IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is .US dead (??)

Yong1

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone still investing in .US domains?

Has anyone sold any .US domains lately?

Where would you sell them?

Obviously in the .US .com is king too, but I have seen at times .us being used by different companies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I recently forwarded to Sedo yet it looks hung up in their ad system.

•••
I think you checked Americans.com by mistake. It has always had a landing page with option for offer. I like the name a lot and think the world of it but hey that's just me I believe! I think Debut.us is very strong as well
No it was americans.us. Try it. Both are good domains though. :)

•••
I recently forwarded to Sedo yet it looks hung up in their ad system.
I have seen posts here about sedos ads...they are pretty bad. But there is some setting you can change for better ads. I saw this recently here in the forum.

•••
How do you think I feel owning a domain that has something to do with everybody standing in the U.S.? You could have water.us, car.us,kids.us, shop.us yet not all of these things are done by everybody everyday. Being an American is something we all are. I feel quite sure .US will not turn around.I had over 50 at one time. I would say absolutely you can sell them but I don't believe for any money worth mentioning or the wait would be forever. I did sell InternetProviders.us back 5 or 6 years ago for 900 maybe or maybe 1100 max?

•••
I am not knocking the extension I just got REAL bent out of shape when the desire fell off. I remember in 2007 they were raging and I believe Shaun Pilford was always the big buyer or seller..I hope I am correct on that. No I love.us I just lost hope. I don't mean tired of paying. I lost hope. I just figured one word should be a no brainer of that type.

•••
I have seen posts here about sedos ads...they are pretty bad. But there is some setting you can change for better ads. I saw this recently here in the forum.
Why not develope americans, maybe site about famous Americans throughout history, add adsense, affiliate for American themed memoribilia/products........
. I think it's way too early to sell and doubt you will get anything close to a fair offer imo.

•••
I voted "NO"
One of the top ccTLDs so absolutely not dead.

•••
I just noticed AMX.info. The American Motors guys would love that!

•••
I have another .us let me find it....

•••
EquityMortgage.us

Guilds.us

Dubai.us

•••
Brandingtheweb.com you are right it needs developed. It could really be a "feel good" site. I guess I come on so strong about not believing in .us because it never gets press for the most part.

•••
I own

handys.us

for many years

handy = cellphone in german

to call it dead is optimistic..

•••
•••
I am not knocking the extension I just got REAL bent out of shape when the desire fell off. .... No I love.us I just lost hope. I don't mean tired of paying. I lost hope. I just figured one word should be a no brainer of that type.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but way back when LLLL.com domains with a Q, X or Z were considered worthless, I was happily snapping them up. I was sure that people were being narrow minded in forgetting that English wasn't the only language and that Chinese use Q, X and Z frequently. The Chinese economy was booming, so surely they would come around.

But they didn't.

I got rid of all of them, and felt I missed that one, especially as the Chinese economic boom was starting to bust a bit. A year later... we all know how that ends.

I had the foresight but not the timing. It could very well be the same with .us.

Or not...

•••
No it can't be if my DAD! Just bought one off me!

•••
•••
I am trying to sell a LLL.us here on Namepros for $19. That term is taken in more than 100 extensions. So, if not dead, it's just undergoing open heart surgery?! :P

However, I just sold VVVV dot us on GoDaddy. But for coffee money (more or less).

•••
If someone hit a light switch and .us got the press many of these extensions get it could at least "attempt" to regain. NeuStar made promises up till 4 or 5 years ago to get the brand out and to no avail?

•••
I am trying to sell a LLL.us here on Namepros for $19. That term is taken in more than 100 extensions. So, if not dead, it's just undergoing open heart surgery?! :P

However, I just sold VVVV dot us on GoDaddy. But for coffee money (more or less).

Cheap LLL does not mean cctld is dead.

In fact, there are only handful cctlds for the whole world with all LLLs taken, one being .US (along with .de, .uk, .cn, .in, .ru and couple others).

•••
Cheap LLL does not mean cctld is dead.

In fact, there are only handful cctlds for the whole world with all LLLs taken, one being .US (along with .de, .uk, .cn, .in, .ru and couple others).

True, but personally I feel like .US is "less alive" than most of the other ones that you mentioned. At least for domaining. ccTLDs are doing great in many countries. In Sweden (were I was born) a .SE is a must for any local company website, as long as it's main language is Swedish. A .COM is often much less attractive / trustworthy.

•••
True, but personally I feel like .US is "less alive" than most of the other ones that you mentioned. At least for domaining.

Would disagree as well.

.De does not appreciate acronyms as much. They value full words, even with dashes in them. cctld > com
.UK - not sure about this one. Don't follow normally, but I think their acronyms should be highest valued. cctld > com
.IN - with the same number of domains registered as .US their LLLs are priced 15 times higher than .US at reseller market with no fundamentals to support this. So correction is due (either .US up for multiples or .IN crash) cctld < com
.RU - not sure, but have an impression that short names and acronyms are highly valued. Also cctld > com
.CN - acronyms highly valued, given that they can stand for pinyin and cctld > com

•••
The stats are staying the same yet people are voting...this looks like a tug of war!

•••
Yes. it is :/ I am trying to sell SIMPL.US and no one is bothering to look at it.

•••
Yes. it is :/ I am trying to sell SIMPL.US and no one is bothering to look at it.

I'm not seeing how no bids for that domain at a $500 opening price makes the whole extension dead.

•••
I'm not seeing how no bids for that domain at a $500 opening price makes the whole extension dead.

Thank you for pointing out. It was $1 but I set it for testing along with BIN. Now reversed it to $1 again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back