Is namesilo frontrunning

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

robert widener

Established Member
Impact
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Eric Lyon - It appears that the user @marthak signed up to NamePros, made this one post, and then got banned. Could you let us know why this user got banned?

Any connection to @robert widener (OP)? Their writing style is exactly the same, with "...." instead of periods, spaces before and after different forms of punctuation "word ? " instead of "word? " and "word . " instead of "word. ", certain words in all caps to provide emphasis, no capital letter when starting new sentences, "&" instead of "and", and so on. And of course, there is the fact that they opened this NP account just to emotionally defend OP's frontrunning accusation (an assertion that OP has yet to provide any evidence to support).

Because @marthak and @robert widener's writing is exactly the same, I suspect @marthak is a shilling account opened by @robert widener to support his own accusation against NameSilo. I assume that is why his second account was banned. Can you please confirm or deny this @Eric Lyon?

Last edited:
•••
Watching thread to see how eric handles this duplicate account issue. Close both accounts
Clean this place up

And this thread should be killed and deleted, namesilo is best their is, just have a whiny domainer tarnishing a company's rep

Last edited:
•••
In certain hot niches people are registering names every single day. Every thought you’ve had someone very often beat you to it. (Hello Coin & Crypto Names) It’s not particularly odd for a name you saw open yesterday to be gone today.

Op opened this thread to do a smear campaign on @namesilo that is obvious. I hope this thread gets taken down as he has not even come back to provide proof of his accusation.

I have typed many things at NS with no such issues but I generally don’t check unless I am ready to buy.

•••
Never experienced such on Namesilo

•••
I see that supposed duplicate account poster has been banned from previous page arca pointed out
Whats the story behind that @Eric Lyon ?
Was that @robert widener playing little games while he makes false accusations against namesilo?

Namesilo is #1 in my books for sure
Dont believe the op lies

•••
i never did hear back from namesilo president michael goldfarb & doesn't marthak bring up an interesting point about when a domain in question being suddenly gone "why is it always regged at the registrar where person looked up domain name at & never some other registry " the registrars like to tell us it's always a coincidence but nobody else finds it .... oh i dont know ....ODD. has anyone else noticed that namesilo or any other registrar reps are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this remark like the plague

Last edited:
•••
He should ask for his money back.. :arghh:

•••
i never did hear back from namesilo president michael goldfarb & doesn't marthak bring up an interesting point about when a domain in question being suddenly gone "why is it always regged at the registrar where person looked up domain name at & never some other registry " the registrars like to tell us it's always a coincidence but nobody else finds it .... oh i dont know ....ODD. has anyone else noticed that namesilo or any other registrar reps are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this remark like the plague

What's the name?

•••
many people have brought up an intersting point .... " what is the name ? " ..... has anyone else noticed that robert widener & marthak (he & himself) are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this question like the plague ? i don't now what there is to hide ? .....ODD.

•••
many people have brought up an intersting point .... " what is the name ? " ..... has anyone else noticed that robert widener & marthak (he & himself) are so EERILY QUIET & have avoided this question like the plague ? i don't now what there is to hide ? .....ODD.
not giving out name , i think it's pretty clear genius ? , hoping name becomes available again . last thing i need is a million other domainers checking / looking for name to become available . something to hide ? .... something odd going on ? ...NO to both questions , just smart that's all .

Last edited:
•••
Well, if you won't tell us, maybe @marthak will LOL.

•••
Last edited:
•••
lol , maybe you can ask her .

Since you and her have the exact same unique quirks in your writing style, I'm guessing she doesn't exist.

Putting an empty space before punctuation marks , SPORADICALLY CAPITALIZING words and phrases..

marthak.png

If you're going to slander a company, at least pick one that doesn't do everything right.

•••
Since you and her have the exact same unique quirks in your writing style, I'm guessing she doesn't exist.

Putting an empty space before punctuation marks , SPORADICALLY CAPITALIZING words and phrases..

Show attachment 75988

If you're going to slander a company, at least pick one that doesn't do everything right.
lol , i guess it's a coincidence huh . why not , anything is possible . you believe the registrars when they tell you that so why not give me the benefit of the doubt ?

•••
I see that supposed duplicate account poster has been banned from previous page arca pointed out
Whats the story behind that @Eric Lyon ?
Was that @robert widener playing little games while he makes false accusations against namesilo?

Namesilo is #1 in my books for sure
Dont believe the op lies
not banned from page . maybe you should think about getting another avatar because you certainly don't have a clue .

•••
I believe the OP can edit the thread title and possibly the first post.

Why not change it to "Is Namesilo Frontrunning?"

That asks a question and invites responses and lets people hear other people's experience and draw their own conclusions.

Some registrars, not Namesilo, have been suspected of selling whois searches on, and Network Solutions used to register any name you searched for and try to sell it for $39 for the next 5 days. So this question could come up sooner or later at any registrar.

If I understand right, OP found a name he wanted was rapidly taken. Has happened to most of us - you can have different intepretations of how that happens, and if you want to jump to making accusations without checking and considering the possibilities, there are still multiple parties you could accuse, not just the registrar.

Last edited:
•••
i changed the title of the thread because that's what it was supposed to be in the first place . i made a mental error in typing the title & should have been paying more attention & i apologize for that . i didn't realize that thread titles can be changed within a certain time limit until it was pointed out to me .

•••
•••
namesilo may be frontrunning , checked a domain & went back to get it & it's gone . so check domain names at your own risk if you use a registrar's website because if you don't buy it right then it may be gone very soon after your search .
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?

Last edited:
•••
i tried to edit the first post in this thread , wasn't able too .

Last edited:
•••
•••
This thread is a waste of time. I mean, you could at least post the whois record with relevant dates and timestamps even while omitting the domain name.

•••
This thread is a waste of time. I mean, you could at least post the whois record with relevant dates and timestamps even while omitting the domain name.
then move on kate , thanks for the advice though i'll keep that in mind for future references

Last edited:
•••
Glad to see everyone commenting in support of Namesilo. When you have time, Please delete this thread @Eric Lyon or @Kenny or other mods. Namesilo is really responsive especially here look how fast they defended this on Namepros and a great company that most people myself included give the recommendations routinely, they are in this unsubstaniated accusation run amok. I have registered hundreds and checked at least a thousand names this past year and use their whois after I log in all the time. Everyday in fact, I use it and never had an issue.

•••
No offense but I'm sure Namesilo couldn't give 2 sh*ts about the hand regs lol

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back