Dynadot

Missing domains at Namesilo! Found about it after a month. They forgot to register them.

NameSilo
Watch

okmachan

Established Member
Impact
Today I have randomly checked one of my domain names to see if it's pointing correctly. It didn't resolve. I went to my account at namesilo and found that two domain names that I paid for are missing. (I could be missing many more, I would never know) I have paid to register four domains back in April 11th and today (after more than a month) I found out that two out of four domains that I registered are still available to register everywhere.

2A7DA118-F817-4666-9C37-8452C27FFF33.jpeg

When I chat with an agent here's what he told me. I need to send them an email to solve it. I was like what? Can't you transfer these details to your other department.
F602BFDA-5AA2-437A-A552-1C6799FD13AF.jpeg
9BE633D0-FB7F-4C4A-978B-B42733343A18.jpeg
C106093A-FD6A-45A3-B21D-397171E02DC2.jpeg

I did send them an email and didn't get a reply yet. Namesilo didn't even send me an email about not being able to register some of my domains. This is really not cool Namesilo.
Btw non of these domains are registry exclusive.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is concerning. I have a couple hundred domains with namesilo. Please keep us updated.

•••
@namesilo

This is troubling. Hopefully, will be resolved soon.

•••
It's so frustrating when you're on a support chat and they tell you to email them lol. That happened to me the other day, too. Why don't they train/allow their live chat people to solve these issues, or why don't they get the live chat people to escalate the ticket on your behalf?

If I have reached out to live chat, instead of telling me "email support", why doesn't the live chat person do that for me?

I don't mean to derail, just a pet peeve. Maybe there's a good reason.

In any case, this is concerning.

•••
This is concerning. I have a couple hundred domains with namesilo. Please keep us updated.
They replied this.
DB0FC707-87AD-4835-9974-7F158478CA35.jpeg
Apology accepted but this is clearly not correct as non of these domains are registry premiums. (There’s a dot homes thread at namepros and people found these names last year for reg fees) I hand reg the missing two today at dynadot for reg fees prior to posting this thread. Also while I’m chatting with their agent even their website showed these domains available for reg fees. (I do have screenshots to prove this if I need to)

This is clearly a bug and they are not willing to accept it. I get it there could be bugs in a system. But failure to send me an automated email letting me know that the purchase was failed/incomplete is concerning.

•••
So to recap:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/homes-re-released.1118934/page-10#post-7073293

Ok my last two regs.

Modify/Homes
Hillside/Homes

I promised myself not to reg more in this extension.

You had registered Hillside / Homes at Dynadot on January 20, 2019.

It expired on January 20, 2020.

You then tried to register it on April 11th, 2020
were even charged for it,
and have a receipt.

Then,
today May 13th, 2020,
you notice not all of your April 11th purchases were processed?

I assume you then registered it at Dynadot, today, May 13th, 2020?

While you await namesilo refund?

This reminds me of an issue I had at Epik,
though it didn't take over a month for me to realize the domain never hit my account,
if I had waited a month, the domain likely would have been registered.

Is anybody else having issues registering domains at epik?

I hand registered two .orgs a few hours ago, and they have yet to hit my account.

Email receipt received. Invoice shows as paid.

The response I received from epik was there was a brief EPP issue with .org.
All good now -- brief EPP issue with .ORG. Sorry for the delay. All queued orders processed.

Though, seeing how your expierenced was quoted to involve a registry premium new TLD domain,
then perhaps more relevant is

A thread from 2018 regarding namesilo and .co refunds

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namesilo-cancel-my-last-12-purchases-domain-name.1116279/

More recent, was a thread from March 2020 regarding the attempted registration of Music.Holiday.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/na...y-domain-out-of-my-acct.1182522/#post-7692383

@wwwweb had asserted a likely logical reason

Simple answer, it is a premium fee domain, namesilos system is not showing that, it should be $40 some dollar per year.

Your registration never connected to the registry, and if it did it bounced, as it is deemed premium.

Yet, the bug still appears to exist, to this day.

Note current search result for Music.Holiday

upload_2020-5-13_18-21-1.png

<<>>>
upload_2020-5-13_18-24-32.png
<<>>
upload_2020-5-13_18-27-4.png

Last edited:
•••
With the premium price being about $40 each, I would have expected Namesilo to purchase those for you and just cover the difference in cost out of their pocket, as a minimal courtesy for making this error and not alerting you at all.

If you were charged for registering these names, and never received the names and were never alerted that the registration failed, it seems very reasonable for them to eat the $60 ($80 minus the $20 you already paid) difference in price to make it right.

•••
So to recap:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/homes-re-released.1118934/page-10#post-7073293

You had registered Hillside / Homes at Dynadot on January 20, 2019.

It expired on January 20, 2020.

You then tried to register it on April 11th, 2020
were even charged for it,
and have a receipt.

Then,
today May 13th, 2020,
you notice not all of your April 11th purchases were processed?

I assume you then registered it at Dynadot, today, May 13th, 2020?

While you await namesilo refund?

This reminds me of an issue I had at Epik,
though it didn't take over a month for me to realize the domain never hit my account,
if I had waited a month, the domain likely would have been registered.

The response I received from epik was there was a brief EPP issue with .org.

Though, seeing how your expierenced was quoted to involve a registry premium new TLD domain,
then perhaps more relevant is

A thread from 2018 regarding namesilo and .co refunds

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namesilo-cancel-my-last-12-purchases-domain-name.1116279/

More recent, was a thread from March 2020 regarding the attempted registration of Music.Holiday.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/na...y-domain-out-of-my-acct.1182522/#post-7692383

@wwwweb had asserted a likely logical reason

Yet, the bug still appears to exist, to this day.
Correct. To add this two reg fee domains didn't hit my account and I realized that only today after a month. (Hillside / homes and lakeside / homes)

•••
With the premium price being about $40 each, I would have expected Namesilo to purchase those for you and just cover the difference in cost out of their pocket, as a minimal courtesy for making this error and not alerting you at all.

If you were charged for registering these names, and never received the names and were never alerted that the registration failed, it seems very reasonable for them to eat the $60 ($80 minus the $20 you already paid) difference in price to make it right.
The domain names I tried to register back in April are reg fee ($9) names. (They are not registry premiums)

•••
I had a domain go from there mombs.com am shipping all domains out.

•••
Hi guys,

I researched what happened here and it looks like the domains did not end up getting into the account on the date they were ordered. Our pricing was indeed the price they were charged and when the user, okmachan, reached out to our support team, the pricing was higher and our support assumed it may have been related to a bug we had around that time with some premium tlds not being registered for regular pricing.

The techs are investigating why the purchase of the 2 domains failed in April and we would have been happy to register these domains at the higher price for okmachan but unfortunately they had been already registered at another registrar.

Please reach out to me in PM okmachan and I will make sure we get you credited for your purchase of those two names there on top of the refund we already issued on our end for them.

In terms of mombs.com - the domain looks to have been lost in an expired auction in January.

•••
Hi guys,

I researched what happened here and it looks like the domains did not end up getting into the account on the date they were ordered. Our pricing was indeed the price they were charged and when the user, okmachan, reached out to our support team, the pricing was higher and our support assumed it may have been related to a bug we had around that time with some premium tlds not being registered for regular pricing.

The techs are investigating why the purchase of the 2 domains failed in April and we would have been happy to register these domains at the higher price for okmachan but unfortunately they had been already registered at another registrar.

Please reach out to me in PM okmachan and I will make sure we get you credited for your purchase of those two names there on top of the refund we already issued on our end for them.

In terms of mombs.com - the domain looks to have been lost in an expired auction in January.
Thanks for the reply and taking proper actions to investigate it further. This issue is now resolved. Mods please delete this thread. Thanks.

•••
Mods please delete this thread

Why delete the thread?

This thread seems to be a genuine example of a bug being brought to the attention of nP,
then swift action was taken by @Kristaps @ NameSilo

Did something occur offline that we're not aware of?

•••
I have experienced several times (and of course no proof).

I admit I trust too much registrars. 8 out of 10 times I don't bother to check the orders 10 minutes or an hour or even a day later.

I just assume it's done.

then 6-9 months later or even a year later.

I'll go back to the same keywords that I usually troll. like VR or Virtual or Bank or IOT or whatever.

I'll think of a domain that I thought I owned.

Then I check the whois and it's not. no big deal.

but the truth is.when I get "an idea" I usually reg a bunch of domains with the niche target keyword.

And then apply my "usual" go to prefixes and suffixes to add to that keyword.

I'll check the current whois date for the domain I thought I owned.

then cross reference to the bunch of domains I registered around the same date.

And I swear almost always.

The domain I thought I registered but isn't mine now. "fits the pattern"

for example.

If the domain I'm missing is Top+Keyword.com

usually my next prefixes will be Best, Free, Buy, Pay, Shop, maybe a letter like E or I.

sometime world or get or the.

If any of these domains are registered but somehow Top+Keyword.com wasn't? and Top+Keyword.com was registered the same date? or even a couple of days later?

That's very suspicious.

And almost always the domain gets registered with privacy.

Part of me feels workers at Namesilo frontrun my domains that I order in real time. So the invoice shows only the domains that will be charged.

And the others they keep for themselves.

People always tell me that front running like that is "impossible"

Case in point.

There was one time I was on the phone with a Godaddy rep who was helping me with my order.

While I was on the phone with the rep I was adding domains to the cart and he told me he could see everything WHILE I was adding stuff.

ummmmmm explain to me again how a rep couldn't change what you put in your cart in real time?

I mean I know these people have downtimes or lunch break.

I mean what's stopping these reps from sitting there during their lunch break eating a sandwich and choosing some domainer who has a "habit" of registering domains in bulk and is pretty good at finding good domains and deleting domains they like from his cart in real time and registering it for themselves?

That's a pretty great way to make extra cash.

If I were them I wouldn't do it via their work station. easy fix is just whip out your mobile phone and register the domain. preferably with a different register so it doesn't look obvious.

but I'm sure registrar reps are domainers too and probably get a discount for registering domains at their job.

Am I just being paranoid?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back