IT.COM

news Mike Mann just sold CryptoWorld.com for....

NameSilo
Watch
Mike Mann has just sold CryptoWorld.com for $194,888.

What are your thoughts on the price?

Cryptoworld_sale.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think that's very good logic. That's like saying that if HomeDepot sold for $5,000,000, than CryptoDepot should too. Comps in domains, are as non-comparative as a marketplace gets, that is, case by case basis.
Remember, Crypto is a trillion dollar business...CryptoWorld.com should be millions category......
Cryptocurrencies could be worth $1 trillion in 2018, CEO says
  • The total market capitalization of cryptocurrencies could hit $1 trillion in 2018, Peter Smith, CEO of digital wallet platform Blockchain said
  • The total value of digital currencies right now is just over $587 billion with bitcoin dominating
  • Other industry insiders said that bitcoin alone could be worth $1 trillion in the near future.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/cry...-worth-1-trillion-in-2018-blockchain-ceo.html

•••
MM undersold it.. There's a world of cryptos out there..

should've been a 7fig sale.. or cash/equity IMO..

•••
cryptosworlds.com. ....... $?

No idea, singular is better. Just look at some of these names:

cryptoworldnews.info
cryptoworldmart.com
cryptoworldinsider.com
mycryptoworldtr.com
tradecryptoworld.com
cryptoworldstar.com
cryptoworldcup.com
bitcoincryptoworld.com
cryptoworldx.email
cryptoworld4u.com
cryptoworlds.biz
cryptoworldnews.org
globalcryptoworld.com
cryptoworldhub.com
cryptoworld.link
cryptoworldinvest.net
thecryptoworld.org
cfmcryptoworld.website
billionercryptoworld.com
cryptoworld-online.com
cryptoworldexchange.com
cryptoworld.guru
etc.

Again, there are over 400 registered domains like the ones above, with the keywords cryptoworld in them. These are the type of names I like to buy. Since I only buy .com, mine would be the best one, so plenty of end user possibilities, upgrade for all of them.

So we'll have to wait and see what happens with the name, who actually bought it. It's most likely an upgrade purchase.

Last edited:
•••
Guys, ten-year veteran reader of DnJournal weekly sales chart here. If this sale is real and legitimate, it is an extreme outlier. "CryptoWorld" is worth about 1500-3000 to an end user and about 500-1000 to a domainer, with a pretty strong confidence interval.

"World"= Pretty 90s sounding to me. The sheer breadth of similar vaguely branded names means that this was an astonishingly poor decision if $195,000 was really spent on it.

10 years reading and still can't read between the lines LOL ....smh

10 years reading and you just signed up here yesterday and now decided to through some knowledge around ????

Keep reading !!! It's doing wonders for you !

:banghead::stop::banghead::stop:

"world " is pretty 90's yeahhhh I mean

Myworld.com only sold 2 decades later for $1.2M , followed by this sale lol. Smh

Half of you don't know a thing about Crypto and sound like a bunch of sore arses over a sale Becuase your 4Ls or whatever...don't/have not sold for $2k but this sells for 100x

And the other half of that bunch ...apparently can't understand keywords correctly when it's all in this forum night and day when your going to Argue and degrade the word " world " lmao gtfoh!!!!

You sound sore , straight up , that your names have not sold or sore you didn't get into Bitcoin early , or sore becuase you don't understand crypto !!! That's the funny part it's very apparent whom here has a understanding of crypto and whom doesn't !

And ....
Too 90's???? :vomit:

At that rate you know " sex" is just to damn modern and to outdated from the dawn of time . It's to 1560A.D. So let's just just drop the keyword "Sex" outdated too 1550's ...no value there ....

Lmao !!!!!

1 crypto + MM home run sale and all Wood workers come out.

Ok I'm done
I'm going to bed!

Last edited:
•••
MM undersold it.. There's a world of cryptos out there..

should've been a 7fig sale.. or cash/equity IMO..
should be 888 to 8888 bitcoins

Last edited:
•••
How much will be CryptoBank.Ltd ?

•••
Guys, ten-year veteran reader of DnJournal weekly sales chart here. If this sale is real and legitimate, it is an extreme outlier. "CryptoWorld" is worth about 1500-3000 to an end user and about 500-1000 to a domainer, with a pretty strong confidence interval.

"World"= Pretty 90s sounding to me. The sheer breadth of similar vaguely branded names means that this was an astonishingly poor decision if $195,000 was really spent on it.
What are you talking about? Do you have a clue what the market is bearing? You have .orgs going off for that price, .coms keep making newer highs based on single comps doubling by 6 figures weekly, it’s not about reading dnjournal weekly that is the lazy thing to do, it’s about being in the trenches daily and see what is being bid on, and what is selling for what.

Last edited:
•••
What are you talking about? Do you have a clue what the market is bearing? You have .orgs going off for that price, .coms keep making newer highs based on single comps doubling by 6 figures weekly, is not about reading dnjournal weekly that is the lazy thing to do, it’s about being in the trenches daily and see what is being bid on, and what is selling for what.

I double like this post :)

•••
•••
•••
Mike Mann has just sold CryptoWorld.com for $194,888.

What are your thoughts on the price?

Cryptoworld_sale.jpg
What the actual fk. Man I would've sold that for low 3-figs. It's a fkn TYPO!!!!!!:!::!:

•••
•••
Was crypto world even premium? Feels like a hand reggae
I mean in general.
If you have money, you buy premium, renewal and wait years.
CryptoWorld was not premium then, but could be dropped by someone who couldn renewal it or just lost it inside his long list and forgot to renewal, because already then it was promised for those who knew about crypto.
Not each one can reg hundreds domains and pay yearly renewals for years waiting oportunity. So, too much good names sold as quick flip just because the owner needed money.
If it was the only one his domain that he reg and sold for 194k, ok it could me amazing..

Last edited:
•••
Your right times are changing, there is no need to keep paying banks endless fees for currency exchanges, as well as having payments delayed for days. This is not a niche, this is a economic shift, most people are still trying to grasp what a bitcoin is. We are in the early days still.
Instead we can pay $60 to send between $20 to unlimited, just for one transaction. I'll take the $30 wire fee thanks :vomit:

•••
Instead we can pay $60 to send between $20 to unlimited, just for one transaction. I'll take the $30 wire fee thanks :vomit:
a few weeks ago I needed to renewal one of my domain but had Paypal problem, so I used my bitcoin wallet.
I paid 14$ fee just for send 9$ to my Namesilo account.

•••
•••

This has to be a joke, right?

Seriously - it is hard to nail down an exact value on any domain - but I think most will see Mike did have a great name here. The fact he had the testicular fortitude to ask for that much resulted in a good sale. Could he have gotten more? Possibly. How long would it take him to sale at $1500-$3000? Just a few minutes, IMO.

•••
Was crypto world even premium? Feels like a hand reggae
Cryptography has been around long before any of us were alive, and will be around long after.

Also World is a great suffix which generally has a lot of interest and good returns.

He had a winner out of the gate with this one IMO. It was just a matter of timing and pricing to turn it into a big deal.

•••
That will cover his renewal fees for a few months.

•••
This has to be a joke, right?
Seriously - it is hard to nail down an exact value on any domain - but I think most will see Mike did have a great name here. The fact he had the testicular fortitude to ask for that much resulted in a good sale. Could he have gotten more? Possibly. How long would it take him to sale at $1500-$3000? Just a few minutes, IMO.
I just comment and dont want afirm nothing, but I always say all what I think without go round.
1. Mike Mann doesnt sell domains, but his name does, people think all they buy from Mike Mann is garanteed high valuable, and yes it is so but they over value them.
2. Sometimes somebody just need to waste money. Have enough and need formally have less, you know what I mean?
3. Sometimes I sell domain and buyer pays me for domain, but sometimes I offer domain + favor or service. When they pay me, formally they pay just for domain name.

•••
That will cover his renewal fees for a few months.
Very true...

That should cover about 25,000 renewals - so that means he only has about 275,000 renewals to worry about this year now.

A lot of people forget about this aspect of managing an insanely large profile of domains.

300,000 domains at (say) $8 a domain = $2,400,000 per year to break even.

Last edited:
•••
That's a beauty. I'm surprised it didn't go for more.

•••
On the bright side for Mann...

Say he has a 1% sale through rate - he would sell 3000 domains a year.

$2,400,000 renewals / 3000 domains = $800 average net sales price needed to break even on renewals.

Now who knows what his STR is, but it seems like he is probably doing ok. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
What are you talking about? Do you have a clue what the market is bearing? You have .orgs going off for that price, .coms keep making newer highs based on single comps doubling by 6 figures weekly, it’s not about reading dnjournal weekly that is the lazy thing to do, it’s about being in the trenches daily and see what is being bid on, and what is selling for what.

That's precisely what I'm saying, that I've read DnJournal–every week for a decade– to see what the end user valuation of these names typically becomes. "CryptoWorld" is more frequently something like a $3000 name here, and with a lower confidence interval, sometimes $10,000ish. $195,000 is a total 3rd standard deviation occurrence for it.

•••
That's precisely what I'm saying, that I've read DnJournal–every week for a decade– to see what the end user valuation of these names typically becomes. "CryptoWorld" is more frequently something like a $3000 name here, and with a lower confidence interval, sometimes $10,000ish. $195,000 is a total 3rd standard deviation occurrence for it.
I think what is throwing your methodology off is that in reality there are many factors affecting domain value which can not be loaded into a mathematical equation. This is why automated appraisal services will never be right.

-Trends change, and sometimes an outlier is a signal for/of a trend change. But math based off previous sales could not reveal this. Only the knowledge of the emerging market could.

-An outlier can easily be a matter of how well the words work together and how desirable that combination is.

-Good domains with high prices don't sell often, so your dataset is not complete enough to draw accurate conclusions. Good domains will almost always appear as outliers if you view it the way you do.

-Many high priced domain sales go unreported. This will limit your dataset as well.

-Also keep in mind the early crypto investors have all made a lot of money from the massive increase in prices across the board in recent times. This puts them in the top tier of buyers with the deepest pockets. Also many can detach themselves from the USD cost of the domain and look at it in BTC and it will look much cheaper to them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back