Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is .US dead (??)

Yong1

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone still investing in .US domains?

Has anyone sold any .US domains lately?

Where would you sell them?

Obviously in the .US .com is king too, but I have seen at times .us being used by different companies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
^ not all of us care about what the Chinese are doing.

•••
There's been some good sales in .us recently on godaddy and sedo.

Switch.us $6k
Pinnacle.us $3k
Authentic.us $1.5k
Population.us $1k

and others...

I sold Pinnacle. I have also sold many in the past in a $5K - $10K+ range such as Carpet Cleaning, Pest Control, CPR, and others. If you own the right type of terms you will get inquiries.

Brad

•••
I own around 500 LLL.us and sold a couple a month in a range of $200-$1,000
I don't complain since my cost is around $10-$20 a piece.

•••
^ not all of us care about what the Chinese are doing.

I agree.

Investors from China also don't even meet nexus requirements to own .US.

Brad

•••
Here are some actual sales from Namebio:
skate.us 355 USD 2016-04-13 Flippa
hocanhvan.us 162 USD 2016-04-12 GoDaddy
clearly.us 1,000 USD 2016-04-11 Sedo
390.us 206 USD 2016-04-07 GoDaddy
timefortv.us 207 USD 2016-04-05 GoDaddy
dentistsnearme.us 142 USD 2016-04-01 GoDaddy
authentic.us 1,500 USD 2016-03-30 Flippa
coolcities.us 455 USD 2016-03-28 GoDaddy
generalmusic.us 777 USD 2016-03-08 GoDaddy
population.us 1,000 USD 2016-03-04 Sedo
dialupinternet.us 115 USD 2016-03-02 GoDaddy
switch.us 6,000 USD 2016-03-01 Sedo
chickenhencoop.us 370 USD 2016-03-01 GoDaddy
almubtaath.us 252 USD 2016-02-23 GoDaddy
firstapp.us 117 USD 2016-02-23 GoDaddy
performanceroofing.us 102 USD 2016-02-23 GoDaddy
pinnacle.us 3,000 USD 2016-02-11 Sedo
scmi.us 520 USD 2016-01-18 GoDaddy
yourservice.us 262 USD 2016-01-18 GoDaddy
bilqismovie.us 142 USD 2016-01-13 GoDaddy

•••
one of my lll sold yesterday on Afternic $499 less commission = 399.20 to me

•••
My philosophy- .US is in a dormant stage now, but the ccTLD of one of the wealthiest and most powerful countries on earth will not be a bust. but yes, to those who want profit and want it yesterday, .US will surely be unattractive. i have some LLLs and thats mostly it, but i will hold for now. Things change.

•••
•••
I own and have sold many quality keywords/brands/geos in .US, but they are slow to move in general.

You need high quality terms at bargain prices for it to work.

Brad

•••
dead no... dormant yes... I believe it will be awoken one day.

Clearly.us just sold for 1000 bucks on Sedo

Last edited:
•••
I believe I have good collection of .us names like

Accessory, Arms, Activate, Auditors, Cabinetry, CarFinance, Castles, Detector, Earnings, Experiment, Fixer, Gemologist, Geniuses, Gizmo, Inks, Instrument, Instruction, Islands, Kindergarden, Leagues, Legislation, Manual, Nights, Observe, Pals, Pepperoni, Pointer, Presents, Premises, Profession, Ranking, Returns, Voyager, Worker and many others.

But they don't sell themselves, like .coms do. I will add all of them to GD and Sedo and see how it goes. I expect them to be like .org, they will sell much better with bin prices at famous marketplaces.

•••
For investment I'd say: Yes - dead.

For development I'd say: No - it's still pretty cool for the U.S market sometimes and for domain hacks.

•••
I don't understand why ".US" can't take off !! in France people try the ".fr" before trying the ".com"
and too many companies have the ".fr" domains and are not interested in the ".com" I don't understand why this is not the case in the US !!
Good luck ".US" :)

•••
•••
I am not knocking the extension I just got REAL bent out of shape when the desire fell off. .... No I love.us I just lost hope. I don't mean tired of paying. I lost hope. I just figured one word should be a no brainer of that type.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but way back when LLLL.com domains with a Q, X or Z were considered worthless, I was happily snapping them up. I was sure that people were being narrow minded in forgetting that English wasn't the only language and that Chinese use Q, X and Z frequently. The Chinese economy was booming, so surely they would come around.

But they didn't.

I got rid of all of them, and felt I missed that one, especially as the Chinese economic boom was starting to bust a bit. A year later... we all know how that ends.

I had the foresight but not the timing. It could very well be the same with .us.

Or not...

•••
Yes. it is :/ I am trying to sell SIMPL.US and no one is bothering to look at it.

I'm not seeing how no bids for that domain at a $500 opening price makes the whole extension dead.

•••
•••
That's fine... Because it just may be the movement from foreign industries, individuals from other countries, and immigrants establishing businesses in the U.S that help make the usTLD take off..

Again, I think it is a misconception to say that the U.S public is not loyal to the usTLD or that the general public does not accept the usTLD. I think it is a lack of awareness. As more websites start to use the usTLD and the public becomes more aware of the usTLD the extension will increase in value.

Many U.S citizens are crazy patriotic. The U.S is notoriously egotistic. The public just in general are not very aware of this viable option and what it means.

It.........hasn't...........happened. It's been out there for like 15 years.

What is supposed to happen now that will all of a sudden make them aware? It's always been .com for the U.S.

When investing you want to be there before the crowd, not afterwards.

Do you mean you expect some crowd to come and people who are investing now are before them? What crowd exactly?

Can you guys point to any data whatsoever in that happening? I posted some showing otherwise.

TLDHistory1_02a4235b-7147-4bb0-8215-5ae459493dd2.png

•••
No Trump is going to make dot US great again

•••
I don't think .us is dead, It still in use

•••
.com mean nothing.
.us mean United States.

.us is very good extension for investment.

•••
the first name that I really developed and made money with that really inspired me was stimuluscheck.us, which is still up and running now. It still makes hundreds of dollars a month, even though there is no stimulus check. It still, still blows my mind. That was a name that I developed. I had about 20,000 unique visitors the first month. It was outranking the irs.gov information site about stimulus checks. In my first month, I was the authority in the United States on the government stimulus check that Bush was issuing and that was making thousands of dollars a month and after about month three, I thought, “Wow,” I’ve made like, I think it was like 3600 dollars or something in the last three months, off of a name that I had hand registered for 5 bucks.

Source - http://www.domainsherpa.com/morgan-linton-domaininvestinghandbook-interview/

•••
.us is not dead. I continue to have offers on and sell .us domains on a regular basis. For reference, I sold JOP .us at Sedo a few months back for $1,000.

•••
Keyword.us, LLL.us and NNN.us. These are end user sales.

On the development side, there are some very specific niches were in my experience .us does well with the search engines (especially Google) and gets VERY HIGH Adsense conversions. I was fortunate enough to pick up an OK .us name (really, it is just OK) here at NP 5-6 years ago for less than reg fee and after a build out that took less than a day the domain has consistently generated low-mid $XXX per month with Adsense. I have been able to use that same model in the same niche and developed a handful of other sites with the same level of success.

.us is NOT dead.

•••
I have Bed.us :)
That I will keep for ever :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back