Dynadot

news Mike Mann just sold CryptoWorld.com for....

NameSilo
Watch
Mike Mann has just sold CryptoWorld.com for $194,888.

What are your thoughts on the price?

Cryptoworld_sale.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure if this was already mentioned, or if it's even related to the buyer. Just noting:

Show attachment 78344
Show attachment 78346

or

Show attachment 78347
Good find, but their market cap is only $100k, 1/2 of what they paid for the domain, plus with the X they already own the exact match domain, will be interesting to find out who bought cryptoworld.com for sure.

Another domain sold at sedo for $10,250 CoinPortal.com remains unpaid after 15 days.

Last edited:
•••
plus with the X they already own the exact match domain

Do they?

CryptoWorldX.com should be dropping within the next 10 days... (it expired 65 days ago)
.Org >> WHOIS privacy >> not developed.

Another domain sold at sedo for $10,250 CoinPortal.com remains unpaid after 15 days.

How to tell if the domain was paid for or not? (WHOIS update?)

•••
Do they?

CryptoWorldX.com should be dropping within the next 10 days... (it expired 65 days ago)
.Org >> WHOIS privacy >> not developed.

How to tell if the domain was paid for or not? (WHOIS update?)
The whois hasn't changed, nor has the update date on the domain, not typical of sedo type transfers.

Another things the top bidder went over $10K, which is another level of verification, but there was 3 of us in the bidding. I was in it at around the $3K range, then a new guy game in, and pushed the guy who really wanted it up, and over $10K.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I am being everyday more skeptical with these kind of wired sales.
Money laundry or other illegal things are involved.

Ok, so I'm not the only one :)

•••
Ok, so I'm not the only one :)
Of course not, there are many, but afraid to talk.
The domain market as well as these crypto currencies are a magnet for illegal transactions.

•••
He seems to be a genius. I guess the success he achieved in this sale might be a lead to his domaining website. Also I believe that he knows how to sell it to direct buyer.

•••
He seems to be a genius. I guess the success he achieved in this sale might be a lead to his domaining website. Also I believe that he knows how to sell it to direct buyer.
Is that why sedo sold it?

•••
Came across this sale on Namebio...

cryptoplanet.com 3,348 USD 2017-09-27 Sedo

Just goes to show how prices can be all over the map. Just depends on how much a buyer wants a name and how much they can afford, and how much they think they can make once acquired.

•••
Came across this sale on Namebio...

cryptoplanet.com 3,348 USD 2017-09-27 Sedo

Just goes to show how prices can be all over the map. Just depends on how much a buyer wants a name and how much they can afford, and how much they think they can make once acquired.

That was 3.5 months ago. Equivalent of years when it comes to crypto currency of late when you consider the upward changes in value day-to-day. Cryptoworld sold at probably the most right time to the right buyer. Oftentimes it comes down to timing. Surely MM was actively selling it. Congrats on the sale.

•••
I'm being realistic, nothing to hate about. Some people kill for money, some sell drugs and some "sell" domains. This is life.

No, you're not being realistic. While those things happen, you have no idea if that's the case with this one. You shouldn't be throwing accusations like that around without any proof whatsoever. It reflects poorly on you.
+the fact is USD also is used for the same thing. *gasp!* You mean I may have money that at one time passed through the hands of a drug dealer or killer?!

•••
Good sale n this sale increases the value of WorldofCrypto.com
Who owns it.

•••
I saw so many domains like CryptoRate .com available once upon a time. *sigh*

It just goes to show, if you have a strong feel about some future trend then be patient. I have a domain now that I feel could be a 5-6 figure domain name in a few years but the highest I have been offered up to now is only $500. (A different niche).
I have one that i reged 3 years ago and recently started to get inquiries, and the niche is starting to come to fruition.

•••
•••
+the fact is USD also is used for the same thing. *gasp!* You mean I may have money that at one time passed through the hands of a drug dealer or killer?!
When someone "walks" around with huge amount of money and gets caught, doesn't anyone get suspicious? Of course.
Now don't come with all kind of examples to prove something. There is nothing to prove.

•••
When someone "walks" around with huge amount of money and gets caught, doesn't anyone get suspicious? Of course.
Now don't come with all kind of examples to prove something. There is nothing to prove.
LOL and what does that have to do with the price of cheese? Seriously I dont care if you decide to walk around with a trillion dollars in your pocket, though I would hope you paid the security that walks around with you.

•••
I hate to sound like a pro-btc fanatic, but that's one of the shittiest things about fiat -- you don't even have full control over your money.

If a cop sees you're carrying $2,000 or more, that's already some kind of probable cause. I read about this guy who gothe pulled over for some kind of speeding ticket or broken headlight, and he had $5,000 in cash. The cop seized the money on suspicion of drug funds without any evidence of physical drugs.

The guy was part of a band and the money was from his band's fundraiser that he was driving from. I forget if he ever got the money back -- but the mere fact that carrying any large sum of cash gives police a reason to arrest you is just ridiculously not right.

With crypto, you're always "carrying" your bank with you. So cops can't use that as an excuse.

And if you withdraw or deposit over 10k into your bank frequently, like if you're running a cash only business like a hot dog stand or candy store, the police has been known (maybe it's the feds) to just seize your bank account's funds on suspicion of illegal business and some people never even got their funds back even after showing proof of their legitimate business activities

Last edited:
•••
BTC crazed or not, that is correct, there way too many such stories that tell you never to travel with cash. The cops can take it and say it is "civil asset forfeiture", and file the case against the cash itself, not against the person. The cash gets no lawyer, it is a non-entity. It is free cash for cops.

Last edited:
•••
LOL and what does that have to do with the price of cheese? Seriously I dont care if you decide to walk around with a trillion dollars in your pocket, though I would hope you paid the security that walks around with you.
You may not care for many things, but that is not how society works.

I hate to sound like a pro-btc fanatic, but that's one of the sh*ttiest things about fiat -- you don't even have full control over your money.

If a cop sees you're carrying $2,000 or more, that's already some kind of probable cause. I read about this guy who gothe pulled over for some kind of speeding ticket or broken headlight, and he had $5,000 in cash. The cop seized the money on suspicion of drug funds without any evidence of physical drugs.

The guy was part of a band and the money was from his band's fundraiser that he was driving from. I forget if he ever got the money back -- but the mere fact that carrying any large sum of cash gives police a reason to arrest you is just ridiculously not right.

With crypto, you're always "carrying" your bank with you. So cops can't use that as an excuse.

And if you withdraw or deposit over 10k into your bank frequently, like if you're running a cash only business like a hot dog stand or candy store, the police has been known (maybe it's the feds) to just seize your bank account's funds on suspicion of illegal business and some people never even got their funds back even after showing proof of their legitimate business activities
So that's a case (considering it true), how many other cases may be with "dirty" cash?

•••

So that's a case (considering it true), how many other cases may be with "dirty" cash?
Your reply to me does not make any sense whatsoever.

Your reply to someone that sides with you against crypto is also crazy...

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/asset-forfeiture-abuse
https://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/03/civil-asset-forfeiture-7-things-you-should-know
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448942/civil-asset-forfeiture-police-abuse-clarence-thomas

•••
From that last link:
Police can take your money or property and keep it, even if no charges are filed. Clarence Thomas is famously taciturn on the bench. But his few words carry a great deal of weight. Though the matter has not yet come before the Supreme Court, Justice Thomas is very much at the center of a federal case with a name that sounds like it ought to have come from a William Gaddis novel: United States v. Seventeen Thousand Nine Hundred Dollars in United States Currency. The case has the potential to help rein in one of the most abused powers enjoyed by American government: asset forfeiture. The case involves a New York couple, Angela Rodriguez and Joyce Copeland, who lost the above-mentioned $17,900 to police in a case in which no charges were ever filed against them. They sued for recovery of their money, and — incredibly — a federal court found that they lacked standing to sue for possession of their own assets. The D.C. Circuit Court sees things differently and has ruled in favor of allowing Rodriguez and Copeland to at least have their day in court and attempt to reclaim their money.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448942/civil-asset-forfeiture-police-abuse-clarence-thomas

•••

So just because there are many more cases where the taking of cash from people without charges first being filed resulted in the discovery of illegal business -- thus justified all the innocent people who got their money seized just because they were dealing in cash??

Man I can tell you're not from America. I guess my country brainwashed me into thinking everyone deserves fairness, while your country brainwashed you into thinking it's okay that some citizens are unfairly treated, as long as it benefits the public.

•••
Nice!!

Funny not to long ago I
made a post ..because I had noticed he changed the price from $194,888 to $994,888 on the landing page a month ago!

Wonder If he forgot it was still listed at $194,888 on Sedo or assume it was Purposely that price!

But i can tell you a week ago it was listed at $994,888 ...I made a post because I noticed he up the price.

Congrats @Mike Mann (if you see this could you shed some light on the price change and sales price?)
I raise it on purpose during negotiations to mess with buyers head and make them pay full last price

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back