Dynadot

Legal Action

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I had agreed with someone through Sedo to sell my domain for low $XXXX. They have just informed me that the sale has been cancelled due to non-paymeny from the buyer. They also stated i have a case for legal action since an accepted offer in Sedo is contractually binding.

Is it worth pursuing this? I think i can actually get more for this domain, if i don't...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you can readily get more $$$$ for the domain, I'd probably opt to go this route (if it were mine), IMHO. :talk:

What was the specific language from Sedo about the current state of affairs - how exactly did they detail " ... stated i have a case for legal action"? Start with their "Terms of Use" and the above, in my view. :gl:

I hope others may post here with similar experiences ... depending on some factors here - including the dollar amount - your legal options, realistically, may be limited. I am not an attorney, so I don't know for sure however.
Hope it works out for you (and sorry to hear of the non-performer there at Sedo)! :td:
:wave:

•••
How much info about the almost-buyer is Sedo willing to provide?

•••
It is not worth the headache! Unless you have really lost another offer for the same domain because of this and you have a good chance of getting your money out of the buyer.
Sorry it happened to you! I think sedo needs to start asking buyers for a deposit thru paypal or some sort of payment method and when the buyer defaults, they loose their deposit. a similar alternative should apply to sellers as well, I guess!

•••
Choose which side then flip a coin to decide! :D

Seriously speaking, if you feel you can get more moolah out of it minus the
legal costs, then...

•••
Did you proceed with legal action already?

•••
Thx - here's my update

What was the specific language from Sedo about the current state of affairs
"Since this cancellation is no fault of yours and due to the inaction of the other party you might have grounds for legal action, based upon Sedo’s binding bidding system. We would be happy to provide you the necessary contact data on the buyer should you decide that legal action is warranted."

How much info about the almost-buyer is Sedo willing to provide?
They just sent me the full contact details of the buyer.

Did you proceed with legal action already?
No - to be honest, i don't think i will. It could cost me more than the domain is worth, and i'm not particularly flush at the moment! It may be a blessing in disguise, if i manage to sell for more than his/her offer.

I think the main thing is i've now got the buyer's details, so i know now to watch out for him/her in the future...
Cheers

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back