IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is .US dead (??)

Yong1

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone still investing in .US domains?

Has anyone sold any .US domains lately?

Where would you sell them?

Obviously in the .US .com is king too, but I have seen at times .us being used by different companies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Not seeing .US on the list of affected SLDs. Am I missing something?
I think you mean us.com, It is not on the list but is owned by the same company and people may Understandably feel the same thing may happen to them.

•••
•••
I think you mean us.com, It is not on the list but is owned by the same company and people may Understandably feel the same thing may happen to them.

It's dependent upon people understanding they bought a sub-domain. The majority that own these domains don't know.

Same thing went through my mind after reading the article:)

Lol. :) All NPs members should agree a .US is much better than a sub-domain.

•••

Yes, of course I mean .us.com . I hope .us.com goes away, considering I would like to see .US unfurl as the most important of the lot. Lots of entities use .us, but domainers drive the inflation bubble, and domainers aren't in the buy mode for .us. Too many other distractions like dot-getarealjob.

•••
The subdomain .US.COM should go.
When you have .US what's the necessity in continuing with subdomain.

•••
Edit

Last edited:
•••
•••
.US is not dead, it is just sleeping.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
What are you looking at, majority are generic.

I just took a quick look and saw alot of hacks listed.

rep/resent.us
fw/d.us
zo/om.us
who/s.am/ung.us
fa/mo.us
mo/nitor.us
gra/de.us

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, not most, but several.

I just took a quick look and saw alot of hacks listed.

rep/resent.us
fw/d.us
zo/om.us
who/s.am/ung.us
fa/mo.us
mo/nitor.us
gra/de.us
Yes some people love domain hacks and .us is a nice extension with alot of possibilities.

•••
Yes some people love domain hacks and .us is a nice extension with alot of possibilities.

I agree, I am one of them and I have a number of them.

No .US ones though.

•••
•••
I also have one domain hack: besides.us

•••
•••
I have several decent .us hacks like Reward, Solve, and Fight. I have done decent selling .us hacks for low to mid 4 figures. A couple I've sold were Show and Revive but those were in 2012.

•••
Get $500 offers on the few I still own once or twice a year. Contemplating just liquidating them at that price next time around. If they ever dropped the requirements to own them, you would see a pretty big buyout overnight.

•••
My opinion, I don't think its dead, just dormant at the moment....I just hand-reg LasVegasPoker.us.... Not bad for the price I paid imo

•••
On life support, in the ICU.
Not getting many visitors, cards, or flowers.
Doctors say patient has lost will to live.

Personally a fan of .us.

•••
On life support, in the ICU.
Not getting many visitors, cards, or flowers.
Doctors say patient has lost will to live.

Personally a fan of .us.
Because the patient has not told people what room he's in, And the hospital has no record of him.:).......bet he would have gotten attention if he had a website.

Last edited:
•••
.us is not dead. I continue to have offers on and sell .us domains on a regular basis. For reference, I sold JOP .us at Sedo a few months back for $1,000.

•••
.us is not dead. I continue to have offers on and sell .us domains on a regular basis. For reference, I sold JOP .us at Sedo a few months back for $1,000.

Do you mostly sell keywords or LLL.us?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back