Dynadot

discuss .MOBI General Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
Due to the arguments that arose a couple weeks ago because of the past .mobi threads, I have decided to close those down and just have a common .Mobi thread. No lists will be posted by myself, no "count down", none of that because it offends domainers on here. So if your interested in seeing availability, please pm me. Otherwise lets just talk generally about .mobi.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've found the best way to avoid the crowd influence is to focus on the facts -- one being watching the daily drops, especially the short names. You'll see who are still investing and where they are from. The fact is, China is the new player. Whether Chinese investors can change the game and revitalize this extension is still yet to see.

•••
202 4N.MOBI left. I haven't bought a single one since last year so others are buying it up. Did pickup 100 LLL.MOBI though. Not sure where those are at, will check them shortly.

•••
Stay far away. I mean run fast...

•••
•••
Right now, 333.mobi is again up for auction at Godaddy. It ends today, and is currently at 115 dollars (reserve not met). Given that this is probably one of the best .mobi numerics, it will be interesting to see the price that it gets to. But given a reserve, it may not sell. But from the previous threads, it seems to have gone up to 2k, correct? If so, that is either a great sign, or high speculation.

With regards to the conversation above, I think both make excellent points. There has indeed been a rise in movement on .mobi, but that is also because any sales compared to few or zero is a rise. I have just decided to get in on this market (but with only very short domains, and only excellent numerical patterns). Why?

Short names, as well as patterns are selling.

Look at .co (which does seem to have a stronger base than .mobi). Their NNNs are in the hundreds now (each), where months ago, people could not give them away on Namepros.

I have no idea if .mobi will go in that direction. But the trend seems to be to revive older extensions, and particularly related to their numerics).

If you can get a NN.mobi, or good number NNN.mobi, for a clearance price (which .mobi is now), then I say go for it. In fact, backing up my statements with money, given that .mobi is on sale for 99 cents, I spent some time and scoured through good combo possibilities (66, 77, 88, 99, 666, 777, 888, and 999) and found the very best combinations available.

Will they sell? I have no clue. But I paid a dollar a domain, and I have a year to either see it take off, or drop them and lose 100 dollars. Not the worst way to test your theory on short domains. Even if .mobi sells for 1 percent of .com (or even that), if the direction of short domains is going to continue in this way, then one could do quite well.

Again, just don't pay 20 dollar per every .mobi hand registration. That would be my advice.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well I've heard lately that short .mobi have picked up, like NNN.

Heard where? Do you have link to source? The 2 NNN sales are just $211 and $130. This is all Namebio has for this year:

619.mobi - 130 USD - 2016-01-20 (GoDaddy)
823.mobi - 211 USD - 2016-01-17 (GoDaddy)
hackviet9b.mobi - 207 USD - 2016-01-11 (GoDaddy)
mag.mobi -104 USD - 2016-01-08

People need to start sourcing their claims.

Last edited:
•••
A year ago NNN .mobi wouldn't have sold for those prices above. I'm not talking about keywords or saying buy .mobi, just that there is a pick up in activity.

Look at any drop sites, and weekly sales reports, and domain wanted threads, short domains are still in high demand across most established global extensions.

Still linked to no sources, no specifics whatsoever. And this is specifically a .mobi thread. We're not talking about "most established global extensions". Just .mobi. And actually check Namebio for NNN.mobi sales over the years. Are you saying $130 and $211 are great prices? Because I can list past prices of them selling for more.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, so there were no NNN.mobi sales on Namebio from May 2011 to Oct 2015. Over 4 years, nothing. Now since Oct 2015 there are 14 reported sales between $105 to $317. I'd say that is a pick up in activity and likely it will continue. There are likely unreported sales and people holding onto them, NNN have only so many combinations. I bet many of those that have them are waiting for higher prices and don't want to sell in the low xxx range.

•••
Heard where? Do you have link to source? The 2 NNN sales are just $211 and $130. This is all Namebio has for this year:

619.mobi - 130 USD - 2016-01-20 (GoDaddy)
823.mobi - 211 USD - 2016-01-17 (GoDaddy)

Ok, so there were no NNN.mobi sales on Namebio from May 2011 to Oct 2015. Over 4 years, nothing. Now since Oct 2015 there are 14 reported sales between $105 to $317. I'd say that is a pick up in activity and likely it will continue. There are likely unreported sales and people holding onto them, NNN have only so many combinations. I bet many of those that have them are waiting for higher prices and don't want to sell in the low xxx range.

I picked up 420.mobi on NP for low $XXX a few months back.

•••
Sale on .mobi today, $1.49 each through GD

•••
i own SelfieStick.mobi Selfie Stick

a great name for Amazon Affiliate or shopping web site for Selfie Stick

the name is met the extension very much as selfie stick used for mobiles only

•••
I just checked my list of 300+ 4N .mobi still available 2 days ago. Now they are all taken.

I just checked now, all 4N.MOBI are gone and the few drops that happened over the last couple weeks are taken too.

•••
There were a lot of popular first names in .mobi that came available in the past year. Hard to say if they have a future, and how much they could go for. I'd prefer a really good NNNN chip if I had a choice.

•••
Almost 800 lll.mobi bought in the last 36 hours, down to 1520.

•••
•••
•••
•••
How many LLL.mobi left? I can't find any available to reg :-/

There were 7 left, for $1 each I finished them off lol. Any 3L or 4N that have dropped on ExpiredDomains have been bought up too which is important. There are some lists on other tld's that people think are done, but always have to see what drops remain. 5N.ORG for example was supposed to be all taken a couple months ago, but there's quite a few that have dropped on expired domains and still hold 5N.org back from any sort of value growth.

•••
When you compare yesterday's new registrations with the past data, you'll get excited. Remember .mobi reached its peak in January 2014 at 1,198,143. Then the slide began. In November last year, I started tracking its daily registrations. The daily number was around 300 and the bottom was reached on Feb 2 with 686,918. Since then, new and also total registrations started to increase. Big movement started about one week ago. Now that the 0.99 sale has ended, we'll see the true strength of .mobi. If good numbers continue, the second life of .mobi is very likely.

•••
Seems that all 5N without 0 or 4 are gone?

Those were all gone a while ago. Now lots of the 0 without 4 are starting to disappear and the 80-90k range are only 4's.

•••
I'm trying to buy a "keyword" .mobi, a sought out popular one, but, I'm having reservations on buying it for $800.00. I have weighed out the pros on and cons, meaning I know I can make investment back soon by developing it.. But, shelling out the money for a .mobi.. Kind of skeptical.

My sincere advice: Don't buy it. you will regret.

•••
I still own about 3-4 photography.mobi related names that I bought during the hype and some after.. Who knows what will happen, in either case I will continue to hold onto them mainly because I am a photographer..

Hey Erwin,
Hows things, its been a long while?

•••
Hey Erwin,
Hows things, its been a long while?
It certainly has been.. Yeah I'm ok, photographing and work takes up the rest lol..good to see you still around the traps.. Haven't been on np for a while, thought I'd check to see what the state is with the new gtld rollout and .mobi

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back