Is namesilo frontrunning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

robert widener

Established Member
Impact
just so you all know .... namesilo is frontrunning , checked a domain yesterday & today i went to get it & it's gone ...... guess who owns it NAMESILO . so dont be checking any domains at namesilo because if you dont buy it right then it may be gone the next day . does president michael goldfarb have an account here ? ...would he like to respond ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
another interesting read , google NETWORK SOLUTIONS CAUGHT FRONTRUNNING . this goes back some years but the practice hasnt stopped

•••
NOBODY wants to respond ,lol

•••
I can respond.
I trust NameSilo.
I don't trust Network Solutions and I stay away from them even when they have domains for $1.

•••
At this point it would shock me if they were 100% legit since lots of registrars aren’t.

•••
It is true it happens but you might have had a great idea and someone else did too, with world population odds of it have to be good. I have not seen it on namesilo, and I am always looking for certain types of domains. Sometimes you get lucky others not so much. Better luck next time.

•••
It is true it happens but you might have had a great idea and someone else did too, with world population odds of it have to be good. I have not seen it on namesilo, and I am always looking for certain types of domains. Sometimes you get lucky others not so much. Better luck next time.
thanks zest . i DO NOT check domains that im interested in until im ready to pull the trigger on them anymore .

•••
another interesting read , google NETWORK SOLUTIONS CAUGHT FRONTRUNNING . this goes back some years but the practice hasnt stopped
LOL, this thread suddenly got REAL QUIET .

•••
What you outline here is extremely common at NameSilo. There are many owners there that let domains expire and go to auction, and renew just before the auction is about to close. Why they do this, I don't know.

Another thing is, once somebody places a bid on an expired domains, NameSilo emails the owner to notify them that there is a bid and that the domain will consequently be sold upon the end of the auction (at least I got those emails last when I let some names expire that got bids in the expired domain auctions). It seems that "most" owners that had decided to let a domain expire will change their mind and go to renew that domain after they are notified that somebody has bid on it.

Based on my own experience I'd say that about 80-90% of the expired domains I bid on at NameSilo got renewed after my bid. With the way their expired domain auction system works it's mostly a waste of time to bid on expired domains there.
I wouldn't waste my time trying to buy expired domains from namesilo. I spent $1,600 on a domain. The guy renewed it within the last few hours. Namesilo took my money within minutes to pay for the domain and took me months to get my money back after tons of arguing and calling my bank and calling namesilo. It caused me so much frustration. Also I can't stand how they're expired domain auction is structured. So I just steer clear of them when it comes to expired auctions
good advice for anybody

•••
At this point it would shock me if they were 100% legit since lots of registrars aren’t.
bottom line is this ...DO NOT use a registry to look up your domain names

Last edited:
•••
If the thought exists, its possible. Sort of like how someone once thought of a flying object that can take you from point A to point B. Grow up, its business, and I myself have experienced this with SEVERAL registrars and was just talking about this with my business partner earlier today because it happened to us when trying to register a name AS WE WERE TYPING IN OUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO ACQUIRE AN AVAILABLE NAME...

If a domain is not registered, and hasn't been for years, and you're on the checkout screen, and its suddenly taken by the registrar or its affiliates, then guess what? Once again, grow up. It's business.

Too bad 99% of anyone involved in tech companies aren't man enough to meet in a parking lot for a swift uppercut to the chin to be taught a lesson.

•••
If the thought exists, its possible. Sort of like how someone once thought of a flying object that can take you from point A to point B. Grow up, its business, and I myself have experienced this with SEVERAL registrars and was just talking about this with my business partner earlier today because it happened to us when trying to register a name AS WE WERE TYPING IN OUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO ACQUIRE AN AVAILABLE NAME...

If a domain is not registered, and hasn't been for years, and you're on the checkout screen, and its suddenly taken by the registrar or its affiliates, then guess what? Once again, grow up. It's business.

Too bad 99% of anyone involved in tech companies aren't man enough to meet in a parking lot for a swift uppercut to the chin to be taught a lesson.
im not sure if your pissed off at me for starting the thread or at the registries that are STEALING NAMES , lol .i'm assuming your telling me to GET OVER IT , i am & yes , iv'e moved on from it . nothing like a good rant to get it off your chest huh buddy

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back