IT.COM

.org Mike Mann just sold RiseUp.org for $75,000!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Because he already has money and can afford to reject lower offers. If someone offers 5K or 10K for the domain, it won't hurt him much to reject the offer and aim higher.

Most domain investors are not in the same situation and would consider it a great loss if a buyer offers 10K and they reject it and lose the opportunity.

In short, the less you need 10K, the closer you are to getting 75K.

the other reason is
that he knows the buyers urge to own the domain
and his deep pokets

•••
Damn if i owned that domain i would probably struggle to even sell it for $10

•••
•••
I don't know how he does it, is it contacts? Stubbornness (sticking to your guns on a set price)?

If someone posted RiseUp.org in NamePros appraisal section a few days ago, the general opinion would be 'drop'.

For that reason amazing sale.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know how he does it, is it contacts? Stubbornness (sticking to your guns on a set price)?

If someone posted RiseUp.org in NamePros appraisal section a few days ago, the general opinion would be 'drop'.

For that reason amazing sale.
LOL you think exactly like I do (or at least for this). Everyone else is like so starry-eyed about RiseUp.org, but I'm pretty sure it's only cuz it sold for 75k and was Mann's domain?

If I reg'd that and went on chat about it, ppl would laugh and tell me I was noob (while I'm sure some people would say "it might be good eh.).

But no I think it's cuz Mann is famous and so buyers feel "small" or if they're a corp, "on an equal level."

He has a professional website where all his domains redirect to. It's differnet, you know? Even if you owned something like lovebig.com, you'd only be able to sell it for 4 figs, whereas mann would sell it for 5. It's just cuz he's more intimidating and trustworthy with his professionalism and history. So companies are more apt to think his stuff is good.

It's the same as buying a $3 bigmac from McD and the same exact BigMac from someone named Anil overseas. Which one would you buy?

•••
RiseUp can be used for growing StartUps ...

•••
Damn if i owned that domain i would probably struggle to even sell it for $10

:xf.grin: me too, I would probably get <100 in NP auction

Last edited:
•••
He has a professional website where all his domains redirect to.

Exactly...already working on better landing page(s) for my domains. Its just like the old saying about the 3 most important things to ensure a brick and mortar success..."location, location, location". In our case it is "landing page, landing page, landing page"

•••
It is a natural fit on .org. Anyone that would have suggested "drop" on a name as good as this should not be investing. In what, instead? Another hundred VRxx.net names nobody is ever going to use?

This name is strong. Maybe not 75k for most of us, but a solid org. Congrats to MM.

•••
•••
Wow, I'd like to know how he ended up selling a 2 word .org for such an amount.

•••
It would be great to know the negotiation details

•••
It would be great to know the negotiation details
He probabky said something along the lines of nu uh I'm Mike mann. 75k. Take it or leave it

•••
rise up is not two words ;)
single dictionary entry.

[MEDIA youtube]QYIhnOrGRUo[/MEDIA] youtube.com/watch?v=QYIhnOrGRUo
look, no media tag no nothing, namepros super silly, man, girl

Last edited:
•••
Because he already has money and can afford to reject lower offers. If someone offers 5K or 10K for the domain, it won't hurt him much to reject the offer and aim higher.

Most domain investors are not in the same situation and would consider it a great loss if a buyer offers 10K and they reject it and lose the opportunity.

In short, the less you need 10K, the closer you are to getting 75K.

That is absolutely true, great answer!

•••
Nice name and a VERY nice sale.

Congratulations Mr. MM!

•••
looking for the girl with the Washing machine... or not?

•••
Really comes down to the power of NO, how many people would say NO at $10K, $15K, 25K, 30K, 50K?...

•••
Honestly, don't know why people even care about sales these guys make. mike mann et.al.:oldman:

I never met or spoke to anyone who learnt something from their activities and has repeatedly use "whatever" they learnt at least 3 times successfully.

More interested in what Ali Zandi and Drew from mediaoptions are doing ... these guys activities are transparent and not just numbers appearing like a it's the 4th of disney

Last edited:
•••
Tony Blair is attempting to start a movement to "Rise up" and challenge Brexit. I wonder if it's to do with that? The .org would fit nicely too.

•••
•••
•••
I think 2 sales in 5 years can be considered as "not usually"

Could not agree more, everyone always compares old sales. Time to look at current stats!!

•••
Congrats Mike Mann. Excellent job.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back