Dynadot

It's been a while since I was accepted to Google...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
And I have a friend who is trying to apply, but each of his last 3 sites have been turned down as not an ok site.

What is the smallest site you have used to be approved for Google Adsense?

-Allan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IAmAllanShore said:

-Allan
I used a CMS (Postnuke) and got approved by Google Adsense, despite the fact that I had no content on there. After I was approved for that "website", I was able to use Google Adsense on other websites. :)

Last edited:
•••
HellFear said:
I used a CMS (Postnuke) and got approved by Google Adsense, despite the fact that I had no content on there. After I was approved for that "website", I was able to use Google Adsense on other websites. :)

Way lucky...

My brother actually just applied also and was turned down, and really both sites were ok on content IMHO.

Anyone use a blog and get approved?

-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
You can also try creating an account at blogger.com, I'm sure Google Adsense will approve you for that easily because it's owned by Google and the website itself encourages people to join Google Adsense.

•••
i used a five page site and got in. it didn't look good or had too much content then

•••
How long does it take to get approved or denied?

How long does it usually take to hear from Google one way or the other. I'm sure they are backed up from the holiday. Do they send you a notice that you were denied and a reason if you are? It hasn't been very long since I applied, so I'm sure I'm just being impatient. :) I hope my site gets accepted! I'd like to see the Manor maybe actually make some money (even if it's just to pay for hosting) than losing money. :)

•••
They approved Adsense for my blog. Then again, it has more than 50,000 words on it ...

IAmAllanShore said:
Way lucky...

My brother actually just applied also and was turned down, and really both sites were ok on content IMHO.

-Allan

•••
HellFear said:
Care to reveal the CMS site? Presumably it is now richer in content, but it still helps to see what it takes. Thanks.

•••
1rrr1 said:
i used a five page site and got in. it didn't look good or had too much content then

Care to reveal the site so I can take a glimpse? TIA

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Way lucky...

-Allan

Care to show your brother's sites. It helps to know what don't work as well as what do. Thanks.

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
And I have a friend who is trying to apply, but each of his last 3 sites have been turned down as not an ok site.

-Allan

How long does it take to go through the decision process?
i.e. how much wait before one knows one way or the other?

•••
NP41215 said:
HellFear said:
Care to reveal the CMS site? Presumably it is now richer in content, but it still helps to see what it takes. Thanks.
Unfortunately that website is no longer up anymore, I used to advertise it in other related websites/topsites and got 50-100 uniques and slowly started losing traffic. I never updated nor added any content on that website mainly because I didn't have time to develop it into a website and I was not interested anymore.

•••
I just heard from Google tonight, so it was about 3 days for me (me and my impatience :)). I applied on the 1st and today was the 4th. I was accepted!! Yay! I wired up my site for the ads. Interesting some of it's choices it made for relevance.. Will have to put some thought into some of the page's descriptions. Now hopefully people will click on some of them.

You can have a look at mine np...

http://www.shadowwindmanor.com

•••
sunken said:
I just heard from Google tonight, so it was about 3 days for me (me and my impatience :)). I applied on the 1st and today was the 4th. I was accepted!! Yay! I wired up my site for the ads. Interesting some of it's choices it made for relevance.. Will have to put some thought into some of the page's descriptions. Now hopefully people will click on some of them.

You can have a look at mine np...

http://www.shadowwindmanor.com

I checked out both ads. They are art objects and so related to what you're doing. I'm just surprised that only two clickables were provided. Do you have control over how many ads are listed? Who decides how big the ad area should be?

Anyone has any idea how much better or more money one can get with AdSense than with PPC? Payout rate, etc.?

•••
NP41215 said:
I checked out both ads. They are art objects and so related to what you're doing. I'm just surprised that only two clickables were provided. Do you have control over how many ads are listed? Who decides how big the ad area should be?

Anyone has any idea how much better or more money one can get with AdSense than with PPC? Payout rate, etc.?

Only control over how many ads are listed are what ad format you choose and how popular your topic is.

AdSense is PPC... So I don't get your last question.

-Allan

•••
Sorry, never got the email notification for this thread, or maybe my spam killer got it. If you use the tall skyscraper ads, you get a couple more per box, but it didn't fit the format of the site. Google also has an adsense for search where you can put a google search box on your site and it will display the paid ads first, as well as the standard lists.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back