IT.COM

LLLL.net COUNTDOWN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New Member Disclaimer: Four letter domain names are a relatively new investment category that is only beginning to gain traction in Dotcom. This domaining sector offers potentially larger returns than traditional revenue or traffic based domain names, however with this investment opportunity comes extravagant risk.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was only a matter of time... First King Com. Then .CN fell. And now... I present to you LLLL.net :!:

This thread is designed to elicit discussion about LLLL.nets. You're encouraged to post anything you feel is relevant to LLLL.nets in this thread. This includes sales information, new regs, ...

Feb 05, 2008: All quad premium LLLL.nets are registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rpanella said:
Picked up quite a few pronounceables yesterday, couple of my favorites are:

jolp.net
owce.net
pruz.net
rurk.net
uvio.net
vowd.net
vurn.net
zurm.net
uvio.net is great, very pronounceable

•••
•••
I am very sorry to disapoint you guys, but there are still 281 CVCV left and not 30. (counting Y as vowel)

I've posted the list at my personal blog: www.adstrategist.com

•••
jweb.net said:
I got herx.net today.

Ahh.. I have her brother ;)
himx.net :laugh:

•••
Yeah, Y is a vowel and should be counted.

•••
Again, the age-old argument :p
I think Vlad forgot to include "Y" in the second position when he created his lists.
Still 281 isn't a lot. *hint to Reece* :p

•••
LOL

I doubt Reece will buy any of those, really. :)

Nor will I BTW... :rolleyes:

•••
Do you base everything you do off Reece?

Y is a good letter in the 2nd and 4th position if it makes the domain pronounceable.

•••
Shenron said:
I am very sorry to disapoint you guys, but there are still 281 CVCV left and not 30. (counting Y as vowel)

LOL

I went to the blog and took Zyzu.net, thanks.

•••
jweb.net said:

Here's a good point. :)

I love to read what Reece writes, I've learned a lot from Reece and I still do, as I learn from all of you, but I have a brain... I guess. :p :tri: :ghost:

Do you?

**No offense to any1, J/K here**

Last edited:
•••
I barely know who reece even is. I try to go off my gut feeling on things. :D

•••
jweb.net said:

Y is a good letter in the 2nd and 4th position if it makes the domain pronounceable.
I would agree if that is CVCV as V = Y

If that is VCVC as V = Y then 3rd position would be more appropriate

But that's JMO

•••
Lucky thing for a Y it can be used pretty much anywhere.

•••
A month ago I have think myself and have regged 56 CYCV double premium without 'Q' and very happy
(I have compare all selling similar 4L.com's and if .com/.net = 10 now my domains cost more then regfee)
For example:
Byxo.net
Myxi.net
Nyxa.net
Zyni

Also I have:
Fyrm.net
Gryd.net

I like 'Y' much more then 'Q'

Last edited:
•••
Y can mean a lot of things...

YME

Can mean Why me.

Yahoo makes it sound like an "I"

•••
I love the letter Y in LLLL.net's.
Stuff like ty, sy, fy, hy are all really great combos. Followed by b, s and other "Plosive" letters it can make some bloody awesome combination's!

syzo.net was my best, such an awesome pronounceable!

•••
Some best available domains from last 3 day's refunded lists:

EROQ.net VCVC PPPW LLLL - .com/.us/.tv taken
INOQ.net VCVC PPPW LLLL
YNER.net YCVC PPPB LLLL
DAEW.net CVVC PPPB LLLL Daewoo ! Somebody took it
UFCE.net VCCV PPPB LLLL

Last edited:
•••
Shenron said:
LOL

I doubt Reece will buy any of those, really. :)

Nor will I BTW... :rolleyes:

jweb.net said:

Chill it guys.. We don't want any mini-riots occurring amongst us 4L.net lovers, eh? :)

I admire Reece as he was one of the "visionaries" who propagated short domains but blindly following him is a tad too much (not saying any of you does)

I made the remark *hint to Reece* in jest and didn't realize some of you would take it a bit too seriously.

I also fall in with Jason, as at the end of the day, following your gut-feel is the way to go.

•••
I guess my bad English didn't make it clear.

I also also joking with this.

Also I didn't say I wouldn't buy because Reece wouldn't, I said he won't and me neither, but those are not related, otherwise I wouldn't be buying domains from him atm :p

•••
Shenron said:
I guess my bad English didn't make it clear.

I also also joking with this.

Also I didn't say I wouldn't buy because Reece wouldn't, I said he won't and me neither, but those are not related, otherwise I wouldn't be buying domains from him atm :p

Im glad you keep tabs on what everyone will buy.. Just for your records I will buy 4l.nets with y..
:D

•••
LOL, well, not quite, it's just a 6th sense that tells me no1 would be selling quad premiums to buy junk. :)

•••
Shenron said:
Y can mean a lot of things...
Yahoo makes it sound like an "I"
In Spain, yes, in America, it has a "Y" sound.
yaaah-hoo
It's an interesting sound, but a unique one, at least in english
But you bring up a great point about international pronunciation

•••
Same happens in portuguese.

We pronounce Q as K.... :)

Last edited:
•••
I think the most obvious pronunciation should be kept as a reference (maybe British English?)
"Q" is pronounced "kw" or even "K' in some words.

•••
If you saw: QICK it would be pronounced KICK
If you saw QUICK it would be pronounced as KWICK

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back