Dynadot

LLLL.net COUNTDOWN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New Member Disclaimer: Four letter domain names are a relatively new investment category that is only beginning to gain traction in Dotcom. This domaining sector offers potentially larger returns than traditional revenue or traffic based domain names, however with this investment opportunity comes extravagant risk.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was only a matter of time... First King Com. Then .CN fell. And now... I present to you LLLL.net :!:

This thread is designed to elicit discussion about LLLL.nets. You're encouraged to post anything you feel is relevant to LLLL.nets in this thread. This includes sales information, new regs, ...

Feb 05, 2008: All quad premium LLLL.nets are registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In plain portuguese, yes bobby.

•••
Shenron said:
Same happens in portuguese.

We pronounce Q as K.... :)

It is good to know.

•••
There are currently 209,534 LLLL.nets available (as at the 5th April 2008). Hence there's now only 45.85% of the total 456,976 LLLL.nets available.

- GFNB.net

•••
I've regged 5 more, all triple premium and somewhat pronouncable.

•••
In the past few days I've picked up the following:
Folb.net - $15
EEAH.net - $15
LCCL.net - $60
FGGF.net - $60

•••
Very nice deals Travis. You have an eye for these things.

•••
jweb.net said:
Very nice deals Travis. You have an eye for these things.
Hopefully it pays off. I've spent around $500 investing in these. I had to borrow $400 from my parents. I'll probably sell most of it off in a year, and keep the repeating all premiums like PPBB, FGGF, and LCCL.

•••
I just got bphp and i'm very happy :D
ace domain.

starting to <3 llll.net's again.

•••
Yeah, llll.nets are getting hot again.

•••
Seems like there are way more aftermarket domains being bought than new ones registered. The remaining domain count hasn't gone down in a couple weeks.
To me, the "Oh My Gosh, I must buy these before they sellout" is long over, and it may be a long haul for those in the numbers game.
The only money that many will see is selling to "flippers" who will eventually see their profit margins drop significantly.
Hopefully with some of the bigger players making end user sales, development of these names will pick up and the quads and pronounceables will distance themselves from the rest of the field.
So no, I don't think they are getting hot, at least I don't see registrations getting hot.

•••
don't worry bobby I'm regging new ones:)

•••
The main reason here is that people started to learn what is good and what's not good.
There are still a few nice names there, but not more than 2 or 3 K imho.

•••
HI

I am still keeping my eyes open for ones with triple letters in them so if you see any coming up for sale or for sale do let me know.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
whitee said:
don't worry bobby I'm regging new ones:)
Oh, I'm not worried personally, I got bigger things in life than being scared about the 15 or so LLLL.net domains I got (never was a numbers man or an early bird)
Shenron said:
The main reason here is that people started to learn what is good and what's not good.
There are still a few nice names there, but not more than 2 or 3 K imho.
Takes awhile to sort the noobs out huh? (I'm in the n00b category I guess)

•••
Just snapped up yhar.net
Doesn't look much good but one of the better non-premiums i've seen :D

Pushes my total to at 10 :D

•••
•••
Great deals there Travis. You're pretty much unhindered in the palindromic area as I decided to give them a miss.

•••
bobby9101 said:
If you saw: QICK it would be pronounced KICK
If you saw QUICK it would be pronounced as KWICK

How about antique or cheque?

•••
jido said:
How about antique or cheque?

Also like Antike or Sheke in portuguese.

Portuguese lang is rather odd and it wasn't until 4 or 5 years ago since we've introduced W, Y and K in our official dictionary.

Most of the time We have to have an U after the Q to make it pronounceable, though there are exceptions and it still sounds like the K.

•••
I've picked up another 20 llll.nets

I got a few good ones a few weeks back, but now most of the good ones are taken. My best is probably:
eejo.net

•••
I'd recommend you pick up some decent names from the aftermarket while you can still get them pretty cheap (Around $15-$30), instead of regging names of questionable quality.

•••
Basement said:
I'd recommend you pick up some decent names from the aftermarket while you can still get them pretty cheap (Around $15-$30), instead of regging names of questionable quality.

Agree here.

It's better to buy quality Quads at $20 than regging 3 low quality names.

•••
st0rmer said:
I've picked up another 20 llll.nets

I got a few good ones a few weeks back, but now most of the good ones are taken. My best is probably:
eejo.net

eejo is nice. was it a handreg or bought on secondary?

•••
Basement said:
If all follow your advices buyout never will come. ;)

Shenron said:
Agree here.

It's better to buy quality Quads at $20 than regging 3 low quality names.
And your too.

I think that, for example, for end users Orke.net or Itax.net are better then Lmtg.net or similar quad.
By the way still many nice available domains remain for free.

Last edited:
•••
vlad74 said:
eejo is nice. was it a handreg or bought on secondary?

Thanks - it was a hand reg. To be honest, i think its better than many premiums like gtrh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back