IT.COM

discuss .MOBI General Discussion

NameSilo
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
Due to the arguments that arose a couple weeks ago because of the past .mobi threads, I have decided to close those down and just have a common .Mobi thread. No lists will be posted by myself, no "count down", none of that because it offends domainers on here. So if your interested in seeing availability, please pm me. Otherwise lets just talk generally about .mobi.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, i do love .mobi and still have some registered names.

Caravans.mobi
Tyres.mobi
ICL.mobi
Pussies.mobi
Snowboards.mobi (online shop)
Links.mobi
Retail.mobi
Vacancies.mobi
You have some really good .mobi domains. Have you had people reaching out to you from the blue making offers. That's usually a good indicator of their value even though I think if you listed some for sale, you may get favorable results.

My brother actually owned flowers.mobi a while back and then sold it for next to nothing. I would have personally held onto it, but it wasn't my decision.

I just see folks using the .com version for mobile phones. In my opinion, the .mobi sld just never gained traction as the goto sld for mobile phones.

•••
You have some really good .mobi domains. Have you had people reaching out to you from the blue making offers. That's usually a good indicator of their value even though I think if you listed some for sale, you may get favorable results.

My brother actually owned flowers.mobi a while back and then sold it for next to nothing. I would have personally held onto it, but it wasn't my decision.

I just see folks using the .com version for mobile phones. In my opinion, the .mobi sld just never gained traction as the goto sld for mobile phones.
Plenty of inquiries, ill hold these for a very long time indeed.

•••
You keep thinking that sales go from 0 to 100 overnight. In the real word this doesn't happen. No business, stock, domain, house, whatever product that exists can generate such massive gains in such a short period of time. I was hand registering LLL.CO in September and it took 4-5 months before they were constantly selling at $100+ and showing this on Namebio. LLL.MOBI and NNNN.MOBI just sold out, so if prices don't change by the time were in mid summer, say end of July, then you were right to an extent.

Also, you keep thinking I'm the only one that bought .MOBI. I own seven 4N that I bought end last year and I bought 5 LLL at that time too. With the $1 pricing recently, I did load up on more 3L. But I didn't spend more than $100, so the last 40,000 .mobi's that were registered, maybe 1000 to 1500 of them would of been all the recent buyers on NP. So anyone else that bought those, I had ZERO influence on them despite what you think. I've said this before, I don't force anyone to do anything and even in my status I say " do your own due diligence".

By the time Renewal time comes around, domainers have to either pay for the names they want to hold, or sell them to an end user. No different than any other .com, net, org, etc. A domain is a domain and if someone believes in a name they like, or a bundle, renew and keep waiting.

In regards to your 3 replies, I only posted because you were trying to equate proving skeptics wrong with reg numbers. Hype plus cheap regs is going to equal good reg numbers. That's pretty basic. The skepticism is about sales, not reg numbers. Look at the .xyz thread, people getting overjoyed with reg numbers, but mention sales and you get the usual childlike, emotional response, "they're just haters", they won't actually talk about the content of the post. 13 registrars of $2 under, of course that's going to get high reg numbers.

My statement that reg numbers is not putting money in your wallet as a domainer, is a correct one. That benefits registries/registrars.

In spite of you saying you have zero influence, of course you have some. Most of your posts are selling. Imagine some newbie coming to the forum, reading your posts, seeing Business Account, looks like you're about that business. And then reading some of your statements like:

.io
"What I really like about any 3N is that there's only 1000 in that specific tld to buy, and with a worldwide market prices will go up."

.online
"I agree with you DNScholar, it will take a few months but prices will go up."

Those are pretty definitive statements. You don't think that helps sales? And when talking about reg numbers, it's we got an extra boost and stuff like that.

End of day, it's your business with the lists, it's people's business what they buy.

But it is about sales for domainers. So if I point out 0 reported sales for Feb or a triple repeating 3N.mobi only getting up to $255, those are legit observations. Only sales will prove my skepticism wrong.

•••
•••
I'm trying to buy a "keyword" .mobi, a sought out popular one, but, I'm having reservations on buying it for $800.00. I have weighed out the pros on and cons, meaning I know I can make investment back soon by developing it.. But, shelling out the money for a .mobi.. Kind of skeptical.

•••
BitcoinWallet. mobi

Next generation mobile wallet :)

•••
I'm trying to buy a "keyword" .mobi, a sought out popular one, but, I'm having reservations on buying it for $800.00. I have weighed out the pros on and cons, meaning I know I can make investment back soon by developing it.. But, shelling out the money for a .mobi.. Kind of skeptical.

My sincere advice: Don't buy it. you will regret.

•••
Been watching the drops on .mobi for LLL, NNNN, anything dropping is getting catched right away which is good. It's held around the 725-730k reg range. Pattern has been 3-4 days where there are 100 to 400 more drops than registers, and then one day will show 1000-1500 more registered than dropped, so it's flattened out here for now. But again I see value in the LLL, NNN, NNNN, and perhaps some 4L and 5N. Of course really really good one word .mobi's would have some sort of value too.

•••
My sincere advice: Don't buy it. you will regret.

I respect what you're saying but the keyword is "adult" related and sought after.

I may as well try to get it.

•••
I still own about 3-4 photography.mobi related names that I bought during the hype and some after.. Who knows what will happen, in either case I will continue to hold onto them mainly because I am a photographer..

•••
I still own about 3-4 photography.mobi related names that I bought during the hype and some after.. Who knows what will happen, in either case I will continue to hold onto them mainly because I am a photographer..

Hey Erwin,
Hows things, its been a long while?

•••
Hey Erwin,
Hows things, its been a long while?
It certainly has been.. Yeah I'm ok, photographing and work takes up the rest lol..good to see you still around the traps.. Haven't been on np for a while, thought I'd check to see what the state is with the new gtld rollout and .mobi

•••
oh yes, big comeback on the way.

you guys, the TLD wars are over. there is no best gTLD anymore.. its all a bunch of words with dots before them.

there is no giant value overall or TLD that is going to "come out ahead"

but gTLD will be used all the time in the future.. its just the registrars hold all the power and money, like they should have done all along if they liked money.

i like money.

•••
oh yes, big comeback on the way.

you guys, the TLD wars are over. there is no best gTLD anymore.. its all a bunch of words with dots before them.

there is no giant value overall or TLD that is going to "come out ahead"

but gTLD will be used all the time in the future.. its just the registrars hold all the power and money, like they should have done all along if they liked money.

i like money.
Hi mj, nice to see you again, no guiness avatar?
You are the forefather of the flip, you made a serious profit on .mobi and got in at the start and got out on the top, take my hat off to you sir!

•••
i actually made almost nothing in the end because i bought aftermarket mobi for stupid amounts of money. if i wouldnt have done that and only sold fresh registrations from landrush (sept, 26 2006) and whenever good drops happened i would have made a lot. saying i broke even is probably accurate but considering my time spent thats probably less than true.

i've dropped mobi last year and earlier that woulda sold for thousands before, like 2006-2009 or whatever the hayday was.

in the new world of gTLD where thousand of them exist dont be a fanboy to any of em... its about the phrase with the dot in the middle.. not being loyal to some TLD or thinking its going to win the popular/recognition lottery.

•••
i have just carsharing.mobi
i love this..
^^

•••
I wonder when finally the MOBI-registry will introduce IDNS (International Domains) for all languages, like French, German, Spanish, etc..... (and not only chinese or Japanese) ?
Dotmobi is so long on the market, and why don't they. Afilias is now in charge...and they don't seem to bother.

And the so-called"premium domains", that would be later auctioned or only for special good suggestions to the registry (that changed between the launch and now). It has been a long time we heared about that.

Lots of promises that haven't been kept by the registry/registries sinice launch !

Last edited:
•••
What about the value for LLL.mobi? They are all taken.

•••
I have some LLL mobi, what about now?

•••
•••
I got these a few months ago $20 for all 4

VRQ
VRY
VRH
VRB

SHOULD I KEEP, SELL OR DROP

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back