IT.COM

question Is .DE.COM dead?

NameSilo
Watch

Is .DE.COM dead?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    100.0%
  • No

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Is there anyone who still investing in this ccTLD or hold few?

Were you be able to sell any .de.com domain name recently?

Where would you sell them?

May be in Germany, it can be popular but I can't see many companies which own their .de relevant .de.com domain name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I actually live in Germany and can say that this extension is worthless.

•••
It's not a ccTLD but a private subdomain ! Whomever invested in it didn't do his/her homework. Indeed, it's not used at all in Germany.

•••
Agreed. After looking at the popularity of .de in Germany, it is worthless to buy .de.com.

•••
Agreed. After looking at the popularity of .de in Germany, it is worthless to buy .de.com.

However, just focus only on the '.de ', which has a very high potential imo.
For any questions regarding german domain names do not hesitate to ask me. :)

•••
@trp3 Danke Schön :) I have little knowledge of German too. Thanks to my studies at German University.

•••
•••
The whole point of .de is to signify Germany and German things. .COM while used in Europe is more global/western.. so combining the two imo makes little sense. I never even knew there was a .de.com until now. Keep it mainstream, .de is a very healthy market. I've also sold a fair share of my german language names in .com too but .de is clearly preferred. Combining them just doesn't make sense.

•••
.de.com
is as well
a
.de.vu

.yoznamit.biz

•••
but if you were asking if .de is dead

yes as dead as .com

•••
•••
Thank you @Adam27 for sharing link but I asked about .DE.COM not .GB.COM :)
@Metalogics : @Adam27 is right , it's the same thing, de.com and gb.com are someone's domains, and one day all sub-domains ( xxx.de.com) will shutdown :)
I made a mistake too and bought some us.org and qc.com (Quebec) butI realized that it was a biiig mistake, I think god that I bought just 6 domains :)
Now I can make the difference between someone domains who are selling his subdomains and real cctld, gtld ....

•••
Yes. It looks true. Thank you :)

•••
It's subdomain of .com not ccTLD.

•••
Lol, I never knew that, thank you for pointing out the obvious.

I wonder how they got some registrars to sell their subdomains as regular extensions.

•••
@Metalogics : @Adam27 is right , it's the same thing, de.com and gb.com are someone's domains, and one day all sub-domains ( xxx.de.com) will shutdown :)

Both of those extensions are run by CentralNIC. They sell sub-domains.

I made a mistake too and bought some us.org and qc.com (Quebec) butI realized that it was a biiig mistake, I think god that I bought just 6 domains :)

Good you educated yourself @Metalogics. Now inform others. :)

•••
•••
I meant @abdou01 educated himself about real domains vs centralnic sub-domains. Glad to see others are learning too. :)

•••
yes, forget de.com, it's not very popular, .de is much more better

•••
•••
Create a sub domain for free, advertise it as having your own domain, sell it for $10. Rinse, Repeat.

Pretty clever really even if it borders on being scam-like.

•••
•••
In some countries these kind of domains are popular.
AU.COM comes to my mind which is very popular in Australia.

•••
•••
When was .de.com alive, to be dead now? lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back