Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is .US dead (??)

Yong1

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone still investing in .US domains?

Has anyone sold any .US domains lately?

Where would you sell them?

Obviously in the .US .com is king too, but I have seen at times .us being used by different companies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keyword.us, LLL.us and NNN.us. These are end user sales.

On the development side, there are some very specific niches were in my experience .us does well with the search engines (especially Google) and gets VERY HIGH Adsense conversions. I was fortunate enough to pick up an OK .us name (really, it is just OK) here at NP 5-6 years ago for less than reg fee and after a build out that took less than a day the domain has consistently generated low-mid $XXX per month with Adsense. I have been able to use that same model in the same niche and developed a handful of other sites with the same level of success.

.us is NOT dead.

•••
•••
Are these geo websites?

No. I have tried to develop some .us geos but without any real success. I do still have some nice geos (cities, landmarks, etc.) but they are all parked now.

•••
No. I have tried to develop some .us geos but without any real success. I do still have some nice geos (cities, landmarks, etc.) but they are all parked now.

What type of sites are these? Sites people think are government agencies? :)

•••
I agree with everyone who said .US is widely in use. I've seen some pretty phenomenal .US domains go for very low prices recently. Not dead by any extent.

•••
who really cares? its a joke extension be honest, cant take it serious,

•••
What type of sites are these? Sites people think are government agencies? :)
No. I have never developed anything in the government agency space. I don't know if these would rank well given how strong the government sites(s) would rank.

•••
who really cares? its a joke extension be honest, cant take it serious,

To each there own. A few of us who have done well with .us will be happy to take everyone's scraps.

•••
I've seen some pretty phenomenal .US domains go for very low prices recently. Not dead by any extent.
Not exactly a good sign...

•••
To each there own. A few of us who have done well with .us will be happy to take everyone's scraps.

yea sure, your operative word "few"!

btw u know why .us is not a hit? because 100 MILLION+ in the good ol usa r on the gov dole! meaning no one has the $ for a loaf of bread let alone a useless extension for a country / world economy spiraling into the worst mega depression in recorded history!!

fact ,,,,,

Last edited:
•••
:)

btw u know why .us is not a hit? because 100 MILLION+ in the good ol usa r on the gov dole! meaning no one has the $ for a loaf of bread let alone a useless extension for a country / world economy spiraling into the worst mega depression in recorded history!!

fact ,,,,,
Really? Are you an American?

•••
Not exactly a good sign...
A good sign if you think it's bottomed out. Strong .US names still command value and are being used increasingly. Bad names are falling off a cliff. But, this is nothing new.

•••
•••
Total .US registrations are above 1.5 million.

•••
coming from Chicago the training ground of the REAL criminals
Lol, I'm going to call b.s. on a few things, firstly you don't sound like a female? Secondly you said "I grew up in Jasper & Banff Alberta in the 70's & 80's.." and thirdly how about your copy paste job ,,..Is new GTLD's affecting dot COM sales?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

fact ,,,,,
All your "stats" are irrelevant to the issue of whether people will and do pay money for .US domains. Finally, there is plenty money in america. Maybe some just want to see that glass as half empty...or empty.

•••
All your "stats" are irrelevant to the issue of whether people will and do pay money for .US domains. Finally, there is plenty money in america. Maybe some just want to see that glass as half empty...or empty.
Yea sure quote another antiquated cliche, btw its called DELUSION if u think that!! u just go ahead and think what u like mate and all the best with that cause the folks with the $ are not domainers into your dot whatever,,,,

•••
Yea sure quote another antiquated cliche, btw its called DELUSION if u think that!! u just go ahead and think what u like mate and all the best with that cause the folks with the $ are not domainers into your dot whatever,,,,
Its not a .whatever it's America's only cctld, each country only has one. Anyways its in my personal interest to let you dissuade domainers from investing in .us. that said their is enough information in this thread to make an informed decision.

•••
Its not a .whatever it's America's only cctld, each country only has one. Anyways its in my personal interest to let you dissuade domainers from investing in .us. that said their is enough information in this thread to make an informed decision.

well, America has .com. And what matters, sales - https://namebio.com/?s=wNxgTM1ATN

only 4 reported ones this month for:
$102
$166
$295
$105

And people are free to report their own .us sales that aren't in those reports in this thread, so where are they at? Specifics.

Wherever you feel .us is at right now (which is not good), I've yet to see anybody give good reasons why it'll get better.

•••
im making an informed opinion period. im not trying to influence or dissuade anyones choice to spend their money on a cctld that is basically pathetic in performance.

whats the highest selling dot us domain to date?

I just see it as a wasted ext that had potential due to the size of the population and businesses etc but it has obviously been a loser and most likely will continue to be unless something major happens but highly unlikely now due to the huge number of tld choices out there

•••
well, America has .com. And what matters, sales - https://namebio.com/?s=wNxgTM1ATN

only 4 reported ones this month for:
$102
$166
$295
$105

And people are free to report their own .us sales that aren't in those reports in this thread, so where are they at? Specifics.

Wherever you feel .us is at right now (which is not good), I've yet to see anybody give good reasons why it'll get better.
Most end user sales are not reported on namebio, for example my sale a couple weeks ago of a 1 word generic .us eclipses those sales tenfold.

•••
im making an informed opinion period. im not trying to influence or dissuade anyones choice to spend their money on a cctld that is basically pathetic in performance.

whats the highest selling dot us domain to date?

I just see it as a wasted ext that had potential due to the size of the population and businesses etc but it has obviously been a loser and most likely will continue to be unless something major happens but highly unlikely now due to the huge number of tld choices out there
We all have our opinions, as for new gtlds you may think they will hurt .us but I believe they will help .us as endusers will want a credible extension they can trust. Would you trust your livelihood on a newgtld? Not me, considering what they can and have done to their customers such as raising their renewal exponentially, etc.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back