.com Mike Mann sells CannabisAssociation.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Mike Mann has sold
CannabisAssociation.com for $4,000

He purchased the name for just $8

Source: LinkedIn

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
What is it about it that makes it a newsworthy sale?
Any news reporting sales with good roi can be helpful for lots of members here to learn from.

•••
Someone call the buyer and tell them CANNABISASSN.COM is still available.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I'm surprised a bitter domainer hasn't posted the "Mike Mann isn't as great as you think since he has a huge portfolio and must only break even" comment yet

•••
Mike Mann isn't as great as you think since he has a huge portfolio and must only break even

:xf.grin:

•••

It is in the "Domain Name Sales" section?

Can we not ask the same question about every other thread in "Domain Names Sales" as well then :)

•••
Anything is better than the 32 letter internationalcannabisassociation.com that it will be replacing. :) $4,000 to knock off 13 letters is well worth it.

•••

Hmmm maybe because this is the domain names sales section on a domaining forum where many of us find this to be newsworthy.

•••
Hmmm maybe because this is the domain names sales section on a domaining forum where many of us find this to be newsworthy.
I get that. Just wondered why it got coverage over multitudes of other sales reported every day.

•••
I get that. Just wondered why it got coverage over multitudes of other sales reported every day.

I think when it comes to alot of Mike Manns domain sales it's something many of us are fascinated with because he seems to some how manages to get insane prices for domains that on the surface don't look like they are worth more than low $xxx. lol... Would love to have like an hour of his time to pick his brain...So many of his sales have evoked the WTF? reaction from me..... :) He must have some superb sales skills and a keen eye to see opportunity where most of us are unable too

Last edited:
•••
many of us are fascinated with because he seems to some how manages to get insane prices for domains that on the surface don't look like they are worth more than low $xxx.
Although I agree some of his names would likely sell for 3 figures for most people, the reasons I think he does well are:
  1. A solid and followed name in the industry - to businesses with a decent budget, trust and reliability (and being discreet) is worth a lot of money
  2. Likely plenty of traffic to his sales site
  3. Likely decent negotiation skills from years of experience in high priced sales
  4. All his names are very decent even if not all premium
  5. He has them listed for sale for many years (7 or 8 or more usually) - coupled with 2 above, this allows a lot of visibility over time so eventually someone will buy it
More on 5.: There are probs many (decent) domains out there which sell for mid-high 3 figures or very low 4 figures which given more years with the right visibility would get that right end user and see a decent 4 or even 5 figure sale like Mann does. Not all of course, depends on the value of the niche and industry etc.

I don't know a great deal about him, but from what I do know I gather he puts plenty of work in to make it happen, and risks a lot of money each year on renewals (like 6 figures, I read somewhere it's 7 figures but I don't know about that).

•••
There are many threads which don't interest me, and I imagine the same goes for everyone. I just move on and ignore it. If we all posted "I don't like this thread and don't want to read it" whenever it was applicable the forums would be filled with pointless posts ;)

I know what you meant, it was one name sold by someone for 4 figures - so what. But we are domainers, and Mann does really well in this industry so things he sells give us information and data :)
I'm sure if the sale was $300 it wouldn't have been mentioned.

•••
@james haw

Yeah I think u've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

•••
I'm sure if the sale was $300 it wouldn't have been mentioned.

I think if he sold a domain for $300 it might get mentioned ....cos it would probably be his lowest sale ever!....lol :)

•••
•••
•••
It is accepted to list domains at DM. Try and see before saying NO!.

LoL, i can't find the button for sell or signup, how sell on DM??

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back