, it should auto renew the domains at eNom, not Hostgator.

Do they just let all domains expire?

I can't go through hours of e-mailing and chat windows every time a domain needs renewing, I want them to auto renew.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with hostgator and enome. Auto renewal prevents domain names from accidentally expiring and you from losing control of your web site, but here I think your problem is auto renewal. I think the fault was in enome. I never heard about registryrocket.com

I would suggest you to contact enome directly through phone and ask them to give the explanation

What about hostgator, they also didnt give you the explanation ?.
Sure, there was a link between enome and registryrocket.com
So for the safety of your domain.....You can search another service provider thats my advice

Last edited:
•••
It's a pity to read about your poor experience with those big compnies. Do you want to change them for anything different?

•••
I think its very wrong that HostGator charge crazy prices, just to get more money out of you.

Another reason why hosting services and domains should never be mixed.

You could perhaps try to transfer the domains?

•••
Thanks for your replies.

My enom account is a reseller account and it goes to enomcentral.com but I think the problem is that it was opened when I opened a Hostgator reseller account. I got a Hostgator related user name. I pay $8.95 for domains from eNom.

The only response from Hostgator was an e-mail telling me that they've manually created an invoice for $15.

eNom responded saying that it was because there was no CVV2 in my details. That's the security number on the back of the card. It was in there but not visible so I put it in again and it still wasn't visible, but they say they can see it so they will take the payment the next time that their credit card processor runs. I think the payment has been taken by now.

The card always works when I buy domains so I don't know what's wrong with them.

I won't pay the Hostgator invoice, I didn't buy the domain from them and I wouldn't pay that much anyway. It's nothing to do with them.

I like eNom most of the time and want to continue using them, their interface is very quick and easy to use compared to most of the cheaper registrars.

I hate Hostgator, they are continually causing trouble and trying to steal my money. I will change them but I need to be careful that I don't change to a company that's even worse.

•••
CoolMark said:
Thanks for your replies.

My enom account is a reseller account and it goes to enomcentral.com but I think

if you're redirected to enomcentral.com, it means your account is a retail.
PM me if you want a reseller account with $8.95 pricing.

•••
CoolMark, seems you had the problems because you hadn't read TOS (AUP) befor signing up. I would recomend you pay more attention on it in feature.
Good luck.

•••
I am totally agree with serverpoint that you should read the feature and guarntees befor signing up. As i did the same mistake while signing up with another host.

•••
I always login thru the main page and update my info going to the proper pages

•••
Transfering the domain to namepros, godaddy or something else would be a good idea. No need to pay $15 for a single domain name where you can get it for half the price elsewhere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back