IT.COM

Domains got stolen from my Namesilo [Recovered]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TSB

Upgraded Member
Impact
Yesterday, I was checking domain list in my namesilo account. Found that my 4L.com's were missing. Immediately I've sent mail to namesilo and got a reply like the domains got transferred to another account.

And when I checked IP login info in the domain transaction history, for these 3 alone the access is from the UK. I shared this info with the namesilo customer support and waiting for their reply. I'm sure the domains were stolen from my account, but not sure how did it happen.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 3.23.02 PM.png

First time facing this problem. I hope a lot of people gone through this situation. But what is the success rate in getting back the stolen domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are still at NameSilo - did you check if they are listed in the Marketplace there? Also, are the DNS for the names set so that they redirect to a for sale somewhere else? There is no chance your NameSilo email address has been changed, either by accident or by hacking, so email notifications not going to you?

•••
Suggestion for namesilo: implementation of a configurable system of emailed login notifications, such as for example if a login from noticeably different location occured (such as on the screenshot). Up to sending email about each successful (or unsuccessful) login attempt.

It's all already there, and more than that, check Domain Defender.
NameSilo-DomainDefender-2.png

•••
Its really a bad situation please get us updated when you get back your domains.

•••
Also, in Namesilo there is additional opportunity to protect each action with domain (DNS change, unlock etc) by means of a secret words

•••
sorry for your loss, I am sure NameSilo will rectify the situation quickly, they are good people.

Meanwhile, use the Domain Defender at NameSilo, at least make one authentication

•••
•••
It's all already there, and more than that, check Domain Defender.

Meanwhile, use the Domain Defender at NameSilo, at least make one authentication

My domain defender was inactive, now I activated it.

And moreover, I got my domains back. Namesilo support contacted the other party, waited for few days, but there is no response. It's a lesson learnt for not securing my account. Now I enabled 2FA authentication and activated my domain defender. Thanks to @namesilo for taking immediate action and helping me in this.

Last edited:
•••
•••
My domain defender was inactive, now I activated it.

And moreover, I got my domains back. Namesilo support contacted the other party, waited for few days, but there is no response. It's a lesson learnt for not securing my account. Now I enabled 2FA authentication and activated my domain defender. Thanks to @namesilo for taking immediate action and helping me in this.

Awesome!! NameSilo Rocks!!

•••
Yesterday, I was checking domain list in my namesilo account. Found that my 4L.com's were missing. Immediately I've sent mail to namesilo and got a reply like the domains got transferred to another account.

And when I checked IP login info in the domain transaction history, for these 3 alone the access is from the UK. I shared this info with the namesilo customer support and waiting for their reply. I'm sure the domains were stolen from my account, but not sure how did it happen.

Show attachment 96383

First time facing this problem. I hope a lot of people gone through this situation. But what is the success rate in getting back the stolen domains?

Active security for all operation.. include mobile pass.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back